PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - Characters and Discussion

+
it's been a while since i created my char sheet for jerome, is it good for a tech that focuses on surveillance/B&E - anything along that line, and can also tinker/help a bit with gear appropriation/upgrading?
also its been a very long while since my last and only very limited tabletop go (not a lot of ppl around into that thing sadly) so ill prolly require some hand holding cause im prolly going to derpty derp...

All changes made according to our PM's. Also I am fine with everyone knowing she has the Skinweave. She would much rather it be known that she would be harder to hurt if someone was inclined..Hopefully that will make people think twice before attacking :)

it's been a while since i created my char sheet for jerome, is it good for a tech that focuses on surveillance/B&E - anything along that line, and can also tinker/help a bit with gear appropriation/upgrading?
also its been a very long while since my last and only very limited tabletop go (not a lot of ppl around into that thing sadly) so ill prolly require some hand holding cause im prolly going to derpty derp...
Really depends on what type of Tech you want to be.

Mechanical?
Electronics?
Cybernetics?
Ground Vehicles?
Aircraft/Helos/AVs?
Gunsmith?
Burglar?

While there's, of course, some overlap each field is a specialty of it's own. Just like "hard" science, a Physicist isn't the same as a Biologist.

All changes made according to our PM's. Also I am fine with everyone knowing she has the Skinweave. She would much rather it be known that she would be harder to hurt if someone was inclined..Hopefully that will make people think twice before attacking :)
I want to clarify, that PDA IS NOT a straight +2 INT, I don't care what the catalog said.
Now with regard to "memory" aspect of intelligence, sure. You have it logged in your PDA after all!

Also Skinweave is not a + to "Wardrobe & Style", It's a + to armor. And at lev 3 a border-line - to ATTR.

Last edited:
jerome is something along the lines of someone that handles B/E & securities/surveillance/traps/alarms - he has a history of being in swat like teams in the core, so would i need to do a bit of skill rearrangement for that?
also could i get my hands over a mechanical lockpick gun for jerome, since its something that he'd prolly have in his gear for what he does?
made a tiny adjust to char sheet.

Last edited:
To correct a few things.

Stats:
7 Int
7 (8-1) Ref
4 Tech
4 Cool
4 Attr
3 Luck
8 (6+2) MA
6 (5+1) Body
5 (7-2) EMP

Career Skills:
7 Combat Sense
4 Awareness/Notice
0 Brawling
0+2 Xing-Chiao (3)
1 Null Boxing
0 Melee/Fencing (.5)
0 Weapons Tech
0 Rifle (.5)
2 Athletics (2)
4 Handgun/SMG (.5)
3 Stealth

Pickup Skills:
2 Streetwise
2 Education & General knowledge(3)
2 Dodge/Escape
3 Hide/Evade
0 Human Perception
2 Motorcycle (.5)

1 Pick Lock
8 Know Language (American)
3 Know Language (Chinese) [Chipped]
2 Know Language (Spanish) [Chipped]
3 Expert: Ornithology [Chipped]
3 Rifle (.5) [Chipped]
2 Cybertech (2) [Chipped]

It makes sense to still have Dodge as a skill Talon has, so instead of 3 in Lock picking, I've split that 3 between dodge and lock picking.

I'm then going to spend 30 IP (10+20) on lock picking to raise it to 3, and 20 IP on Dodge to raise it to 3 as well. After noting the issues that the group had with picking locks during the infiltration, Rodik decided to devote some time to improving his skills in a trade he had already shown interest in- this of course taking place between his general martial arts training, revelry, and recovering from so severely taxing his reflex booster.

Note: I know I could more efficiently spend IP by keeping my 3 in lockpicking and then spending 40 IP to get 3 ranks in dodge, but that doesn't reflect that these are stats I should have had that are then improved upon. I also note that we apparently will be picking up more characters that are good at B&E so those points in lockpicking may be redundant, but it makes sense to me based on the last task.

So final pickup skill list is:

Pickup Skills:
2 Streetwise
3 Dodge/Escape
3 Hide/Evade
0 Human Perception
2 Motorcycle (.5)

3 Pick Lock
3 Rifle (.5) [Chipped]

Look good?

To correct a few things.

It makes sense to still have Dodge as a skill Talon has, so instead of 3 in Lock picking, I've split that 3 between dodge and lock picking.

I'm then going to spend 30 IP (10+20) on lock picking to raise it to 3, and 20 IP on Dodge to raise it to 3 as well. After noting the issues that the group had with picking locks during the infiltration, Rodik decided to devote some time to improving his skills in a trade he had already shown interest in- this of course taking place between his general martial arts training, revelry, and recovering from so severely taxing his reflex booster.

Note: I know I could more efficiently spend IP by keeping my 3 in lockpicking and then spending 40 IP to get 3 ranks in dodge, but that doesn't reflect that these are stats I should have had that are then improved upon. I also note that we apparently will be picking up more characters that are good at B&E so those points in lockpicking may be redundant, but it makes sense to me based on the last task.

So final pickup skill list is:

Pickup Skills:
2 Streetwise
3 Dodge/Escape
3 Hide/Evade
0 Human Perception
2 Motorcycle (.5)

3 Pick Lock
3 Rifle (.5) [Chipped]

Look good?
Works for me.

Guess I missed it earlier ... 8 in American English? I didn't realize Talon was an Ivy League university professor! The average person is 6, Gremlin is a solid 5, but that's because he has very little formal education. If English was his second language he'd have an accent.

