Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+

This FPP INDIE game made by few russians is super immersive! Animations for picking items and weapons up, for smoking, weapon's recoil (that shotgun feels better than in DOOM 2016), weapon moving while you walk, melee fighting looking good with enemies reacting to hits in a credible way (those robots are too strong when it pushes you 10 meters away with a kick, though)... I mean, it feels like you're there and animations are not making the game slow, at all. They last 1 second each. Glorious. Game coming out on PC, PS4 and XBOX one.

Did I say that it's an INDIE game? I think it's time for AAA to evolve a bit or they'll look ridiculous soon.

Wow, how did i miss this? Looks awesome :eek:

Still, even if it's a small tech demo those 10 minutes of the game show that proper animations for picking items up are feasable even without having rockstar's budget. And they don't make the game slow, just more immersive.

When will other software houses learn it?

Well, i think most recent games that go for that immersive factor have it as a feature to a certain degree.

The new DOOM has pick up animations when finding a new type of weapon for the first time, but it wouldn't be fitting to animate every pick up in that game. I know Metro had some nice animations with masks, filters, map and a few others. So the tendency to animate these kinds of things is there and the value pretty obvious. It makes you feel like you are actually a person in the game and not some hovering disconnected entity. It helps build a sense of embodiment and ownership thus contributing to the feeling of being immersed .

Really not the place for this discussion. Not the Atomic Hearts thread, gang.

My bad, my enthusiasm and subsequent deflation got the better of me..

Last edited:
The new DOOM has pick up animations when finding a new type of weapon for the first time, but it wouldn't be fitting to animate every pick up in that game
it actually does since you pick up a weapon only once (what's the point of picking the same weapon up more than once? you just need ammo) and you have animations for pushing buttons every time you do it, animation for every time you collect puppets or those cards and energy spheres that give you upgrades.

What I'd like to see in CP are animations for picking up weapons, cans from vending machines (nothing fancy, just as shown in atomic hearts with an hand fastly grabbing it) or pushing buttons. I don't buy that it takes a lot of money/time to implement them or that they make the game slow (it takes 1 second to complete the animation). It'd make it much more immersive (instead of making you feel like a floating camera) with no sacrfices in terms of fun/gameplay. Of course I'm not talking about ammo or stuff you need to pick up every 2 seconds, not even RDR2 does that, it'd make it tedious.

If they go for a TW3/MMO loot approach where you need to pick the same objects billions of time just to resell them, then lack of animations is the last of immersion's problems. It'd be ironic (some may say "hypocritical") to go for full immersive FPP with animated dialogues but the game mechanics continuously bring you back to the fact that "it's just a game", but it's not up to me to make such decisions, of course.

it actually does since you pick up a weapon only once (what's the point of picking the same weapon up more than once? you just need ammo) and you have animations for pushing buttons every time you do it, animation for every time you collect puppets or those cards and energy spheres that give you upgrades.

I was specifically thinking about the sheer amount of ammo you pick up in that game. Animating that would get tedious FAST and be super awkward during the fighting, even just having to aim at the ammo to pick it up would be frustrating. Other than that i feel the same way about everything you said. I'd also suggest the different body parts of the character should be seen when looking in the right direction(legs, arms, chest), should be FPP 101.

I'd also suggest the different body parts of the character should be seen when looking in the right direction(legs, arms, chest), should be FPP 101.

that and an higher point of you. Eyes are at the beginning of the nose, not in the neck. I'll never understand why every game does so.

I haven't drilled down on all the other comments in this section, so, there's probably some things I may list that are covered by other folks. Please consider my repetition where that occurs as a vote in support of that change.
Whatever the case, my opinions are as follows.

1. I've heard somewhere the cartoonish damage numbers popping up when an enemy is shot can be turned off. Good.
As an extension of that visual control, I'm hopeful that other HUD elements can be turned off too.
A popular mod in games that allow for mods is minimalist/immersive HUD. If we have the option to turn which HUD elements we want to see ON/OFF, as well as what HUD elements are displayed where on the screen, plus HUD color, that would be great.
This includes the level number and/or name of characters the player looks at. If the level numbers and/or names are turned off, and we go free running through Night City, well, let us learn some lessons the hard way that certain people and places are not to be tampered with without substantially more experience, preparation, support and metal. We don't all want the equivalent of ominous cartoon red skulls floating over the heads big boss baddy.
There's the active HUD, and then there's the optical scanner too. Perhaps a polite "do not mess with these people" indicator is something more appropriate for various levels of optical scanners ... and it'd be nice if certain features there, too, could be customized, turned OFF/ON, given color preferences.
There's a number of HUD features that are plausible for life in Night City as an augmented human, but, there's also features that just scream "VIDEO GAME", that can ruin immersion.
This extends to weapons/gear labeling. Do I really want to look at a gun, armor, or some other kit and have a color coded label telling me it's common, uncommon, rare, epic, or legendary pop up? Not really. If I examine the gear more closely in inventory, well, that's a little more plausible place for such things, in my opinion.
TLDR - let the player customize their HUD.

