Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
Here's something to chew on:

D28L0GeWwAELOa1.pngD28L3V7WoAEuFQO.jpg

Apparently the guy on the BL 2 poster could very well be Anson, an 8th genereation Toreador, Camarilla Prince of Seattle (notice the rose on the poster dude's chest and on the left of the card) very much a "mad Prince".

Probably also means Toreador will be an option from the start. As someone who had been looking forward to a Toreador Camarilla first play-through things just got a lot more interesting :D. If it turns out to be true.

Good for you :D now where is some crazy and kinky Malkavian female?

If i had to guess, they're probably going to be there at launch. So far those pins i posted a while back are the closest thing we got to available playable clans and both Makavian an Toreador were among them.

Acording to the Bloodlines 2 main site, there will be 6 clans at the beginning (5 and 1 "bonus" whatever that means). And on the pins there were 6 clans. But all of this is just speculation on my part.

This is disappointing for me.
If this game were produced by the CD Projekt team it would be an incredible and long game :cry:
30 hours is only the main quest in TW3

I'm not disapointed at all, I have yet to start another playthough on Witcher 3 despite how good it is, while I have had a few games now on Bloodlines thanks to it's shorter nature. I'm pretty pleased the sequal is following the same vein

Last edited:
I'm not disapointed at all, I have yet to start another playthough on Witcher 3 despite how good it is, while I have had a few games now on Bloodlines thanks to it's shorter nature. I'm pretty pleased the sequal is following the same vein

30 hours, it's what you get in Blood and Wine, a DLC. It's a bit disappointing to me.

30 hours can refer to main quest, not all quests. And it's not short really. TW3 is just very long ;) Long games cost a lot more to make as well.

Fair enough. But it should be seen in the price tag then. Because if some games, which are 100+ hours of gameplay, are sold 60$, then a 30 hours game shouldn't. I would rather pay 45$ for such a game.

30 hours, it's what you get in Blood and Wine, a DLC. It's a bit disappointing to me.

That's a poor comparison to make since there are many games which are far longer than that which are terrible and dull, and other games much shorter but are far more fulfilling.

Anyway getting away from that topic. I'm hoping that (assuming that the game is good) the project is successful enoughlet them make more games from other parts of this liscence. Maybe a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game or Demon: The Fallen?

Could be fun

25-30 hours is a short game? lol

Maybe it's short for people who spend 1000s of hours in online service games, but in the end it all depends on what's in the game. The pace, the content. If a game is action packed and fast, 25 hours can feel like eternity. A game like that can drag a lot. If it's a slow game, then even 100 hours can be not enough. Don't go crazy over numbers, it's not indicative of anything.

Last edited:
Fair enough. But it should be seen in the price tag then. Because if some games, which are 100+ hours of gameplay, are sold 60$, then a 30 hours game shouldn't. I would rather pay 45$ for such a game.

I agree about price. Something like TW3 should be expected to cost more than shorter games simply because it costs a lot more to make. But it also depends on other factors (replayability and so on).

Last edited:

Yea, i never understood this kind of hour equal dollar mentality. They're very different games. To make something like Bloodlines 1 (have you played it btw?) you have to keep things contained, even hub based. Small as a pudle, deep as an ocean type of approach to design, central to games that fit in some way shape or form to the immersive sim genre (Deus Ex HR/MD, Thief, Dishonored, Prey, even Bloodlines 1 which was more RPG than Im. Sims but borrowed heavily from them)

Last edited:
Yea, i never understood this kind of hour equal dollar mentality. They're very different games. To make something like Bloodlines 1 (have you played it btw?) you have to keep things contained, even hub based. Small as a pudle, deep as an ocean type of approach to design, central to games that fit in some way shape or form to the immersive sim genre (Deus Ex HR/MD, Thief, Dishonored, Prey, even Bloodlines 2 which was more RPG than Im. Sims but borrowed heavily from them)

I fully agree with this. I guarantee I have played more Dark Souls which is quite a short game than any number of 100 hour Assassins Creed game.

About the price. In my region it's being pre-sold about 25 cheaper than a regular new AAA title.

I fully agree with this. I guarantee I have played more Dark Souls which is quite a short game than any number of 100 hour Assassins Creed game.

I like both kinds really, well "both" is an understatement, cause there are many kinds of games I enjoy, including strategy games I end up playing for hundreds of hours. But that doesn't reflect a games quality as you pointed out.

Anyway getting away from that topic. I'm hoping that (assuming that the game is good) the project is successful enoughlet them make more games from other parts of this liscence. Maybe a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game or Demon: The Fallen?

There's already a Warewolf: The Apocalypse game in the works, expected to release sometime in 2020 as well. It's been kinda under the radar ever since it's announcement a few years ago though.

Last edited:
I can understand why people equate dollars to hours in terms of value. It's not an unreasonable metric, despite what some may think. The industry brought that mentality on itself - very little is truly random in this world, and that certainly didn't come out of nowhere.

THe industry started making and pushing "huge open world games with hundreds of hours of content," and now -- as a result -- games that don't offer that may have a tougher time if their price points are still $60.

I'm playing devil's advocate, though. My personal belief is that playtime only matters to a point. For example, I would not pay $60 for a 10 hour game without any incentive to replay (Aside from just being fun). I would pay $30 (maybe $40 if it was really exceptional) for that same experience.

I would pay $60 for a 25-hour game with replay incentives (multiple endings, multiple playstyles supported, good opportunity for roleplay, etc.), but I can understand why others would not, or would be disappointed in doing so.

There's a fine line devs need to walk in modern ages if they want to be "AAA." There are limits to what you can get away with and still have your games sell well. That is my belief, anyway.

There's already a Warewolf: The Apocalypse game in the works, expected to release sometime in 2020 as well. It's been kinda under the radar ever since it's announcement a few years ago though.

Looked it up, it's being done by the guys who made that Call of Cthulhu game. I don't have much faith in their abilities unfortunately.

Another hope of mine for Bloodlines 2 I have now decided after a short session is I hope it is less buggy lol.

Last edited:
Something positive for a change...

Mitsoda is absolutely right with this one:

Just like Tim and Leon were about VA'd protagonist in The Outer Worlds.

(The the hint, CDPR, take the hint...)

Cyberpunk and the Bloodlines sequel are two vastly different games with vastly different budgets.

CD Projekt Red should be taking no notes from that particular book, as a fully voiced protagonist is far more immersive than one who is not. In a modern game it can be quite jarring when every character is voiced except the protagonist.

Cost is the primary reason why it sometimes is not done. While a silent protagonist is perhaps understandable when there are budget constraints, there is another price to pay - you sacrifice some of the immersiveness of the story you are trying to tell with your game.

The Outer World and Bloodlines sequels may well turn out to be amazing games, but if so, it will be despite having silent protagonists and not because of them.

Thankfully CD Projekt Red has not decided to go that route with Cyberpunk, nor should they considering the AAA budget they're working with.

Cost is the primary reason why it sometimes is not done. While a silent protagonist is perhaps understandable when there are budget constraints, there is another price to pay - you sacrifice some of the immersiveness of the story you are trying to tell with your game.

Voiced protagonist makes way less sense for customizable characters. They only fit predefined ones well. If anything, voicing a customizable character can backfire, when players won't like particular voice options. No idea how CDPR are addressing this in CP2077, but unless they only have fixed character options there (even several, but fixed), voicing the protagonist can end up being a major problem for them. Budget has nothing to do with this issue per se.

Top Bottom