Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
A real thing! Sild started the first thread, but I thought we ought to have a couple posts with space for All We Know about Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2!

https://www.bloodlines2.com/

Gave rise to this meme-before-memes-were-a-thing-meme:

1. When Is It Out? - 2020! My GoG Order says March 31 - give that what credence you will.

>>> 1a. For.... - Windows PC, PS4, Xbox one.

>>> 1b Where can I buy it? - GoG! ( I already have my copy! I am weak.) Paradox Store! Steam! Epic! Playstation Store! Xbox Store!

2. Why are you so EXCITED?

3. What kind of a game will it be? - A mostly FPP, occasionally TPP RPG.

4. What's the plot? - "Enter the night as one of several humans inexplicably attacked in a Mass Embrace, suddenly thrown into the dangerous and ruthless vampire politics of Seattle. "

5. Who is behind this? - Paradox Games owns the license and Hardsuit Labs is making the game. Brian Mitsoda, one of the original writers and Cara Ellison, a narrative consultant for Dishonored 2 and writer of many articles in PC Gamer and RPS among others.

6. What can I do? - Lots of cool stuff! Turn to fog, telekinesis, control animals are just some of the first ones we've seen.

7. Where is it set? - Seattle.

8.. What's all this from? - the World of Darkness. A fully-realised Tabletop Role-Playing Game world. There is a LOT of info out there.

9. Worked on since when? - Pitched in 2015, work started immediately after.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay:

1. FPP with TPP bits. "Though most of the game takes place in the first person, the camera briefly zips to third-person for particularly fast and elaborate maneuvers, like vaulting over an enemy and delivering a blow to their side. "

-Guns are temporary - you grab and use them until empty, then discard.

2. Powers? The above mentioned Telekinesis, Turn to mist, control of bats and some limited gliding. " abilities, such as clinging to walls and enhanced night vision. "

-Nebulation tree: turn into mist
-Chiropteran tree: levitation
-Mentalism tree: telekinesis.

Blood? Oh yes. "Blood has flavors depending on the emotion of the victim. They might feel rage, joy, delirium, or some other sensation, and by tapping into their veins, we get a bit of that emotion, getting a passive buff. "

3. Clans? Unknown. More added after launch though: "The one thing we can say, we will have a good amount of clans in the main game that are really interesting, but we'll support it with more clans after launch," said Christian Schlütter, lead producer at Paradox. "And one thing that you need to write down is that every clan that we release later on will be free. We will never charge you for any clan."

4. Character creation? A thing and very relevant to the game: ""For example, in your character creation, you can choose what you were in life," he said. "You can say that you were a cop, or a coroner, and so when you go into a police station that's gonna have a different feel than if you were not a cop. " "Maybe some of your human problems would just follow you around. "

5. Feel like Bloodlines? "Just like in Bloodlines 1, you'll be able to freely explore various open hubs and far away locations while tackling missions with other key-characters. " "Just like in the original game, the sequel also leans heavy on socializing. You're often pushed into high-pressure situations with humans and vampires alike, where you'll need to make a choice that could compromise relationships. "

>>> 5a. Brian Mitsoda says, ""A big part of what we wanted to do with Bloodlines 2 is to make sure that people who are fans of the first one will immediately feel like, "This is Bloodlines. This feels like Bloodlines." "

-Humanity is in the game. "The only issue is that if you give in to your newfound bestial vampiric nature and feed too deeply, killing your victim (as opposed, I guess, to simply scarring them for life), you lose a part of your Humanity. "

-Powers like Mentalism and Nebulation don't match Bloodlines powers or Vampire: Masquerade power names.

6. Non-combat gameplay? Yes! "Bloodlines 2 carries over the complexity of the original game, allowing you to overcome obstacles and events in different ways by using your vampiric skills or social charms--like seduction, for instance. "

7. Dialogue? "Fans might notice that while NPCs are fully voiced, the character chooses their own dialogue from a non-voiced list of options, just like they used to."