2. The Maelstrom Gang Encounter -
On first blink, the Maelstrom Gang encounter is fantastic. However, when we step back and think about it for a minute, I have questions.
When the inventory menu is shown on picking up the Spiderbot shard, we see that V is level 2 with Street Cred 1.
That's plausible for dealing with the Scavs detailed earlier in the demo. The Maelstrom gang, however, this crew took out a MILITECH convoy ... and V is going through them like butter.
They've got those cool eye mods too. It's certainly a distinctive aesthetic, and style is super important in the world of Cyberpunk, but, that's still some serious modification. Jamie even comments on them before arriving at the warehouse calling them "Borg", which is typically a label reserved for full-body replacement near impossible to kill characters ... so, we should expect this crew to be a little more difficult than slicing butter, and they can probably see the electron spin on individual atoms through walls, 2 blocks away with those eye mods.
They can ambush a Militech convoy, and can probably farm out their optics to detect intelligent life in the next galaxy over, but, V can sneak up on them, and give them lights out notices with a pistol, and some other hardware at Level 2.
In short, if the enemy has a story, a reputation for taking out hard targets, and obvious mods, they should probably be more difficult to deal with, and, again, those eye mods, they should probably be able to see V coming, and use their own wall-penetrating firepower from two or three rooms away, and all the more so since they're already alerted to a threat.
Another minor detail; one Maelstrom gang member cries about "My Legs" even when his head is shot off. I'm sure that's a minor detail that will get fixed well before release. The bigger issue is with enemies with specific types of cyberware acting like they actually have that cyberware, and using it to their advantage.
If I run into enemies with pogo sticks for legs, they should be bouncing all over the place. If I run into a crew that all have Hubble telescopes for heads, then, I should expect they can SEE me, no matter where I'm at, unless I've somehow, plausibly, gone out of my way to disable their ability to do so with a group head hack, or whatever.
How can V (at level 2) and Jaime swipe these guys Left so easy when a MILITECH convoy couldn't?

3. So many quest markers. This is more of an addendum to #1, but, deserves special mention. Can we have the ability to turn OFF quest markers? I personally tend to do a LOT of exploring early in a game, and can pick up a dozen or more side quests in no time. I WANT to DO those side quests. Don't get me wrong there. I don't, however, want the dozen other quest markers cluttering up the borders of my screen until I'm ready to do those quests.
Please, let us turn off quest markers, and put them in reserve for when we want to do them.

4. Looting - Can we only loot CERTAIN enemies? ... and only the wee "important" bits?
In the Demo, especially during the Maelstrom Gang encounter, we see only ONE body highlighted for looting to pick up the spiderbot shard. We don't really see V loot anyone else. Is this going to be like AC: Odyssey where only select enemies with special gear can get looted?
If so, that does not make me happy.
If roll someone over, I don't care if they've got worthless shiny rocks and bits of string in their pockets, I want to at least have the option to loot ALL that junk. It provides an element of realism where my character might not know the value of some stuff and has to pick up everything, or, my character might be a hoarder, or, any number of things.
Yes, I understand we won't be able to "harvest" cyberware off of bodies. That's okay. I can square that. If I can't yoink every pair of worthless shoes from every enemy and build a fungus fort of foot ware to donate to some random hobo, then, I'm gonna be a little upset.
Allow us to loot all the things, including the stupid things off of enemies.

There's some other wee minor bits, and, I'm a wordy hack, and could go on, but, I'm going to leave this for now.

TLDR version - Fully Customizable HUD, Enemies should act like they have the cyberware they have, Toggle quest markers. Loot all the thingses.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I don`t want to sound rude but V`s companion is Jackie not Jaime .

