Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+
I see you already shared some of them, but still - here is the last batch of cards from yesterday! :)

Fangs of the Empire
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0095_NEU-Fangs_of_the_Empire.png

Tempest
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0092_NEU-Tempest.png

Cutthroat
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0093_NEU-Cutthroat.png

Artorius Vigo
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_0096_NIL-Artorius_Vigo.png

Vigo=> Dutchess informant. Is it a bad deal ? Yes, if the create is random, otherwise mediocore.
Umm, Vigo will propably get the Assimilate up to 3 times and the bronze units vary a lot, up to Griffin being worse than nothing, let us just assume for this reason that the unit is worth 1-2 points.
With that and the fact it will trigger 1-3 assimilate units it will get 2+(1->2)+(1->3)+(1->3) = 5->10 and that is pretty awful for a 9 provision card, which even requires synergies to reach value far below the expected value, up to tolerable value for non-synergy cards.
The calculations behind it just seem off, I do not see how this should have 9 provisions.

Still creating Create cards, eh?

Learned yer lessons in one and a half year I see, eh?

"We heard you discussing the “Create” mechanic. At first, we thought it would be an interesting addition to the game, but — as time passed — we realized that this form of wide RNG is not something that fits our focus on player skill. We will be extra careful with these types of mechanics in the redesign process. That said, if we manage to find some cards interesting enough to include, but ‘too crazy for Ranked’, they will still have their place in Arena and Casual Mode."

Will just put this here.... haha :).

Umm, Vigo will propably get the Assimilate up to 3 times and the bronze units vary a lot, up to Griffin being worse than nothing, let us just assume for this reason that the unit is worth 1-2 points.
With that and the fact it will trigger 1-3 assimilate units it will get 1+(1->2)+(1->3)+(3?) = 6->(9?) and that is pretty awful for a 9 provision card, which even requires synergies to reach value far below the expected value, up to tolerable value for non-synergy cards.
The calculations behind it just seem off, I do not see how this should have 9 provisions.
The way Assimilate is defined, the unit that Vigo creates should count for assimilate too. So Vigo into Duchess Informant should trigger 2 Assimilate stacks. So as long as there are alright targets for Duchess informant, Vigo should already get his own provisions back easiliy.

I would actually prefer if they made crazy RNG cards, rather than those sloppy-puppy they design now, and follow up on Arena-Casual implementation. Or Casual ranked, eh, how about that, Hearthstone-Wild format.

The way Assimilate is defined, the unit that Vigo creates should count for assimilate too. So Vigo into Duchess Informant should trigger 2 Assimilate stacks. So as long as there are alright targets for Duchess informant, Vigo should already get his own provisions back easiliy.

Making a lot of assumptions. 1, you get a duchess informant (remember it is create, so random. If it said spawn and play then you get a choice.) 2, the card is not locked, deathblowed (it is a low point value engine with a potential for spreading bad stuff to adjacent units, and it is a target for Vivienne.) 3, the 1 point card isn't deathblowed (honestly if I am an enemy I am thrilled about 1 point cards in the new archetype.) This is a bad card.

Create is a bad idea. I have never in my life seen a company so determined to undermine itself. It kept changing Gwent and making it less and less what people came over from the Witcher to play. Then midwinter adds tutors, create, silver spy on steroids, and refuses to fix coin flip. I leave for over a year and come back to find they fixed the coin flip (sort of,) but crippled almost all unique mechanics. Reveal, armor, ambush, 3 bronze, etc... I don't know if CC is going to screw things up as badly as midwinter and homecoming, but create as a leader ability is just sad. Assimilate in general focuses on the create tag. Instead of it being about spying and draw decks, now NG is about RNG and mid range neutrals. Oh, and the icing on the cake (which may be filled with a smelly substance,) the one benefit NG leaders had that was unique is now in both ST and NR. No other faction could play 2 cards in one round. Emhyr with his replay (now nerfed,) and calavert with his draw one of 3. NG just lost one of the only advantages it had while adding the weakest leader in the game. But fear not, it works with all 3 unique assimilate cards (and the 2 repeats.) No chance it gets gimpyed or anything.

2 card copy will eventually work, in 1-2 years. When enough cards are added or redesigned to sustain certain achetypes, which is a shame.

Making a lot of assumptions. 1, you get a duchess informant (remember it is create, so random. If it said spawn and play then you get a choice.)
The point is you actually have a choice if you design your deck in the right way. Just make sure that you have at maximum 2 different bronze units in your deck that won't work with Arturius Vigo. Then there isn't anything bad that can happen. He is as random as old Barclay Els was random.
And in the same way Anna Henrietta isn't random either, but one of the best designed leaders in the entire game in my opinion. And probably one of the strongest too if played correctly.

And Assimilate is probably the first archetype I'm going to test today.

rrc

Forum veteran
Yeah, let's hope Detlaff won't be a creative lad.
Detlaff is a MO leader. He will be the strongest of them all. It tickles me that someone can think that MO will get a bad/create leader after seeing HC for this long.

The point is you actually have a choice if you design your deck in the right way. Just make sure that you have at maximum 2 different bronze units in your deck that won't work with Arturius Vigo. Then there isn't anything bad that can happen. He is as random as old Barclay Els was random.
And in the same way Anna Henrietta isn't random either, but one of the best designed leaders in the entire game in my opinion. And probably one of the strongest too if played correctly.

And Assimilate is probably the first archetype I'm going to test today.

Let's be clear.

1. Assimilate has literally 5 cards. 2 diviners, 2 ducal guards, and 1 gold Vigo. It functions like Harmony and thrive, but with only 5 options on a 25 card deck.

2. You will succeed more in the first few days using her then you will in the next few months. The reason is simple, people won't figure out the right pace to use against her and will keep a card in hand that you can use. That will change as people get used to CC and then you will get your real results.
3. I'm glad you enjoy create, because you are going to be playing a lot of it.

I don't know who Detlaff is, but I'm starting to think Dettlaff will be revealed at the same time as the expansion goes live. He cast the curse, so it would make sense.

I don't know who Detlaff is, but I'm starting to think Dettlaff will be revealed at the same time as the expansion goes live. He cast the curse, so it would make sense.

He was a major character in Witcher 3 expansion blood and wine. I don't want to post spoilers, but if you want more detail I can private message you or you can Google him. Be warned, it has massive spoilers for the plot of blood and wine. Also in case I misunderstood your comment, he is the new MO leader and model for crimson curse card.

With Hen Gaidth sword, you can play an extra Duchess' Informant. Better that than trying your luck with Mr Vigo if you ask me. You can even play an extra Cantarella. This combo is gonna be nice with nilfgaard spies.

Top Bottom