Tall Unit Removals (Geralt etc.) vs Shield

+
Hello. I was just thinking, Shield mechanic -while being a nice addition- is currently underwhelming. You can definitely feel this, for instance, when using Eredin's ability on your Imlerith for example. Your opponent will just smash a Geralt or another similar card.

So, what if "destroy 8+ unit" abilities reworked as following;

"Remove a unit's shield and deal 4 damage to it. If it doesn't have a shield and has 8 or more power, destroy it instead."

So your Geralt (and similiar cards) now has a possible use when enemy don't have tall unit (although cannot target units without a shield and below 8). But if my tall unit has a shield, it only loses shield and takes 4 damage. I think it is fair, but what do i know.

Off the topic bonus:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
New Eredin sucks
You know it's true (buff him to +5 point + shield)

Sorry i can only post on Technical Forums for now.

Last edited:

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
You don't want to rewrite other cards to take shield into account, but rather want to rewrite shield to take other cards into account.

If you want to change Shield, you also need to look at Immunity and maybe introduce Armor to the game. There are various possibilities here, but they should be limited to the aforementioned.

If you want to change Shield, you also need to look at Immunity and maybe introduce Armor to the game. There are various possibilities here, but they should be limited to the aforementioned.

How about both? Remove Shield and Immunity and replace them with Armor.

I'm honestly glad they're moving away from Immunity. Anyway, idk about changing Geralt or Leo for that matter. Shields are pretty great against people who just want to destroy everything you put down. Eredin definitely got a very big change... but now that I think about it, it can be paired up with a lot of powerful finisher cards to protect them from damage. So I can't really say what my opinion is on Eredin specifically but I generally like Shields in NR.

For Christ sake immunity is the only thing that keeps everyone from damaging every unit every turn! It's pathetic that every deck is just removal/lock/removal!

Why don't they just add "Play a card and damage another card by 1" to the game...

I played an Eredin boosted Syanna that was then deleted by a Dryad Ranger. Maybe my opponent snuck a poison in while I wasn't looking? It looked like they played the Dryad Ranger from a special card or maybe their leader and then pinged the shield and then Syanna died. Im just wondering what type of attack and status does shield protect against, and from who. Do statuses stack along side each other?

Im just wondering what type of attack and status does shield protect against, and from who.

Shield only protects against the first source of damage. Not against statuses, like Poison, or insta-kills, like Leo Bonhart or Scorch

Do statuses stack along side each other?

All statuses can stack (with the exception of Vitality and Bleed, which cancel each other out). There is even an achievement for having 5 on the same unit at one time: Lock, Shield, Immune, Resilience, Poison and either Vitality or Bleed.

Okay, so if a card has both shield and poison they will both be visible on the card at the same time?

Okay, so if a card has both shield and poison they will both be visible on the card at the same time?

Status.JPG

hmm than something must have happened because I have eyes like an eagle.
As you said he probably played one poison unit from his leader and one from hand, since one of them also does 2 dmg it took the shield away which doesn't really matter as the unit was going to die from poison anyway.

So be it. I ran a 6 minute mile this morning before breakfast so I have the endurance to push through my disappointment.

Top Bottom