Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's purely marketing. Why pay a lot of money for someone who is hidden in the game?

Those games are dead now, but the presence of VIP helped their sales at day 1 and increased interest.
Charles Dance voiced the Emperor in TW3, and that worked really well not only promotionally but as high quality voice acting. Of course we don't know if the rumor about GaGa is true or not, but if it were, I would be highly surprised if they did something just for PR reasons.

Do NOT take it as news, but just a small rumor I'm starting.
I've personally heard from gaming journalists that they already know "a couple of things" about CP2077 that haven't been announced yet. I don't know what, don't even know if something really interesting or just superflous things (most likely), but MAYBE we'll know something soon as well, before E3? (my personal opinion)

Don't spread this rumor because I don't have any proof or link or anything, I just wanted to share this possible info/little hope with the biggest fans of the game.

You don't believe me? Better this way, I don't want to deceive anyone!

Do NOT take it as news, but just a small rumor I'm starting.
I've personally heard from gaming journalists that they already know "a couple of things" about CP2077 that haven't been announced yet. I don't know what, don't even know if something really interesting or just superflous things (most likely), but MAYBE we'll know something soon as well, before E3? (my personal opinion)

Don't spread this rumor because I don't have any proof or link or anything, I just wanted to share this possible info/little hope with the biggest fans of the game.

You don't believe me? Better this way, I don't want to deceive anyone!
I think hearing something before E3 is pretty likely. It's not exactly uncommon, especially if a game has already been revealed (CDPR already did its big "HEY GUYS WE'RE ALIVE" thing last year). No real reason for radio silence moving forward.

Good that you made it clear that its a rumor, though. Sard gets pretty feisty about unconfirmed stuff.

Good that you made it clear that its a rumor, though. Sard gets pretty feisty about unconfirmed stuff.
I wasn't scared about mods, but about people taking it as a real news, which is not. Journalists know something, no idea about what they know and they're not gonna tell us until CDPR says so. :sad:

My 2 cents go for a closed-doors event where journalists will see the game again and now they know only the date or maybe a new trailer. But sincerely I have absolutely no idea. :shrug:

I wasn't scared about mods, but about people taking it as a real news, which is not. Journalists know something, no idea about what they know and they're not gonna tell us until CDPR says so. :sad:

My 2 cents go for a closed-doors event where journalists will see the game again and now they know only the date or maybe a new trailer. But sincerely I have absolutely no idea. :shrug:

I don't think a closed-doors event is all that likely again, the reception to the trailer has been overwhelmingly positive so I think they'll do something public. How much, I dunno...

As for what journalists know, yeah, definitely tough to say. If they care about their jobs and credibility, they will keep their mouth shut if they've had an explicit agreement to do so (not a legally binding one, necessarily).

I'm thinking a public demo, but not public hands-on, at E3. Behind closed doors, press will get to play it. At Gamescom, public will get to play it.

Could be totally wrong, though. All of what I just said is hinging on them not releasing the game in 2020, which would be a 2-year-long marketing campaign, and instead in Q4 2019.

Could be totally wrong, though. All of what I just said is hinging on them not releasing the game in 2020, which would be a 2-year-long marketing campaign, and instead in Q4 2019.

Not really a marketing campaign right now. Near total shutdown in fact. One E3 trailer and a by-truly-extraordinarily-high-demand an unplanned release of a press-only gameplay demo.

When the marketing starts, we'll know. Hoo boy.

Not really a marketing campaign right now. Near total shutdown in fact. One E3 trailer and a by-truly-extraordinarily-high-demand an unplanned release of a press-only gameplay demo.

That's fair enough, and going based off of experience with other companies, it's probably accurate. I remember how hyped I was during Skyrim's 11-month marketing period, and you definitely knew that's what it was - there were constant interviews, gameplay demos, hands-on stuff for fans, etc...

So here's what we know or can assume:
  • The marketing campaign hasn't started yet (assumption, but a fair one).
  • It won't be a "blitz" campaign; I.E. not 5/6 months.
  • They'll be at this year's E3, and apparently also Gamescom?
With all of the data, I'm adjusting my guess. I'm going to go with a Q2 2020 release, as that still gives them 12mo to market and finish the game, and it lets them kick things off at this year's E3.