You get "8 American" as a freebie language skill (Yes, American is NOT 'English', some may claim "Californian' is not "American' :p)

I'll assume that was a transcription oversight at the time, but yeah thats fine. Its just his primary language, he hasnt had any special study in it. :p I'll adjust my last post and my personal character sheet to reflect this.

Really depends on what type of Tech you want to be.

Mechanical?
Electronics?
Cybernetics?
Ground Vehicles?
Aircraft/Helos/AVs?
Gunsmith?
Burglar?

While there's, of course, some overlap each field is a specialty of it's own. Just like "hard" science, a Physicist isn't the same as a Biologist.

basically jerome is a bit like the D&D rogue... getting in and out of places solo or with party to remove/handle alarms/traps/surveillance/doors/etc , maybe even provide a bit of help to a tech of another field where applicable

I'll assume that was a transcription oversight at the time, but yeah thats fine. Its just his primary language, he hasnt had any special study in it. :p I'll adjust my last post and my personal character sheet to reflect this.
My apologies.

I'd decided linguistics skills and education needed to be linked. So less educated people got less languages skill and more educated got a more.

Basically I had a brain fart.

basically jerome is a bit like the D&D rogue... getting in and out of places solo or with party to remove/handle alarms/traps/surveillance/doors/etc , maybe even provide a bit of help to a tech of another field where applicable
Feel free to try to keep them all about even then, and good luck with that!

In the long run it could be damn useful to be a generalist, but chances are he'll never be "top tier" at anything.

Feel free to try to keep them all about even then, and good luck with that!

In the long run it could be damn useful to be a generalist, but chances are he'll never be "top tier" at anything.

that could be a positive or a negative thing, just trying to give the character an area of focus - though its prolly a wider area then it should be(?)

while we are at it, a question: awareness/notice contributes to my character being more easily able to see that trap/alarm/hiddenCam right?

while we are at it, a question: awareness/notice contributes to my character being more easily able to see that trap/alarm/hiddenCam right?
Yep.

Since you actually have the skill you even get a "free" passive check (which I handle behind the scenes) whenever you pass an alarm or camera. If you actually do an active search you're FAR more likely to spot something, but you have to tell me what you're searching and when.

another question regarding gear, will it be possible for jerome to have (picked up or w/e) the mechanical lockpicker that talon/hernando got since i didnt know something like was possible to be had as gear, its something i imagine jerome would have since it would be useful for him in his line of work (?)

That's a "professional" tool. At you're level of skill you not :eek:

I'm sure Talon, Hernando, or Gremlin will let you borrow theirs during the current job.
Afterwards you can ask Gremlin to get you one of your own.

Shupe want play! Shupe make Shupe!

STATS -

INT: 2
REF: 5
TECH: 1
COOL: 4
ATTR: 1
LUCK: 6
MOV: 2
BODY: 7
EMP: 2

SKILLS FIXER -

Streetdeal: 4
Awareness: 5
Forgery: 0
Handgun: 1
Brawling: 7
Melee: 7
Pick lock: 4
Pick pocket: 1
Intimidate: 5
Persuasion and Fast talk: 6

SKILLS PICKUP

Strength Feat: 2
Dodge & Escape: 1
Endurance: 1
Athletics: 1
Resist Torture/Drugs: 2

GEAR

Big rocks, 3. Rocks less big, 15. Soup. Painty red. Banny-hammer HEHEHEHEHHEHE. Farts. Oops. Hehe. Lots of barrels for smash smash!

DECK

Shupe likes elf cards bestest, but any GWENTY deck Shupe work with.

LIFEPATH

Shupe full conversion trollololo. Older brother has, but no see him soon. Rolled traits for personality: "moody, rash and headstrong." Shupe like! Shupe most admirest Mr. Silverhand. Big boom sounds makes! BOOOOOOOM! Shupe value friendship above all, but not think humes trustworthy. So Shupe rely on Shupe. Shupe prize possession greatest is Shupes Day Off GWENTY card. Shupes 22. Life events -

16 - Make a Friend - met through a common interest - female
17 - Romance - happy love affair
18 - Make an enemy - male - worked for Shupe - they humiliated Shupe - Shupe and man hate each other - Shupe try to avoid them - only themselves, no friends since mean.
19 - Make an enemy - male - government official - Shupe foiled his plans - Man hate shupe - Shupe try to avoid them - man has as friends a small corporation
20 - Nothing happened
21 - Made a friend - like a new big brother to Shupe

Last edited:
With INT 2 Shupe can forget about reading an writing, and I'd suggest a bit more TECH ... unless Shupe has a mechanic in his pocket ... as a Nomad you really need to be able to repair your ride. No ... wait ... Driving: 1? OK, no need for TECH skill to repair a tricycle.

Trollololo? Is that a male Trollop ("Myth Adventures")?

With INT 2 Shupe can forget about reading an writing, and I'd suggest a bit more TECH ... unless Shupe has a mechanic in his pocket ... as a Nomad you really need to be able to repair your ride.
Shupe no need. Rocks has! Maybe Fixer better role for Shupe? Sell Gwenty cards!

Fixer might work ... Shupe will just have to rely on verbal contracts.
Shupe go back and look at career skills.

EDIT: Try now! Fixer seem better. Shupe's friendses no want inky marks anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom