Faction Leader Challenge Step 5 Progress Not Updating

+
Frustrating, I played for hours and did not accumulate the points of Nilf's fifth challenge!

I read here that there is a bug with the 5th quest. I thought myself, I give it a try. I played 10+ Thrive cards...won the match...counter shows 1. I will not play 5-6 hours to make the quest...so it will be bugfixed or I let it go...
Post automatically merged:

I read this on reddit:

Don't pass if you have cards in your hands. If you do - your progress from this round (not match) would not count. Same rules apply for your opponent.

So You and your opponent too have to play all cards from hand every single round to make the counter work. It's literally impossible...

Last edited:
Hello, I experience this problem with Eldain, but there are many more reports across factions in thread https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/are-you-up-for-a-challenge.11000422/ . I played 4 traps with Eldain leading deck, nobody resigned, match was completed whole and it did not count even single of my traps and I still have 0/80 traps played.

As I recall, there was problem with 5th quest already in January Faction Challenge, that not all cards were counted for it, despite quests were quite different. Could be something in algorithm taking care about 5th quest specifically.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
So You and your opponent too have to play all cards from hand every single round to make the counter work. It's literally impossible...
In fact, even before reading this, I thought it could be a reason, but now I can confirm that it is not the case. In my last game, I played three traps in R3 and won (thankfully the opponent didn't forfeit) after I played my last card (both players having no cards in hand and Passed and the game properly ending). Still the counter didn't increase. Before the game it was 8 and after the game (after couple of restarts and giving it an hour or so), it is still 8. So, this theory of forfeiting or not playing all the cards seems to be wrong.
I heard that for some players the count stays at 0. For me, it became 8 after playing a couple of games after reaching the 5th mission. So, I thought it is working fine for me. But after 8, it never increased. I think we should wait for official communication from CDPR. Probably we will get it tomorrow - the first weekday.

#metoo

Not a single progress in 4 games. 20 (-+) thrive cards played (normal and premium, full hand and forfaits), but nothing changed.

In fact, even before reading this, I thought it could be a reason, but now I can confirm that it is not the case. In my last game, I played three traps in R3 and won (thankfully the opponent didn't forfeit) after I played my last card (both players having no cards in hand and Passed and the game properly ending). Still the counter didn't increase. Before the game it was 8 and after the game (after couple of restarts and giving it an hour or so), it is still 8. So, this theory of forfeiting or not playing all the cards seems to be wrong.
I heard that for some players the count stays at 0. For me, it became 8 after playing a couple of games after reaching the 5th mission. So, I thought it is working fine for me. But after 8, it never increased. I think we should wait for official communication from CDPR. Probably we will get it tomorrow - the first weekday.

Did you play all of your cards in R1? Did it your opponent? If not, the counter does not work. If You or your oppenent passes in R1 with cards in hand, the counter seems not working anymore. No matter what you did in R2-R3. That is why I said it's impossible to do it.

A few results:
In Ranked:
I played every card from hand in R1 (4 thrive cards) and my opponent did and my counter did not change for Thrive at the end of the game, but the opponent did forfeit in the second round, so who knows if that messed it up.
Next game, opponent disconnected 4 cards in, I had played 2 Thrive units from hand, my counter went up 1 , so it doesn't seem like the game has to end with a pass..
In Seasonal:
Each game, played 9+ thrive cards from hand , not counting spawns, number that counted: 7, 6, 7, 8, 0, 7, 2, 0, 0, 0.
Haven't figured out what makes them count or not get.
The three ZEROs in a row were in no way different than the games that gave me credit.
Edit: Finally, completed it.
I estimate it took 140-180 thrive cards to actually complete the quest.

Last edited:
I read here that there is a bug with the 5th quest. I thought myself, I give it a try. I played 10+ Thrive cards...won the match...counter shows 1. I will not play 5-6 hours to make the quest...so it will be bugfixed or I let it go...
Post automatically merged:

I read this on reddit:

Looks like it worked, thank you !!!!

Both need to use all hand cards

I think that the use of traps is not being added to my mission for last challenge of leader.
. Is it specefic of a game mode?

Animosity.

Yes this is another thread, in the wrong forum, and I deserve a ban and topic closure, but this forum deserves these threads to keep appearing BECAUSE ITS BEEN FOUR DAYS INTO THE CHALLENGE AND THE BUG THAT MAKES PROGRESSION IMPOSSIBLE AND AFFECTS _ALL_ PLAYERS IS NOT FIXED!!

Tomfoolery! Enough. I tried forfeiting and not, premium cards and not, playing all cards in the round and not, seasonal and classic, winning the round/game and not, and across SIX games win 8-9 Thrive units played (from hand) got only _three_ units to count.

Savage. There are 3-5 separate threads in the technical section of this forum and nothing is being done. FIX IT, please.

And dear moderators: https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/gwent/pc/contracts-items/issue/752/i-didnt-receive-a-reward
This link up here IS NOT the correct way of reporting this issue! It is used for single instances, and not game-breaking issues that need a PATCH, not 1000 reports.

I am also stuck on the fifth quest too. Playing Scoia’tael. How can be hard to fix that issue? Has been almost 4 days?

I hope this gets fixed ASAP and continuing the challenge for a couple more days would be nice since so many players have this issue. I realize of course it was the weekend but c'mon CDPR, get it fixed.

I just played a match for the 5th stage of the current Leader Challenge (supporting Queen Meve in my case) where it counted ZERO!!! Cards in a game where i boosted the hell out of every possible card! At first i thought it was just the wrong description where it says you need to play Cards that boost other units when in reality it only counts Untis that boost Units. This has been the case with the last Leader Challenge. But now it's completely broken, It doesn't count anything!

Last edited:
Top Bottom