Mass Effect 3

+
...the next DA...

I am terrified of this. Dragon Age 1 blew me away. I'll politely not comment on Dragon Age 2. DA: Inquisition was waaay better than I though it was going to be. (It took TW3 to pull me away. :cool:)

I don't think I can handle another ME: Andromeda / Destiny / Anthem scenario with DA4. I may go mini-nova. Jade may fly out of every orifice. At very high velocities. Innocent people in the vicinity may be at risk. I won't be able to take it.

I am terrified of this. Dragon Age 1 blew me away. I'll politely not comment on Dragon Age 2. DA: Inquisition was waaay better than I though it was going to be. (It took TW3 to pull me away. :cool:)

I stopped expecting much from BioWare. In terms of story and characters they seem to have lost their touch. But still, there‘s usually something fun enough to enjoy for me. Interestlingly, I kind of like every Bioware game for very different reasons :D - even DA2, because playing badass Hawk can be pretty awesome. I‘m still sad, BioWare didn‘t have more time to develop it back then. Usually I don‘t like playing games for the action, yet, Anthem turned out to be an exception.

I‘m curious how the next DA is going to be but I‘m not expecting a very good game.

And here I am, unable to start up TW2 on my laptop, crying...

THough I can play ME3 without any problems, tried it and dropped it after 2 hours or less. When I saw that they still don't believe the repaer threat and noone believes Shepherd that they would go so far so you need to do some quests fo rsomeone so he helps you is just baffling to me. I'd say they destroyed the story and gameplay with dumbing down the logic of each race. Just can't force myself to go through it, but ME2 was so awesome...

THough I can play ME3 without any problems, tried it and dropped it after 2 hours or less. When I saw that they still don't believe the repaer threat and noone believes Shepherd that they would go so far so you need to do some quests fo rsomeone so he helps you is just baffling to me.
Huh? In the first 5 minutes of the game everyone believes the Reaper threat, because the Reapers have literally invaded the galaxy. It's like the very first scene in the game.

Yeah, the reaper thread is hard to ignore in ME3. Maybe you just talked to the wrong NPCs.

I’d definitely recommend to continue playing, even though the ending can be infuriating. But the game still has many cool moments,

Huh? In the first 5 minutes of the game everyone believes the Reaper threat, because the Reapers have literally invaded the galaxy. It's like the very first scene in the game.

They invaded the earth, you escape from earth, go to council and noone believes reapers are threat to anything. So you have to go on your own convincing some planets/tribes to help you fight.
At least that's why I gathered from the gameplay, I quit once I got to normandy.

I stil have it installed on laptop and ME 1&2 saves are always with me but still, this thrid part just seems like a bad game from the start :(

They invaded the earth, you escape from earth, go to council and noone believes reapers are threat to anything.
It's not that they don't believe you, it's that they are too preoccupied with the reaper threats to their own worlds. Palaven is already under attack, Thessia soon will be. Sur'Kesh seems like the only Council home world that is not actively under threat of the Reapers, but they too must be considering the cost and benefits of rushing into conflict with what seems an insurmountable force.

Start at 5:18

It's not that they don't believe you, it's that they are too preoccupied with the reaper threats to their own worlds. Palaven is already under attack, Thessia soon will be. Sur'Kesh seems like the only Council home world that is not actively under threat of the Reapers, but they too must be considering the cost and benefits of rushing into conflict with what seems an insurmountable force.

Start at 5:18

:O
I guess my mind warped that a bit few years back, still it is quite stupid that they won't stand together :(
Though I guess I could give it a try again, thought about playing TW1 again since I unexpectedly got it for free on galaxy, but it is always better to play something you haven't yet than to replay something you played several years ago.

Though I guess I could give it a try again
It's my favorite Mass Effect actually, especially after the extended cut was released. If you don't have them, I would also highly recommend the From Ashes, Leviathan and Citadel DLCs. While it's annoying that EA hides so much great content behind DLCs, those three really do greatly add to the story. If you do go back to it, have fun!

It's my favorite Mass Effect actually, especially after the extended cut was released. If you don't have them, I would also highly recommend the From Ashes, Leviathan and Citadel DLCs. While it's annoying that EA hides so much great content behind DLCs, those three really do greatly add to the story. If you do go back to it, have fun!

Just checked, I only have from ashes. I guess it will wait a bit till I get all of the DLCs. And I agree with you, my best content in ME2 was that DLC when you "drive" a moon (or a small planet or something) to the relay, crashing the moon in it. In the final part of the mission, after I killed all the enemies, I just stood on the platform enjoying the sight as the relay got closer and closer before I ran away with my ship. It still gives me chills when I think how good that mission was :D

it's annoying that EA hides so much great content behind DLCs, those three really do greatly add to the story. If you do go back to it, have fun!

Yeah, I think EA's greed really did a disservice to the game and, therefore, the fans. It was almost a lesson in how not to treat a story driven RPG, especially the final installment of one of the most loved series of all time.

The ending, as much as it was hated, made a bit more sense and had some groundwork laid down for it with the Leviathan DLC. I think of all the DLC's, this one was the most important to have in the game on release but it really did need them all.

The Citadel DLC made up somewhat for the lack of interaction with some of the series characters that aren't in your party during the game, something that was exacerbated by the abrupt ending with no real epilogue for anyone.

After hearing so much about the Protheans, it was a also a bit nasty for them to have squadmate Javik behind a day one paywall too.

Iirc, the guns made quite a difference to the feel and flow of combat and weren't some of those DLC too? Smh.

I remember how well received, and how much I myself loved, Lair of the Shadowbroker. I also remember them saying that the DLCs for ME2 were a great way to judge what people might want in ME3. What happened to that development plan I wonder?

Guest 3847602

I remember how well received, and how much I myself loved, Lair of the Shadowbroker. I also remember them saying that the DLCs for ME2 were a great way to judge what people might want in ME3. What happened to that development plan I wonder?
They've split their team right after ME2 came out - one worked on its DLC, while the other had to develop the sequel in just 18 months. There was no time to do much about that original plan while they were in the rush to meet the deadline.

They've split their team right after ME2 came out - one worked on its DLC, while the other had to develop the sequel in just 18 months. There was no time to do much about that original plan while they were in the rush to meet the deadline.

Well, I didn't know about the team split, thanks for the info.

What a bad decision. ME3 was definitely one of those games that needed to be worked on in a 'it's ready when it's ready' kinda way.

I remember being thrilled at how quickly the 3rd game was going to come out, but also very skeptical. I wasn't surprised when it got delayed from December (?) to March and that made me even more suspicious. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, overall.

I also think it really taught me to respect the development time a company like CDPR puts into its games. When W3 was delayed a couple of times, I was always disappointed but then I'd remember ME3 and stop and think, 'Nope, this is a good thing'.

All I ask is that companies only announce a release date when they are positive it'll be fulfilled, when they are already well into the polishing phase for example. I like the Bethesda style 6 month window, like they did for Fallout 4. Soon enough to get excited about and build up momentum for without being tortured by seemingly endless months/year+ of teasing.

I hope CP2077 gets something similar.

Guest 3847602

What a bad decision. ME3 was definitely one of those games that needed to be worked on in a 'it's ready when it's ready' kinda way.

I remember being thrilled at how quickly the 3rd game was going to come out, but also very skeptical. I wasn't surprised when it got delayed from December (?) to March and that made me even more suspicious. I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, overall.
It turned out OK-ish for me, but I don't think I'll ever be able to see it as something other than wasted potential. Even without taking the ending into consideration, there's just too many negatives in basically every segment of the game. The saddest part is that almost all of them were the result of rushed production.
I also think it really taught me to respect the development time a company like CDPR puts into its games. When W3 was delayed a couple of times, I was always disappointed but then I'd remember ME3 and stop and think, 'Nope, this is a good thing'.
Absolutely, but not many developers can afford to do that.

Mass Effect threat in the Witcher Forum?

Damn I hoped I could escape it here XD

Mass Effect (1) was a great game with an amazing story... and one game later the story really went bad.
Don't get me wrong it is still a good game, but in terms of story ME2 is really not a good game and was just the start for what we got in ME3.

I really love Mass Effect and its lore, but in terms of story only ME1 can be a great example.
With the leaving of Drew Karpyshyn on took over of Mac Walter the game story really went bad.

And Bioware gets worse and worse. When you read that the working staff at Bioware hoped Dragon Age: Inquisition will flop so they don't have to go on making those games, you really can feel what its about to be, to make Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda.

To be honest. imo Mass Effect 1 was the last real good game (all in all) they made. I love some of the games that came after it, but there you feel, see, and play that Bioware is slowy dying.

Guest 3847602

I really love Mass Effect and its lore, but in terms of story only ME1 can be a great example.
With the leaving of Drew Karpyshyn on took over of Mac Walter the game story really went bad.
Departure of Drew was bad, but that of Chris L'Etoile (responsible for all those planet descriptions in ME1 as well as ME1 Ashley, Thane, Legion and EDI) was crippling blow to them. It's only thanks to Patrick Weekes and his writing that highs in ME3 are good enough to outweigh the lows for me.

ME2, despite being a series high point, completely derailed the story. Bioware had no idea where they were going with the main narrative after ME1. ME3 is a complete fucking joke with every character having a Jesus complex. People think it was just the ending, lol, no. The entire game lacked the gravitas and consistency of ME1.

Departure of Drew was bad, but that of Chris L'Etoile (responsible for all those planet descriptions in ME1 as well as ME1 Ashley, Thane, Legion and EDI) was crippling blow to them. It's only thanks to Patrick Weekes and his writing that highs in ME3 are good enough to outweigh the lows for me.

Patrick Weekes made some of the few good stuff of ME3... but sadly that didn't made all the faults of Mac and his crew look better. There are some good moments, but the over all tone is sadly bad :(
I mean, he wrote Mordin, Tali and and this alone gives him a lot of credit

ME2, despite being a series high point, completely derailed the story. Bioware had no idea where they were going with the main narrative after ME1. ME3 is a complete fucking joke with every character having a Jesus complex. People think it was just the ending, lol, no. The entire game lacked the gravitas and consistency of ME1.

This is so darn true. Wish I could upvote twice.
Since ME2 the story went down and ME3 was just the peak of this nonsense. I mean, how bad can storywriting be if it completely negates the whole plot of the first game? It feels like people like Mac Walters never heard of ME before when they start writing the scripts. To be honest it mostly feels like Fanfiction instead of proper continuation.
ME2 and ME3 often feel like Michael Bay made some scenes and parts in the script.

Also next to storywriting/telling the lore is also messed up, and those are just the big points. Smaller stuff like the "outfits" of for example Jack are also part of the problems.

Sometimes I wish for a reboot of the series, rigth after ME1 ignoring ME2 and ME3 and do a proper lorefreindly continuation.

Top Bottom