Technical:

1. There will be mods. Because they are supported!

2. And ray-tracing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some articles so far:

Polygon, good overview: https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/21/1...squerade-bloodlines-2-trailer-pc-ps4-xbox-one

PC Gamer some interesting details: https://www.pcgamer.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-preview/

Gamespot, nicely in-depth: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-brings-the-cul/1100-6465762/

IGN details about the combat: https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/03/22/vampire-bloodlines-2-demo-preview-reveal

PC World has some details on how the game starts - a nice callback to BL 1. https://www.pcworld.com/article/337...uerade-bloodlines-2-is-finally-happening.html

Kotaku: Power names, combat https://kotaku.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-is-getting-a-sequel-1833479366

Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidt...ngle-player-vampire-rpg-we-need/#588411161e0f

Gameplay interview, Gamerhub TV:

Venturebeat, talking to Mitsoda and HSL and PDX all at once: https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/26/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii-interview-brian-mitsoda/amp/

Last edited:
Paradox are generally Linux friendly, but this is developed by Hardsuit Labs studio, which I'm not familiar with, so hard to say if they have Linux experience. Hopefully they'll make one for Linux too.

GOG release is great of course.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Hopefully we'll get some actual gameplay this E3!

Also i wonder how exactly will PDX give players more clans after release. How will adding more clans to the game work if at the start you can't pick one and only later you kinda choose who to align. If they add more clans later, how will those clans be represented in the initial relase,how they will integrate the different clans to the story and if they're not, then how will they release clans without a whole chunk of other content which can't really be free. I reaaaaly hope they don't thin and stretch this game to make it endless dlc compatible.

Expansions à la Blood and Wine are, of course, awesome if they plan on doing them.

Also, do we know what engine the game will be running on? I'm assuming Unreal Engine 4?

Last edited:
I‘m not easily hyped, especially not that long before the release, but I‘ll definitely keep an eye on it. So far it looks pretty good.

This is excellent news. Paradox has been cranking out awesome strategy games for years, plus most people I know who have played it really liked Pillars. Glad to see them getting into the Action/RPG field.

Last edited:
Good stuff.

Bloodline series ring a bell to me but I cant remember if Ive played. Man, these darker IPs are hard to get through, maybe CDPR could lend Gaga....

Everyone in our studio is very excited about this today. The original Bloodlines is the favorite game of many people here. Can't wait to see more! :)

Looks like this could just give a certain highly anticipated RPG a good run for its money :D

I have to be honest: I wish they'd gone with a more established studio. In the Q&A they said they started as a team of 15 people, but never stated if they grew beyond that. Also, I'm not gonna bring up the dev's poltics here cause rules, but I'm not reassured by what I've heard. In- game political machinations pertinent to the setting are great (TW2). Virtue signaling and channeling current day political trends...not so great.

I have to be honest: I wish they'd gone with a more established studio. In the Q&A they said they started as a team of 15 people, but never stated if they grew beyond that. Also, I'm not gonna bring up the dev's poltics here cause rules, but I'm not reassured by what I've heard. In- game political machinations pertinent to the setting are great (TW2). Virtue signaling and channeling current day political trends...not so great.

Sorry but the fact they are only 15 people has nothing to do with the fact it's gonna be a good game or not. Darkest Dungeon was made only by 4 people. And it's a bloody good game. Some players should stop thinking AAA games need to have 300 staff to be successful.

A lot of juicy stuff here.. Factions and all the little things that expand from the first title. They also told they wanted a less linear narrative and there will be way lot more dialogues than the original i have good feelings about this game.

A lot of juicy stuff here.. Factions and all the little things that expand from the first title. They also told they wanted a less linear narrative and there will be way lot more dialogues than the original i have good feelings about this game.

Same.

If there's one thing in particular I'd like clarifying is whether it's going to be a Sigle player RPG or will online somehow factor in it.

Of all the things they said about it, this is one of the things they haven't really committed on.

Top Bottom