1 I am sure i have read that the HUD can be toggle on and off . Who knows how much Info you will be left .
2 I was surprised that the big bad Maelstrom gang was so easy to push aside but maybe it was only for the demo . People wanted to see a gang they knew ?????? It was said a lot not final content so i hope the Maelstrom gang is replaced by a weaker gang .
3 In TW3 it would only show the quests you picked not all the quests so i think it`s fair to say it would be the same in 2077.
4 Once again in TW3 you could loot everyone , perhaps it was to keep the demo running along at speed instead of stopping to loot ( maybe i am stretching it a bit i don`t know ).

Last edited:
... something else I noticed, and this is probably me just being nit-picky and splitting hairs, is what seems to be a lot of gender role stereotyping going on.
The Scavs, and Maelstrom gang characters, that I noticed, were all male. Is this the classical statistical model for the likelihood of one gender's propensity for violent criminal activity over the other? ... or is there an ethical quandary about putting women characters in positions that could cater to real-world misogynistic impulses to harm women?
I dunno.
Women, on the other hand, are represented as V, a "Princess" that needs saving from scavs, a Ripperdoc Secretary, a Corpo Rep, and the Netrunner friend TBug or whatever she's called.
I don't really know what to think about this yet as there are a lot of different angles to question something we only have a fraction of a sliver of a crack of a window to speculate on.
On one hand I'm hoping for more feminine representation for good guys and bad guys, but, on the other hand, I'm not a big fan for anything that could serve as a virtual outlet for someone to take out their issues with women, on women.
There's likely no right answer, and I'm just being nit-picky.

Wow me watching the demo " oh look shiny things " Marquis watching " hmmm i see this , i see that " LOL

I hadn`t noticed the lack of females in the demo . I know some gangs are totally female but we need someone smarter than me ( it wont be hard to find ) to say if the Maelstrom gang is all male . The Scavs on the other hand , you would think they should have females . NC is a hard place to live and i doubt the female population is any softer than the male population or they would be dead . Don`t forget the scene of the two prostitutes stomping the guys head .

I will disagree with the corpo Meredith, she is the one in charge of the men , Two underlings and one hostage . I guess she isn`t the top of the food chain but she is in charge of that situation .

Wow me watching the demo " oh look shiny things " Marquis watching " hmmm i see this , i see that " LOL

I hadn`t noticed the lack of females in the demo . I know some gangs are totally female but we need someone smarter than me ( it wont be hard to find ) to say if the Maelstrom gang is all male . The Scavs on the other hand , you would think they should have females . NC is a hard place to live and i doubt the female population is any softer than the male population or they would be dead . Don`t forget the scene of the two prostitutes stomping the guys head .

I will disagree with the corpo Meredith, she is the one in charge of the men , Two underlings and one hostage . I guess she isn`t the top of the food chain but she is in charge of that situation .

Yeah, I'm one of those people that goes to bed, then spends the next 5 hours wondering about all those questions in the universe I can't, won't and will likely never have adequate answers to, until next thing I know I'm waking up with memories of at least 3 weird dreams.

... but, yeah, the female gender bias roles made one o me little eyes twitch. The corpo contact is calling shots, sure, but, she's basically a desk job, someone subservient to someone that's probably a guy, above her. ... and prostitutes? Sure, there's Joyboys too, but, there's a reason Women and prostitution is sometimes referred to the oldest profession. A more prominent presence of women in prostitution, and other similar sex and entertainment oriented representations, regardless of how tough they might be still speaks to that old time-worn stereotype.
After that, we've got the ripperdoc Secretary? I really liked the ripperdoc character and voice acting, so, I'm not agitating for the ripperdoc to get gender flipped, and, I liked his little secretary too, but, regardless that, because I'm me, and I think about things that are always ruining all the other thingses for me, the big gender role steroetype neon sign started flashing in me head.
Maybe if they replaced one of the boxers on the TV for a mixed gender match, or in that gym outside V's apartment with a lady boxer, and glue some boobs onto one of the corpo's bodyguards I'd feel better. It wouldn't have to be huge changes.
Not all girls have to be pretty and have "girl-jobs", and, since we've really only seen a small part of the game with still much more to go, those wee changes might maybe perhaps get got made, or introduces in places and ways we just haven't seen.

in the demo every time you kill someone a small pink "v" appears, that's loot. Most likely they used the same system as TW3 and you can loot every corpse and go around with 15 weapons and a lot of junk in your inventory so that you can sell stuff.

