botchling needs a change

+
he is used in literally every NR deck and as oppressive he is and without having any counterplays (unless you got locks) he needs a change

he either needs:
-a lower body
-higher cd before he can change again (CD 2)
-keeps current power after transforming
-row limit

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Normally, I would be inclined to agree, but there are two reasons why I do not. First of all, Botchling is a value card, rather than being tied to a specific synergy. This makes him (it?) easier to (auto-)include. The same goes for Ves, which find a home in most decks. The other reason is because ST and SK now got their own version of Botchling. So, NR shouldn't be singled out here.

at least it is possible to kill ves to deny a zeal if you decide so, while botchling? no

botchling does damage
attack it, transform
without delay, get another point out of it as boost
no cooldown after transforming and fully heal lubberkin
he cant be killed regardless, unless you can somehow do 5 dmg in one go

treant boar can be killed in 2 turns as long the player doesnt use another card to boost it
sigvald into can easily be killed if berserked

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
treant boar can be killed in 2 turns as long the player doesnt use another card to boost it
sigvald into champ of svalblod can be geralt'ed

Treant Boar heals itself and has synergy with movement for extra value.
Sigvald can do double the damage when berserked and can be healed by various cards.

Both cards are very strong and are auto-include in a lot of decks. We could argue about which of the three is the strongest, which could be an interesting discussion of itself. Regardless, even if Botchling comes out on top, the gap isn't that big that it requires a nerf.

No its not. Its one of the few good engine cards.
What needs to change is stupid cards like deal 3-4 damage with 3-4 body on top of it. They just killing engine cards and leaving boring bodies after. Its so uninteresting and silly. Many top decks just running only damage cards with bodies, so they win any engine decks.

No its not. Its one of the few good engine cards.
What needs to change is stupid cards like deal 3-4 damage with 3-4 body on top of it. They just killing engine cards and leaving boring bodies after. Its so uninteresting and silly. Many top decks just running only damage cards with bodies, so they win any engine decks.
nr player spotted, no we dont need to change deploy cards, botchling simply deserves a nerf as he cant be dealt with consistently, oh ever played against botchling as monster or st? i doubt

nr player spotted, no we dont need to change deploy cards, botchling simply deserves a nerf as he cant be dealt with consistently, oh ever played against botchling as monster or st? i doubt
ST has great locks, plenty of removal, and movement. MO used to have problems with engines so it was a decent matchup for NR. Now they have Dettlaff. Even tho a lot of people thought NR is going to be strong with crimson curse, it's actually the weakest. Sure botchling is one of their best cards, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed.

Make Treant Boar damage a random enemy unit. That thing is too powerful if you can choose which enemy attack.

Botchling is fine by the way.

I can say one nerf suggestion if it's really necessary. And that is, make Botchling Order ability (just Order ability) Ranged only. Normally, this card looks slightly overpowered, but the problem is, everyone and their grandmothers running stupid removal decks hence Botchling is one of the only engines that has a slight - i mean slight - chance to even survive. So don't touch him until you fix removal madness please.

rrc

Forum veteran
Make Treant Boar damage a random enemy unit. That thing is too powerful if you can choose which enemy attack.

Botchling is fine by the way.

Botchling is fine and Treant Boar needs a nerf?! Wow! Absolutely WOW! There is no other 8 provision engine which is even close to how OP Botching is. But if you have failed to notice it, let me clear that up for you.

1) Botching: 6 Points worth on the same turn it is played - Treant Boar: Only 5
2) Botching will work and will continue to add points to you even after you have passed - Treant Boar can't. This is HUGE. This can potentially give you a card advantage.
3) Unless your opponent can do 5 damage in one turn Botchling stays on the board - Treant Boar gives the opponent two turns to kill it which is pretty fking easy. Treant Boar is like Botching with a cooldown of 2 (which Botchling should ideally have - 2 cooldown - then may be they are equal). Doing 5 damage per turn is not easy and only a few cards can do it or if you have order units which only NR has mostly.

Botchling can work with Tridam infantry and can get +2 per turn and Treant Boar can work with Sentry and can get +2 per turn. So, in that way both fair equally. So, Treant Boar is no way stronger than Botchling. It is easy to remove Treant Boar while removing Botchling is near impossible - only locking it is the option.

he is used in literally every NR deck and as oppressive he is and without having any counterplays (unless you got locks) he needs a change

he either needs:
-a lower body
-higher cd before he can change again (CD 2)
-keeps current power after transforming
-row limit

You can damage or lock it. I do whenever I see botchling played by the opponent.

It doesn't need any change, it's one of the few great cards of NR.

Is this how far we got ?
Now people are screaming for Botchling to get nerfed ?
And someone even said Treant: Boar should get nerfed ?
I can only hope that CDPR does draw a line at this point.

Is this how far we got ?
Now people are screaming for Botchling to get nerfed ?
And someone even said Treant: Boar should get nerfed ?
I can only hope that CDPR does draw a line at this point.

I don't like Treant: Boar. What do I do about that? Want it nerfef?

Nope, I lock it or destroy it when I see it.

Top Bottom