GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Are there any plans for a spectator mode, being able to more or less carefully observe the take of other players on certain decks and how they play them out ?
The best way to improve is always to learn from others, given that one already has one's own skills.
And beyond that there are time windows one does not have enough time for 1 game, depending on how long the opponent takes to make a single move, in which one could enjoy a game regardless.

Now, because of the upcoming expansion. It's unfortunate you've missed the platform transfer, though. This is a common problem with limited events. The same thing has happened to players who weren't there when the ability to craft premiums with scraps was removed.
Ah...I'm struggling to craft the basic 'Silvers' and Golds, so it's gonna be a long while before I can craft the Crimson ones. I'm saving my faction kegs for it though, thanks to your advice.
Yeah, I missed that by less than an hour. I can't believe the way CDPR handled these. These should've been based on when the player logged into their GOG Gwent for the first time. I specially feel sorry for those who simply weren't eligible for the transfer because they played the GOG version with the same email account, just to try it out.

Hello Pawel,

With the 5th quest of the leader challenge not "thriving" properly (I got 26/80 Thrives, somehow after 1/80 fixed, many others stuck at 1/140 or something), will the challenge also be extended a few days? Because I'm sure many were counting on the weekend to do it. And I don't suppose this can be retroactively filled in like the contracts that weren't working, right?

Regards

Hello Pawel,

Since the card reveals started off with a bang by showing all sorts of "interesting" ladies, I can't help but ask - are succubi or even the young version of the Crones planned? For this expansion or for later on.

Thanks

Two questions about latest two streams:

1. Vitality vs Bleeding. What happens if some unit has got Vitality 2 and Bleeding 3 at the same time?
a) Do these two statuses cancel each other for the first two turns (no visible results) and then Bleeding 1 happens on third turn?
b) Bleeding 1 happens on the current turn and this action ends both statuses?

2. What's the approximate date of Gwent library's release on CDPR's website? I would like to have just option to save / archive my decks. Can we expect such basic functionality in March or this release is still months away from today?

Try gwentup.com for deck building

You obtained rewards from the nodes, didn't you?

I think he asks if next year, or when the bear season returns, he should start at 0 or he will have the previously purchased nodes. I imagine that logically it must start from 0. Otherwise, those who bought all the nodes would not have how to obtain resources with the nodes.

Dear @Burza46 , I had asked these questions in "Ask a Dev" along with four other questions which are not valid anymore. I think you might have *not* answered it because most of the questions would anyhow be answered. So, I am repeating the two questions which I think are valid. Please be kind enough to answer these questions.

1) Can we destroy a unit-with-shield using Geralt or Leo or Eyck if they are above 8 power - on deploy?
2) If someone has a full collection now, will the Base Keg ever be useful? We got to know that Premium Kegs will not give cards from the expansion, kind of indicating that even Base Kegs will not give cards from expansions. Can you please confirm?

Thanks and Have a Great day!

I think You misunderstood @Burza46 . I think he mean that design a competitive card is much more work than design a meme card. It doesn't mean that work have not to be pleasure. But for sure it's less fun than design meme card.

Hello, I would like to ask how the "Top card of your deck" mechanic works? If I play Calveit let's say, I want to know , when looking at my deck, which cards are on top? Is it Bottom right, bottom left, or top etc?

Hello, I would like to ask how the "Top card of your deck" mechanic works? If I play Calveit let's say, I want to know , when looking at my deck, which cards are on top? Is it Bottom right, bottom left, or top etc?

This is really not ask a dev question, so I will do you the favor of answering. When looking at your deck, the cards are in random order. I can't remember whether they are displayed by descending power or something alike, but nevertheless by looking at your deck you can't know in which order the cards are in your deck.

This is really not ask a dev question, so I will do you the favor of answering. When looking at your deck, the cards are in random order. I can't remember whether they are displayed by descending power or something alike, but nevertheless by looking at your deck you can't know in which order the cards are in your deck.

Actually, if you use Calveit or Traheaern, when looking at the 3 top cards from the deck the left card is the top card, the middle card is 2nd, and the right card is the 3rd. You can use this advantage to know when to use Cantarella and Viper Witchers or to simply have an idea what your opponent will draw the next round.

@RobPreston

Hybridizati0nn and BrokeCiri have explained how it works.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because it's a gameplay question, rather than a question for the devs)

Hello Burza, I would have a question regarding kegs and the new expansion. Let's say I buy or win some kegs prior to the expansion coming out. If I open them after the expansion is live, will I get the new cards in them as well or will they contain only cards from the standard homecoming version? Thank you.

Expansion cards will have their own kegs (As far as I know)

Hey Burza! :) I have been playing Gwent since the closed beta and to this day I am enjoying every single aspect of the game. But I have some nitpicking with the look of the game. I don't really think the 3d leaders suit the board. If there was maybe an option to change the leaders to their card form on the board because the card art is so beautiful. Maybe do it like it is here in this reddit post demonastrated -> 2d Leaders And to the boards skins they are beautiful! Really nice to look at! But some of them make the card arts look dark. And it's such a shame for the cards to be so dark... So maybe if you guys made the boards more brighter, then the Mahakam and Aedirn board skin could see more play. I think that is all for now. I wish you guys much luck with game in the future I want it to flourish and improve so dont take my comments negatively more as a incentive for a better greater future for Gwent! :howdy:

Top Bottom