What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked and I confirm that this scene

is censored on pc and xbox as well. If you want to remove the lens flare on pc you need to modify the .ini file by yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/app/601150/discussions/0/3398435622562201398/

This one is censored only on ps4:

:shrug:

Umm aren`t they both from DMC5 ? You picked the perfect emoji who knows what they are thinking :shrug:

Game developers and industry this days, omg we need to protect children/people from tits and pussy, but let them kill foe on the most brutal way we can think :D

To chop off someone head is totally normal and ok, but to see naked female body omg how can they show that to people.

That's not Developers. That's ratings boards like the ESRB, PEGI and CERO. They determine the descriptors and ratings.

That's not Developers. That's ratings boards like the ESRB, PEGI and CERO. They determine the descriptors and ratings.

Ya those guys don't make a lick of sense. It's like in Witcher 3 - CDPR had to tone down the sex scenes to not show any "pelvic thrusting" in sex scenes, but it's ok to show people being burned alive, have Geralt chop people's heads off, or listen to Triss be tortured having her finger nails pulled out, lol. I mean seriously, those have got to be some of the straight up DUMBEST people on the planet.

Ya those guys don't make a lick of sense. It's like in Witcher 3 - CDPR had to tone down the sex scenes to not show any "pelvic thrusting" in sex scenes, but it's ok to show people being burned alive, have Geralt chop people's heads off, or listen to Triss be tortured having her finger nails pulled out, lol. I mean seriously, those have got to be some of the straight up DUMBEST people on the planet.

Personally, I agree. I've never understood the rationale behind the cultural acceptance of grauitous violence while human sexuality is verboten. I mean the roots of the disaparity seem pretty obvious, but I'm not here to preach my specific worldview on that.

IMHO, as long as violence or sexuality support narative goals they should be treated equally. But I'm not the ERSB, PEGI, CERO or a protective parent with an ideological agenda. Just don't expect an M rated game to be right for all minors.

Personally, I agree. I've never understood the rationale behind the cultural acceptance of grauitous violence while human sexuality is verboten.
In a nutshell Victorian England.

People still butchered their own animals, warfare was up close and personal, highway bandits and pirates fairly commonplace. Sex and most morality was under the churches thumb.

In a nutshell Victorian England.

People still butchered their own animals, warfare was up close and personal, highway bandits and pirates fairly commonplace. Sex and most morality was under the churches thumb.

I might go back farther than that, but overall, yeah... pretty much my take on things as well.

My biggest fear is not being draw into the world. I guess pretty much anything that breaks immersion? I know that's poorly defined. For me I think it comes down to a failure of story telling. Gameplay and cut scenes need to be balanced. Mechanics have to let me master them not constantly get in my way. I have to see emotion in the characters. I have to buy into the story arc. Stuff like that. I'm worried I'll get it and feel lack luster about it and not play it much less finish it like so many other titles in my Xbox and Steam libraries.

My greatest concern is the need to use drastic cybernetic improvements, in particular matis blades.

I really can not imagine a young man who would like to undergo the amputation of both arms to install prostheses in the form of two hidden blades. Is it not enough to have spring knives in the sleeves on the forearm? Do you really need to amputate your arms?

It's just totally unrealistic and it makes me laugh. Immersion went away.

Unfortunately, the demo shows that matis blades are already installed in V. I hope that it will not be obligatory and will be changed. However, if V decides to "improve" it, I hope that it will be properly presented in the game (as in Deux Ex), and that it will not be some from day to day cyberpunk magic.

Also, have any of you undergone an eye surgery? I have gone. I will remember these two hours for the rest of my life. Any attempt to put something in my eye is repulsive to me.

If I can design my character, I do not want any hand or leg prostheses and I want to be able to pass the whole game.

Yeah i fear same thing that you will be force to use to many cyberware, ok that hand jack sure but from demo we see V have some cyberware for double jump, plus cyber eyes, plus mantis blade.

I also don't like that on eye implant's it say need to continu quests, why are you force to do eye implant's if you don't want to?

Pretty sure the Devs said you will have to put in some implants but how many is up to you .

They also said at that time that they don't know if this will change or not.
Personally as I will play full social I won't take any if possible, and even worst one that only helps with weapons.

hello thanks for your thread and mine biggest fear is tone from the initial trailer.and what is your's

Yeah i need to say liked original trailer from 2013, much more than the one from last year.

I have similar feelings.

Technical and scientific progress will surely lead to the creation of perfect hand and leg prostheses for victims of wars and accidents. Subcutaneous chips and USB sockets and less drastic modifications will probably be used. But I do not believe that people would ever want to change their healthy limbs to artificial ones voluntarily.

Of course, there will always be people who, because of their low self-esteem, they will modify their body or make self-injury to stand out in the crowd. Well ... there is no cure for stupidity.

So I repeat, I do not want any artificial limbs for my V.

Because, no one from CDPR has denied my fears, I will put here the words: "microtransaction, microtransaction". Maybe then a comment from CDPR will appear here :)

I am not talking about micro-transactions, but about forced cybernetic modifications.
They have indeed talked about this before, actually. On multiple occasions.

You will be forced to have some cyberware throughout the game, but typically when that occurs you'll be given a choice between a few options.

Trust me, I was disappointed when I heard that, too. I thought the idea of a drug-fueled, but cybernetic-free "purist" would be a fun character to roleplay. However, you can still minimize the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom