[tools] radish modding tools for quest creation

+
Hello everybody,

a trailer for the radish community modding tools:

it oversells.. but oh well...

radish.tools.png

radish modding tools are a collection of (some already known and some new) in-game mods and external tools aimed to enable the creation of new quests by modders.

Although only a smallish subset of all possible features is supported it *should* allow to create non-trivial, story-based quests - just don't expect clicky-pointy-done workflows.

Overall the current version of the tools seems to work (it could be considered a beta) but there are still some things to fix.

Some of these tools were already published on nexusmods some time ago, e.g. the scene encoder, speech tools as well as storyboard ui and envui. However they got some fixes and new (minor or major) features added. So in the following days (depending on my free time) I will update the respective nexusmods pages.

The whole radish modding tools pack including the quest related stuff will be published at nexusmods, too - after I work out the most pressing bugs.

But should someone entertain the idea to create quest mods: this was the hint to start the required planning...

Update: >> Radish tools are now online. <<

Thx go once again to @erxv for hosting/testing (but not for the continuous nagging ;))
---
One more thing...

just to be clear.. my encoders are just unlocking the doors - the heavy lifting is done by wcc lite...ools

p.s. @erxv patched the swf...

Last edited:
Great news! This might finally make some retired modders return seriously to the W3 scene!

What a Breakthrough!
i really hope this will get the attention it deservers upon release.
so maybe it can attrack some new folks to witcher 3 modding, to actually utilize these tools.

@erxv certainly does the command script to use these tools,
as I understand it, all rmemr tools will be in one and with new features?

radish community modding tools:
Hey,
can you tell/will there be some functionality description - like what it can do?
The new map is a real thing, or is it some sort of hack from your side, not available to mortals?

Sorry for these questions, I am not kinda familiar with the original tools.

Best of luck, this is completely breathtaking for me :)

Damn incredible.You should post the tools on nexus if you can.
I hope modders will come back in w3.We need new locations to explore

I installed it, but how should we use it?
the list of orders please.

radish modding tools
Post automatically merged:

how to delimit an area (worldPoints) ?

Last edited:
I installed it, but how should we use it?
the list of orders please.
how to delimit an area (worldPoints) ?

Currently the tools are not posted - only an example project setup to get familiar with the build pipeline and get a feeling for the definitions. You'll have to wait until the encoders are published to generate the example project into the example quest mod.

@erxv certainly does the command script to use these tools,
as I understand it, all rmemr tools will be in one and with new features?
No, this will stay as a collection of standalone tools to reduce the complexity of the tools by decoupling into task-specific encoders and to allow other build pipelines/GUIs/etc. to use the commandline encoders.

For example @rfuzzo is adding support to his wcc gui for the radish build pipeline/the encoders.

Hey,
can you tell/will there be some functionality description - like what it can do?
The new map is a real thing, or is it some sort of hack from your side, not available to mortals?

I setup a preliminary nexusmods page and posted a short description what tools will be part of the package (including more screenshots) and what their respective purpose (roughly) is. It's difficult to summarize, though... many possible avenues are opened now...

As for new custom area hubs: yes those are real and no hack, thanks to wcc lite. The encoder generates the necessary files from a heightmap, a colormap, two texture referencing maps (background and overlay) and some textual definitions.

Heightmaps can be exported from many terrain building tools (even from a blender (orthographic) rendering of a 3D terrain), colormaps can be drawn, texture referencing maps are more tricky - but depending on your qualitative requirements also doable.

The above nexusmods page contains the full project setup of the example quest with a new hub (although a very simple one) and its definition. You can check it out and decide for yourself if it's doable :)

Last edited:
Just to add to this, rmemr and I are working on a user-friendly interface for the tools - in fact, it will be a combined UI for the official Modkit and the Radish Tools with support to
- both individually call the specific commands (w3strings and quest encoder, cook, pack etc)
- and fully-automated workflows (like the ones rmemr used in his examples)
- as well as the option to make your own custom workflows.

some pictures of some dev versions:
2019_04_09_13_46_51_.png

2019-04-09 19_21_21-.png

I know its never happen, but what if CD Red would share content from Wild Hunt which one was cut out from game before release. Game have so many places, objects and NPC which have no own story. Now when community have tool that help create own quests those materials can make game looks more complicate and complete, like it planned to be.
Like i said its only my thought, but...

Well the mod is released but I don't see something new already.
I really hope some skilled modders heard about this and come back at W3.
I don't know anything about modding so sorry if I sound like a noob but with these tools can we do something with the world across the invissible barrier? I mean the map can be huge if we fix the broken terrain, veg and add something there

Top Bottom