Somehow, I missed that. I'm going to have to go back and watch the viddy another other time. I noticed there's an option to "pick up body" which I rather like, and am happy about, and it gets me to pondering about the enemy AI when it comes to noticing bodies, and how that mechanic can play into a sneaky approach to many situations with hiding bodies, and quest possibilities where you get paid to make it look like someone committed suicide (toss body out tall window), and other bits that can get done when there's a pick-up-body mechanic. I also wonder about physics, like, if you drop a body off rooftop and it lands on a car, does the car crumple? If it hits a person, how much damage do they take?
I can't help but always ask questions. My brain is on fire with stupid irrelevant stuff most of the time.

... and to physics, I wonder also about trap mechanic possibilities.
Laser trip wire mines, and motion sensitive gun turrets are one thing but ... Can we have at least one Rube Goldberg gadget trap that's ridiculously and unnecessarily over complicated and so satisfying to watch getting triggered we don't care if we get got by it? :)

Hi first of all i like to apologize for this very late feedback. everyone else may be on other topics by now, but been wanting to post my 2c but havent had the chance.

Anyway, just want to say the game looks excellent in every way. I understand the footage has been released for nearly a year now, and I'm sure CDred has made numerous improvements already. These feedback are the very nit picky stuff and aimed at the subtle parts of the game. I'm sure some will be covered in other posts, but i havent the time to double check with every single one of it. I hope CDred will take aboard some stuff to enhance their overall game.

That said here are my findings

• Male character to be more buff. Increased strength and other abilities.
  • More backstory variety
  • Jackie's movements and actions non-scripted. Eg at beginning instead of just tackling the scav do variety movements such as a shot to the head, incapacitate enemies legs, throw in a grenade with fire in the hole cue
  • Nice body fall mechanics for guy on wheel chair after being shot . Very natural
  • 3:36 . Jackie under fire looks a bit stiff not much reaction being shot at is hands are exposed to gunfire by wall.

• 2.46mins shooting into the water and struggle did not have visual water splash only sound splashes. Water Looks stiff
  • 3.00 mins V shoots at fridge/ vending machine and glass behind guy pushing wheelchair no destructable damage
  • 3.03 - 3.13 Vs takes cover behind speakers tool box and mid level shelves with boxes and bottles. Top boxes and bottles were destructible but the speakers and shelves were stiff, non destructible. Bullets could do structural damage, walls and structures but not to speakers and shelves. No impact movement or force movements on shelves on bullet impact and damage. Shelves were absolutely stiff.
  • 3.05 guy in blue hawaii shirt and blue words doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to dodge bullets. He's slowly walking towards cover instead of jumping to it. After he slowly moves to the side and shoot openly without taking cover. His movements were directional not sidestepped. (the guys who shouted 123, shitdog!)
  • 3:11 - V shooting at the enemy who is hiding behind cover. But later on we see at 3:13-3:14 and 3.14-3.16 he is not really hidden and is away from cover. The angle which he took cover is correct for V on her entry into the room, but once V moves to towards the side and towards him, we can see he's not really utilising his cover, but kneels in a very open manner
  • 3.18 - 3.24 Back to guy in blue hawaii shirt trying to hide. Gets shot twice. But stood there. What the hell is he doing? V easily shoots him.
  • 3:25 feels like the gun hasn’t got much shooting force. Maybe a light weapon. Not immersive breaking though
  • 3.30 V directly hits a aerosol can at point blank. No explosion, or spray paint going everywhere. Youtube shooting aerosol cans. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shooting+aerosol+cans
  • 3.30 - 3.6 V shooting the scavenger behind cover. He has his upperpart of body widely exposed in gun fight. In this scenario FEAR Ais blind shoots with one arm exposed while covering his body.
  • 3:37 - V shot the scavenger boss. But hes not reactive to it, stumble or hurt. closes door as per scripted in a normal fashion.
  • 3.40 Jackie is trying to open the door by tugging at the metal architrave?
  • 3:44 - 4:13 Scavenger boss keeps on shooting in a rythmic manner blindly eventhough he got shot by v at 3.58 - 3.59 pic right till the end.
  • 3:58 Even being shot at (22 critical hit onwards) we see no varied shots, quick slow or rapid. No reaction of being shot at. But maintained constant interval shots. Grenade.
  • 3:59 nice to include some kind of wall cover
  • 4.14 Scavenger boss shoots at v behind broken window. He shoots at the window and the window remains stiff no impact movements on broken window blinds
  • 4.24 - He just stood there doing nothing obviously waiting for the next scripted moment. Could he look through the room or something.
  • 4:40-4:41 V pulls body out of water. No water drip efffects on body
  • 5:10 water flowing in bathtub excellent love the ice shards moving separately. But it stayed stuck at the end, no more subtle movements
  • 5.45 - Jackie not looking at v when he's talking to her while covering the door
  • 6:39 excellent air effects as TT lands. Excellent body movemes from TT team. Even nods at the other team upon picking up stretcher
  • 6.42 - 6.48 Only hear body movement sound and footsteps from guy who placed the stretcher down not from the other guy on the right or everyone else
  • 7:50 animated conversation between jackie and v looks slightly stiff. hair has slight clipping. Too clean after being in a gun fight. jackets and clothes also a bit too clean after a fight
  • 10:13 would like animation of taking and putting on jacket
  • 10.40 looking at surroundings looks lifeless no peple overlooking the balcony etc
  • 11:16 two guys pumping iron looks similar and in sync
  • 11:39 newspaper on floor can we interact ?
  • 12:03 ads inside elevator not changing or varied
  • 13:00 rewatching the video crowd does look slightly stiff. They're all really just walking into each other. Some clipping. Not much varied pace or actions. Double ups
  • 14:23 camera pan while entering car looks stiff and too coordinated. Not natural. Also inside car.
  • 14:43 fixer's hair some kind of problem going on with animation. A lot of over flicking and Some clipping. 15:07 he bends over to his left to pick up his shard, the hair is unnaturally stiff. During the other parts it shows the hair was meant to be animated to be soft and glides over his shoulders. Doesn’t match up here.
  • 15:02 boxing match in tv is so fixed and not dynamic repeat later on doc's tv when fixing v's eye. their movements slow dont feel like a real fight
  • 18:34 jackies earing looks stiff but great when he gave thumbs up in 27:37 for giving V thumbs up
  • 18:42 panning still looks stiff
  • 19:05 boxing match still looks the same from fixers car
  • 21:41 ripper doc leather gloves texture looks great but his fingers looks like it could do with a touch up. Quite blurry. Metal textures looks realistic
  • 22:19 doc talking in stiff way
  • 25:09 char shooting and chasing scene. Other drivers doesn’t really react to the shootings happening. They drive by normally. Except for the tooting horn. Police?
  • 25:12 v just sticks head out window to shoot without worrying of shots fired at her. Option to shoot from wheel behind windscreen
  • 25:15 the ads on the boards doesn’t vary much or change. Except on 25:31
  • 29:04- 29:17 excellent facial expressions on Stout. Anger and stress disappointment all evident. Multiple emotions evident especially 30:13 she had very subtle smile after accepting deal and cred chip showing she had ulterior motives
  • 35:47 stuck in animation, free to choose o shoot now if possible
  • 36:30 great animation when gangers laughs
  • 38:26 jackie doesn’t react to ur shotgun finding
  • 39:44 ricochet too accurate. 100% accuracy. Bullet travel also a bit too accurate. Pin point accuracy. Lowers the necessary need for smart guns. maybe introduce level up. Bullets hits the gangoons head in a funny way
  • 42:45 choke hold execution looks so easy no real struggle
  • 24:19 the option to punch the thug in the face
  • 16:57 the way v talks to corporate agent lady doesn’t suit personality. Too soft. A mercenary has to be talking tough. "Hhi uhm.."Choice ofwords, doesn’t sound like someone who deals with tough people. albeit amateur convo.

Other notes

• Include supernatural, occult or haunted missions. Jackies wife owns a spiritual "esoterica"shop. Hints to supernatural.
  • Combat - When they die finger still on trigger
  • Excessive Spawning enemies annoying especially out of cover from nowhere is annoying. Set team enemies in different areas
  • Not walk right out in front of my gunfire
  • Enemies takes decisive cover and always moving. May have emotional fears
  • Include fist fight, shown boxing bots. Detail sword fights. Lots of moves. Tough enemy swrod fights.
  • Vaulting over fences, climbing under and over vehicles, parkour mechanics . Come as upgrades or not. Maybe history of character
  • Movable objects for cover
  • Jackie or partner notice if you're firing at something or nothing
  • Cover mechanics
  • See more of shooting guy in the water or it’s a movement mechanic
  • I notice theres no ashtray system for the rubbish bins model, since NPC smoking is included in the game story
  • Tattoos: permanently boost character units
  • Doc to notice if u installed illegal military hardware
  • I liked dum dum
  • 24.11 Parking restrictions? Traffic?
  • Police involvement if doing crime in city
  • I take it that V is overpowered in this Demo. Therefore going up agaisnt a whole team of maelstrom is plausible. But if she's at a low level this doesn’t feel right.
  • VR support
Thank you for reading

Last edited:
Hi first of all i like to apologize for this very late feedback. everyone else may be on other topics by now, but been wanting to post my 2c but havent had the chance.

Anyway, just want to say the game looks excellent in every way. I understand the footage has been released for nearly a year now, and I'm sure CDred has made numerous improvements already. These feedback are the very nit picky stuff and aimed at the subtle parts of the game. I'm sure some will be covered in other posts, but i havent the time to double check with every single one of it. I hope CDred will take aboard some stuff to enhance their overall game.

That said here are my findings

• Male character to be more buff. Increased strength and other abilities.
  • More backstory variety
  • Jackie's movements and actions non-scripted. Eg at beginning instead of just tackling the scav do variety movements such as a shot to the head, incapacitate enemies legs, throw in a grenade with fire in the hole cue
  • Nice body fall mechanics for guy on wheel chair after being shot . Very natural
  • 3:36 . Jackie under fire looks a bit stiff not much reaction being shot at is hands are exposed to gunfire by wall.

• 2.46mins shooting into the water and struggle did not have visual water splash only sound splashes. Water Looks stiff
  • 3.00 mins V shoots at fridge/ vending machine and glass behind guy pushing wheelchair no destructable damage
  • 3.03 - 3.13 Vs takes cover behind speakers tool box and mid level shelves with boxes and bottles. Top boxes and bottles were destructible but the speakers and shelves were stiff, non destructible. Bullets could do structural damage, walls and structures but not to speakers and shelves. No impact movement or force movements on shelves on bullet impact and damage. Shelves were absolutely stiff.
  • 3.05 guy in blue hawaii shirt and blue words doesn’t seem to be in a hurry to dodge bullets. He's slowly walking towards cover instead of jumping to it. After he slowly moves to the side and shoot openly without taking cover. His movements were directional not sidestepped. (the guys who shouted 123, shitdog!)
  • 3:11 - V shooting at the enemy who is hiding behind cover. But later on we see at 3:13-3:14 and 3.14-3.16 he is not really hidden and is away from cover. The angle which he took cover is correct for V on her entry into the room, but once V moves to towards the side and towards him, we can see he's not really utilising his cover, but kneels in a very open manner
  • 3.18 - 3.24 Back to guy in blue hawaii shirt trying to hide. Gets shot twice. But stood there. What the hell is he doing? V easily shoots him.
  • 3:25 feels like the gun hasn’t got much shooting force. Maybe a light weapon. Not immersive breaking though
  • 3.30 V directly hits a aerosol can at point blank. No explosion, or spray paint going everywhere. Youtube shooting aerosol cans. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shooting+aerosol+cans
  • 3.30 - 3.6 V shooting the scavenger behind cover. He has his upperpart of body widely exposed in gun fight. In this scenario FEAR Ais blind shoots with one arm exposed while covering his body.
  • 3:37 - V shot the scavenger boss. But hes not reactive to it, stumble or hurt. closes door as per scripted in a normal fashion.
  • 3.40 Jackie is trying to open the door by tugging at the metal architrave?
  • 3:44 - 4:13 Scavenger boss keeps on shooting in a rythmic manner blindly eventhough he got shot by v at 3.58 - 3.59 pic right till the end.
  • 3:58 Even being shot at (22 critical hit onwards) we see no varied shots, quick slow or rapid. No reaction of being shot at. But maintained constant interval shots. Grenade.
  • 3:59 nice to include some kind of wall cover
  • 4.14 Scavenger boss shoots at v behind broken window. He shoots at the window and the window remains stiff no impact movements on broken window blinds
  • 4.24 - He just stood there doing nothing obviously waiting for the next scripted moment. Could he look through the room or something.
  • 4:40-4:41 V pulls body out of water. No water drip efffects on body
  • 5:10 water flowing in bathtub excellent love the ice shards moving separately. But it stayed stuck at the end, no more subtle movements
  • 5.45 - Jackie not looking at v when he's talking to her while covering the door
  • 6:39 excellent air effects as TT lands. Excellent body movemes from TT team. Even nods at the other team upon picking up stretcher
  • 6.42 - 6.48 Only hear body movement sound and footsteps from guy who placed the stretcher down not from the other guy on the right or everyone else
  • 7:50 animated conversation between jackie and v looks slightly stiff. hair has slight clipping. Too clean after being in a gun fight. jackets and clothes also a bit too clean after a fight
  • 10:13 would like animation of taking and putting on jacket
  • 10.40 looking at surroundings looks lifeless no peple overlooking the balcony etc
  • 11:16 two guys pumping iron looks similar and in sync
  • 11:39 newspaper on floor can we interact ?
  • 12:03 ads inside elevator not changing or varied
  • 13:00 rewatching the video crowd does look slightly stiff. They're all really just walking into each other. Some clipping. Not much varied pace or actions. Double ups
  • 14:23 camera pan while entering car looks stiff and too coordinated. Not natural. Also inside car.
  • 14:43 fixer's hair some kind of problem going on with animation. A lot of over flicking and Some clipping. 15:07 he bends over to his left to pick up his shard, the hair is unnaturally stiff. During the other parts it shows the hair was meant to be animated to be soft and glides over his shoulders. Doesn’t match up here.
  • 15:02 boxing match in tv is so fixed and not dynamic repeat later on doc's tv when fixing v's eye. their movements slow dont feel like a real fight
  • 18:34 jackies earing looks stiff but great when he gave thumbs up in 27:37 for giving V thumbs up
  • 18:42 panning still looks stiff
  • 19:05 boxing match still looks the same from fixers car
  • 21:41 ripper doc leather gloves texture looks great but his fingers looks like it could do with a touch up. Quite blurry. Metal textures looks realistic
  • 22:19 doc talking in stiff way
  • 25:09 char shooting and chasing scene. Other drivers doesn’t really react to the shootings happening. They drive by normally. Except for the tooting horn. Police?
  • 25:12 v just sticks head out window to shoot without worrying of shots fired at her. Option to shoot from wheel behind windscreen
  • 25:15 the ads on the boards doesn’t vary much or change. Except on 25:31
  • 29:04- 29:17 excellent facial expressions on Stout. Anger and stress disappointment all evident. Multiple emotions evident especially 30:13 she had very subtle smile after accepting deal and cred chip showing she had ulterior motives
  • 35:47 stuck in animation, free to choose o shoot now if possible
  • 36:30 great animation when gangers laughs
  • 38:26 jackie doesn’t react to ur shotgun finding
  • 39:44 ricochet too accurate. 100% accuracy. Bullet travel also a bit too accurate. Pin point accuracy. Lowers the necessary need for smart guns. maybe introduce level up. Bullets hits the gangoons head in a funny way
  • 42:45 choke hold execution looks so easy no real struggle
  • 24:19 the option to punch the thug in the face
  • 16:57 the way v talks to corporate agent lady doesn’t suit personality. Too soft. A mercenary has to be talking tough. "Hhi uhm.."Choice ofwords, doesn’t sound like someone who deals with tough people. albeit amateur convo.

Other notes

• Include supernatural, occult or haunted missions. Jackies wife owns a spiritual "esoterica"shop. Hints to supernatural.
  • Combat - When they die finger still on trigger
  • Excessive Spawning enemies annoying especially out of cover from nowhere is annoying. Set team enemies in different areas
  • Not walk right out in front of my gunfire
  • Enemies takes decisive cover and always moving. May have emotional fears
  • Include fist fight, shown boxing bots. Detail sword fights. Lots of moves. Tough enemy swrod fights.
  • Vaulting over fences, climbing under and over vehicles, parkour mechanics . Come as upgrades or not. Maybe history of character
  • Movable objects for cover
  • Jackie or partner notice if you're firing at something or nothing
  • Cover mechanics
  • See more of shooting guy in the water or it’s a movement mechanic
  • I notice theres no ashtray system for the rubbish bins model, since NPC smoking is included in the game story
  • Tattoos: permanently boost character units
  • Doc to notice if u installed illegal military hardware
  • I liked dum dum
  • 24.11 Parking restrictions? Traffic?
  • Police involvement if doing crime in city
  • I take it that V is overpowered in this Demo. Therefore going up agaisnt a whole team of maelstrom is plausible. But if she's at a low level this doesn’t feel right.
  • VR support
Thank you for reading

Why would male characters be better? That just makes them the the preferred option to play as...

What cover mechanics? Like the bad ones in games where you can move from cover to cover with a key press? Or the classic FPS one with standing or crouching behind objects?

Why would male characters be better? That just makes them the the preferred option to play as...

What cover mechanics? Like the bad ones in games where you can move from cover to cover with a key press? Or the classic FPS one with standing or crouching behind objects?
Yeah, I liked a lot of that feedback, but the male characters getting a strength bonus is perhaps a bit too biological for my tastes. It's a game, we needn't go that far.

Now, if one wants to argue that players should get a strength bonus based on what body type they choose, I wouldn't be against that, but again, it's maybe a bit too biological. Maybe someone just wants to play a fat, out-of-shape character and not feel hindered because of it. Or maybe they want to play a buff guy/gal and not have any advantages.

As for cover mechanics, I believe he was referring to the cover systems you see in games like Far Cry 3, where you can crouch behind an object to essentially be in cover (with animations and body posture adjusting to match), and hold the fire down to blind fire, or hold aim which will cause you to "peek" depending on where you look.

I'm pretty sure 2077 already has that system, though.

I actually think a difference between genders could be interesting. So males might get more strength, females better reflexes. However with only 6 primary stats, I think the potential for an interesting character creator would be slightly pointless. Looking through the game play demo, each characteristics (Sorry if I jump to conclusion) seems pretty weak. Shooting seems to rely on how well you are at aiming, maybe there will be a damage bonus. Hacking, when V does it, seems to just be a straight up check vs your tech level. I mean all the RPG elements from what I, at least, have seen so far seems to be secondary with little to no depth to them, when compared to just being a full blown action focused game of lets shoot everything up and keep the RPG elements simple and focused on story instead.

My biggest concern with Cyberpunk is that its to action focused. From what I can see in the demo in regards to RPG elements, I would almost go as far as to say, that I think you could remove all the primary stats from the game and just replaced them with items. So when V is doing hacking, instead of the Tech stat, you would buy an advance one time hacking device, which could hack up to level 5 or something and there would be close to no difference in game play in regards to the RPG elements.

So it could be cool with a diverse and interesting Gender system, but it would require a much deeper RPG game, than Cyberpunk seem to suggest it is.

But again, I want to stress that CDPR might surprise and my assumptions might obviously be completely wrong in regards to how deep the RPG elements are, but they just seem very weak on the brink of being pointless, based on the demo.

Last edited:
I actually think a difference between genders could be interesting. So males might get more strength, females better reflexes. However with only 6 primary stats, I think the potential for an interesting character creator would be slightly pointless. Looking through the game play demo, each characteristics (Sorry if I jump to conclusion) seems pretty weak. Shooting seems to rely on how well you are at aiming, maybe there will be a damage bonus. Hacking, when V does it, seems to just be a straight up check vs your tech level. I mean all the RPG elements from what I, at least, have seen so far seems to be secondary with little to no depth to them, when compared to just being a full blown action focused game of lets shoot everything up and keep the RPG elements simple and focused on story instead.

My biggest concern with Cyberpunk is that its to action focused. From what I can see in the demo in regards to RPG elements, I would almost go as far as to say, that I think you could remove all the primary stats from the game and just replaced them with items. So when V is doing hacking, instead of the Tech stat, you would buy an advance one time hacking device, which could hack up to level 5 or something and there would be close to no difference in game play in regards to the RPG elements.

So it could be cool with a diverse and interesting Gender system, but it would require a much deeper RPG game, than Cyberpunk seem to suggest it is.

But again, I want to stress that CDPR might surprise and my assumptions might obviously be completely wrong in regards to how deep the RPG elements are, but they just seem very weak on the brink of being pointless, based on the demo.

I disagree with the gender stuff not for political/moral/etc. reasons, but from a gameplay perspective, it seems unfair to punish a player for something as simple as picking the "wrong" gender for the character archetype they want. Especially because attributes can only be changed with cyberware, which is a pretty big deal.

Much better to just let players do as they please regarding the gender, and distribute their attribute points however feels best to them. If this were a fantasy game with multiple race options, perhaps I'd feel differently.

I agree with everything else you said, however. @kofeiiniturpa and @Suhiira have similar opinions. 2077 definitely seemed to be a bit too action focused from the demo we saw, but here's hoping this year between showing us anything new and showing us that demo is enough time for them to change things.

Top Bottom