The Witcher 1&2 Remakes?

+

The Witcher 1 & 2 Remakes?

• Yes I would love TW1&2 remastered Edition for PS4 and XboxOne

Votes: 213 47.2%
  • No I don't want this (please specify why)

Votes: 116 25.7%
  • A remake for all platforms.

Votes: 122 27.1%

• Total voters
everyone would appreciate W1 and W2 remade in W3 engine, skill tree, inventory, etc... but kept the same. that in an element would save time. However, I feel most people would agree that energy spent in a new w4 game.... whatever it may be, would be better invested. It's a guaranteed win no matter what is the choice, it's just new will open opportunities to give sapkowski a job to write and will(i believe) give a greater sense of fulfillment to the staff and fans/customers
Post automatically merged:

It would take years to do that.

Nah - a small group of modders did the W1 prologue to W3 on Nexus in the matter of a few months working just in their spare time. A group of actual CDPR employees that had access to far better tools and software could do the full game in a quite reasonable amount of time, IMO. The question is, does CDPR want to.

It depends on how it is difficult to remake a full game with new engine. But it is good idea.
Very. W1 engine is Aurora and W2 is Red engine1.
One would need to start from scratch building it in new engine since the code and scripts are different, lighting and rendering is different; animation tools are different so, one would need to redone animations from scratch.
Extremely long time.
The time in which W4 and new IP could be made in new engine.
I would really like to see story goes forward.

Very. W1 engine is Aurora and W2 is Red engine1.
One would need to start from scratch building it in new engine since the code and scripts are different, lighting and rendering is different; animation tools are different so, one would need to redone animations from scratch.
Extremely long time.
The time in which W4 and new IP could be made in new engine.
I would really like to see story goes forward.

It would definitely be an undertaking. I think it would be something worth considering in 5-10 years, though. Being able to experience the entire story as a unified experience would be a lovely tribute to the series.

I don't think the animation packages would pose too much of a problem, actually. Honestly, what I would focus most on is the VO delivery, especially for the first game. The quality has noticeably improved over each title. Going back and picking up at least some of the key scenes would probably be necessary. (The old audio placed on the polished, cinematic approach of TW3 might read very awkwardly.)

It would take years to do that. Years in which they could create new W4 and new IP.
Except they couldn't xD They said there won't be Witcher 4, they said we could expect some game from his Universe tho, Idk. A game where u could choose a class and play as some freaking sorceresses, or druids - that would be e p i c, even with subscription every month.

TW1 remake would be amazing, with new mechanics and completely redone while still maintaining its mood. I'd like that.

Mafia 1 was remade into a next-gen modern game, W1 reimagined will be awesome also extended W2 and modernized!.

Wish they would do them all so that they can use newer machines to the full. Like using all the ram and what ever GPU you have installed.

Guest 3573786

The first one I understand, but why on earth would they remake 2??? 2 is one of the last games made with future-proofing and more than holds up today. This reminds of the recently announced Crysis remake. Complete waste of time and resources I'd say

This reminds of the recently announced Crysis remake. Complete waste of time and resources I'd say

I can totally get behind this sentiment. Crysis 1 still looks and plays amazingly well.

I'm looking forward to the Kingdoms of Amalur remaster. (The...Re-Reckoning... :facepalm:...) Despite the silly title, I'm simply praying a mantra:
Please, fix the camera.
Please, fix the camera.
Please, fix the camera.
Please, fix the camera...

The first one I understand, but why on earth would they remake 2??? 2 is one of the last games made with future-proofing and more than holds up today. This reminds of the recently announced Crysis remake. Complete waste of time and resources I'd say
Agreed!
2 is a solid game even for today's standards, but 1 was played by few (at least in my circles) and in my eyes could greatly benefit from an update, especially regarding the gameplay. I loved the story, the setting, but the gameplay was a bit underwhelming.

Hi moderator and fellow Witcher Fans, I'm Jeremiah. I've played Witcher 2, and 3 with all DLC in both, and I'll start by saying thank you guys for such great games. I do also own Witcher 1, and i played it a little, however it is difficult to get immersed into after being used to modern gaming. I'm sure it has a rich story like the other games, but I just can't enjoy it like I can with the other two mostly because of the gameplay mechanics, and partially the old graphics. I know, I know... it's easy to be harsh on a game that wasn't released recently. But that is part of the point I'm getting at.

I want to suggest the idea of re-making Witcher 1 from the ground-up. (Witcher 2 would be cool too, but I won't push my luck.) If the story could be retold in a game with more advanced graphics, and a Geralt who looks like Geralt from Witcher 2/3, it would give people a more thorough backstory on how the Witcher got to where he is in the other games.

Obviously I'm not the first person to think of this, but I wanted to say it anyway. Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

@jeremiahj17
Hi!
I agree with a remake, but disagree with the change of Geralt. Neither is reality. I think TW1 needs an other decade to age for a remake, but it's doubtful that will happend. Because of fight mechanics and other little things it can't estabilish a massive fan base as like Daemon Souls and the first Dark Souls. I would be the happiest if it could!
I made a few mods for TW1 especially for TW3 fans, maybe those mods could bring back a few fellow to this old gem! Here is TW3 Geralt. Try them and play through the whole game!

I just beat witcher 1 on PC. Should I play Witcher 2 and 3 before going back to explore Witcher 1's alternate campaigns (different characters, etc)?

No way, let them stay in the past. They're still decent to play through now, especially witcher 2, and I'd much rather CDProjeckt focus on new stuff.

Top Bottom