Of course, even that could be wrong, and maybe the game will release in 2021 (or 2077). Or maybe it will release even sooner. I dunno. But this seems more realistic.

I think I had a bet going with @Suhiira some time ago regarding release dates, but I can't remember. Do I owe you or do you owe me if the game comes out in 2020?

This isn't a secret - you can visit their Capital Group page and see it for yourself. They've already confirmed that the data is still accurate, and now -- for something I read but can't remember where -- they've also apparently said that it will be announced before 2077 releases.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not saying Lilayah shouldn't still come and confirm/deny anyway. I'd also like to see that. :)

I had no idea it had been confirmed already, I thought the second AAA game was delayed, a lot.

Now I wonder how much "AAA" that is, but I don't even dare to ask. Its existence and plan to release it by 2021 would be enough.

P.S. is it confirmed to be a new IP as well?

I had no idea it had been confirmed already, I thought the second AAA game was delayed, a lot.

Now I wonder how much "AAA" that is, but I don't even dare to ask. Its existence and plan to release it by 2021 would be enough.

P.S. is it confirmed to be a new IP as well?
Not confirmed to be a new IP. In fact, when asked about it in the past, I think the CEO (or PR guy - forget which, but he's the guy who does most of the talking during investor meetings) said something akin to (paraphrasing) "We have two IPs: The Witcher and Cyberpunk, and that's all I'm saying about that." That doesn't mean it won't be a new IP, for all we know something was lost in translation or maybe he meant it differently.

I'm also not sure what its scope will be.

If it's intended to be a bigg'un, my best guess is that one of their other studios in that other place (I forgot the city name, I'm afraid, but I think it was in Poland) has been working on some other project that we aren't aware of. But that's just a guess.

If it's a smaller project, 2 years may be enough time to get 'er done. Or heck, maybe it'll be something like Cyberpunk Online. In that case, much of the heavy lifting would already be done in terms of assets/world building/etc.

(or PR guy - forget which, but he's the guy who does most of the talking during investor meetings) said something akin to (paraphrasing) "We have two IPs: The Witcher and Cyberpunk, and that's all I'm saying about that." That doesn't mean it won't be a new IP, for all we know something was lost in translation or maybe he meant it differently.

Yeah, Adam Kicinski, one of my Upper Masters.

Talked about here, from the Pareto conference last year. In English.

Nothing new but - https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/24/cyberpunk-2077-quests-complexity/

Over on Reddit, Weber shed more light on the comments he made to GameStar.

“As a quest designer, I now have to consider the different new opportunities we offer (like using Netrunning Skills, etc.) and how using those often gives you more (as an example, 3 to 5 in some cases) ways how to solve a quest or challenges within a quest,” he wrote. “This naturally makes quest designs more complex in some areas, but it’s honestly great fun to do.”

It also references a video interview here - https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyb...-so-komplex-wie-in-the-witcher-3,3341861.html - that is in german (which I do not speak).

This is actually very significant as it shows their commitment to non-linear quest design is being pushed even further. They're already an industry leader on this front and it'd be easy for them to rest on their laurels. So yeah, very good news.

This is actually very significant as it shows their commitment to non-linear quest design is being pushed even further. They're already an industry leader on this front and it'd be easy for them to rest on their laurels. So yeah, very good news.
I don't know if I'd call them an industry leader, but it depends on what you mean by non linear quest design.

The Witcher 3 was hardly an immersive sim, for example. There were different quest outcomes and pathways through quests, but the vast majority of the time it was purely based on what choices you made in dialogue, not how you moved through the environments or accomplished different tasks.

I don't know if I'd call them an industry leader, but it depends on what you mean by non linear quest design.

The Witcher 3 was hardly an immersive sim, for example. There were different quest outcomes and pathways through quests, but the vast majority of the time it was purely based on what choices you made in dialogue, not how you moved through the environments or accomplished different tasks.
Fair point. I'm speaking about narrative choice. With regard to the immersive sim angle, TW3 is very linear. The hope is that they can embrace both in CP. They actually did experiment with this in TW2, but dropped it in TW3.

Be still, my heart.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/e3-2019

"CD Projekt Red agrees that E3 is a good place to announce release dates"

JUST TO NOTE: This does NOT mean they WILL absolutely announce a release date at E3. It doesn't even mean there's a 70% chance.

It's just fun timing, is all, and gets me even more excited for this year's E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom