Stop special card decks!!

+

Guest 4339135

This disgusting meta takes every stage of awfulness, it started with endless control and Usurper, right up to special card decks that only use two units in a whole game. That has nothing to do with Gwent anymore, these players destroy the game with such decks. Please stop it!!

You have sirpumpkin to thank for that and the brainless copycats that use it. He also made spellatell apparently.

Great guy to hang out with I bet haha

Guest 4339135

Such decks have existed since the early days of beta (the infamous Spell Scoia decks), and they haven't destroyed the game. They go in and out of "fashion", just like pretty much any other deck.

Yeah, and they should have been banned after the beta, because such decks aren't fun for one who plays it and for the opponent.

But, i miss my Ciri Nova :cry:
I have not played one of those at the moment, only for the contract, but they should all have in common that they do not add points, it is a matter of making sure to go last in r3.

Attachments

• 2019-01-25_1011_1.png
    2019-01-25_1011_1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 385
Just lost against a spell deck on a losing streak. I think I'm going to take a break from the game, it literally gives me too much stress.

It really sucks not drawing what you need to deal with the few units your opponent has and they getting exactly everything they need to win.

Guest 4339135

Just lost against a spell deck on a losing streak. I think I'm going to take a break from the game, it literally gives me too much stress.

It really sucks not drawing what you need to deal with the few units your opponent has and they getting exactly everything they need to win.

I understand you, this is so frustrating...
Post automatically merged:

Someone was playing one of these against me recently and I just used the old strategy of pushing hard to get him to play his tempo. Took the first round and he forfeit the second haha.

Yeah, that's the plan. But sometimes you have a bad hand in the first round and can't push him. And I draw bad very often ;)

Someone was playing one of these against me recently and I just used the old strategy of pushing hard to get him to play his tempo. Took the first round and he forfeit the second haha.
Yeah spell decks will always have trouble when pushed to the limit in round 1, they have nothing left after that.

Guest 4339135

Yeah spell decks will always have trouble when pushed to the limit in round 1, they have nothing left after that.

And when you draw bad like me, then it's not possible to push the opponent. So you have a big problem against such decks. But the point is that this meta full of control, destroying, abusing bugs/cards and such special card decks takes completely away the fun of playing Gwent. In everyone's interest, this can not be the goal of this game. Many players abuse things in Gwent to win and that's not ok. But it seems that nobody is interested in this...

And when you draw bad like me, then it's not possible to push the opponent. So you have a big problem against such decks. But the point is that this meta full of control, destroying, abusing bugs/cards and such special card decks takes completely away the fun of playing Gwent. In everyone's interest, this can not be the goal of this game. Many players abuse things in Gwent to win and that's not ok. But it seems that nobody is interested in this...

Just had a match with a Eithne Special + Artifact/trap deck with an Aglias finisher. Completely destroyed that normie.

Control is not meta anymore (except for SK, they are control faction), it's value and engine meta. Always play around Caldwell, Geralt, Gimpy, and unitless decks. Value decks are strong right now

I agree, so it's not worth my time anymore. I want to play and win. Not all the time, but most of the time. So I will say it again, unless you use a netdeck. Forget ladder.

PS. No offence to the teenagers making a living from playing video games.

Yet, you still insult them. Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing horribly this season but I went up against a Francesca spell list today and managed to win fairly easily. I think the best strategy against these types of lists is to bleed R2 which is what I did. They're not particularly strong.

On another note, why do you keep playing the game Tobi 113? You seem to be disgusted by half the deck strategies out there.

Last edited:
This disgusting meta takes every stage of awfulness, it started with endless control and Usurper, right up to special card decks that only use two units in a whole game. That has nothing to do with Gwent anymore, these players destroy the game with such decks. Please stop it!!
Have you ever played with the ‘2 unit’ deck? I have experimented a lot with the low unit heavy artefact and/or spell decks in the past 2 seasons and while a viable option to climbe the ladder it’s certainly not easy. In my view it’s no fun to play againts a point slam Gerni or Tree but I don’t call it names. I appreciate variety and challenge in the game. I like the fact you can build viable control decks based on spells.

Playing against Francesca spells deck is a waste of time such decks shouldn't be in the game.
Easy solution limit the amount of spells in deck to trigger leader ability.

"Nerf this! Nerf that! Stop this! Stop that!"

Stop that [nope] attitude. There will always be a deck that's not fun to play against. That's how they want to play the game and we can't control that. This is a pvp game, you will always encounter different kinds of players/play styles. If you are irritated or can't handle these kind of gameplay then better play a one player game where you can control the flow of your gaming experience.

Post edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nerf this! Nerf that! Stop this! Stop that!"

Stop that [nope] attitude. There will always be a deck that's not fun to play against. That's how they want to play the game and we can't control that. This is a pvp game, you will always encounter different kinds of players/play styles. If you are irritated or can't handle these kind of gameplay then better play a one player game where you can control the flow of your gaming experience.

Post edited. -Drac

Totally on the same page as you. It's wishful thinking that this forum can become anything more productive than an outlet for frustration. What I would have rather seen is the OP ask about efficient decks against a heavy spell list and how to approach the match. That leads to a nice discussion and helps other players at the same time. There's nothing wrong with heavy control decks in the aggregate as long as the other extreme of the totem pole (point slam) is sufficient enough a counter for them.

The meta is actually very healthy right now after the Dettlaff nerf. I could readily admit that I wasn't a fan of his changes but it definitely introduced more variety on ladder. And that's the key as another poster mentioned on this thread: variety is best.

What I would have rather seen is the OP ask about efficient decks against a heavy spell list and how to approach the match. That leads to a nice discussion and helps other players at the same time.

That's actually a good idea for a thread: "Meta/Deck builds discussion". Instead of constantly asking for nerfs, it would be much better if we help each other understand cards/decks and make gaming experience less frustrating against certain decks.

Top Bottom