Witcher Expansion

+
We are Witcher fan bois!

There are currently 20 Witchers in the game. 14 Neutral, 5 NG, and 1 NR. Most of them are unplayable! First there's Lambert: Swordmaster. Second the witcher trio which was recently nerfed. Lastly, most of them are very situational/conditional like Ciri. The only playable witchers are the NG/Viper witchers, Geralt's versions, and rarely Kiyan (if the player wants to build old school super charged Kiyan).

It would be nice if the devs rework some of the witchers where in they are playable for some factions/build but not auto-include. Maybe something like a 25% or less include/play rate. Also, complete Geralt's sign versions already. Since most of Geralt's version are for tall counters, Quen can be an engine support:

Geralt: Quen
Power: 4 or 5 Provisions: 11
Ability: Deploy. Give adjacent units Shield. Everytime an ally Shield is destroyed, damage a random enemy unit by 1.

Geralt: Axii
Power: 2 Provisions: 11 or 12
Ability: Deploy. Seize an enemy unit with 3 or less power then damage an enemy by the seized enemy's power.
Not necessarily a tall removal but has the same tempo.

Add more witchers! There are some notable witcher characters (both canon and non-canon) like Leo, Gerd, Jad Karadin, Gaetan, Brehen, George of Kagen, Merten, etc......

I welcome this idea, been thinking about this myself today. Gaetan, specifically. Additional new Witchers from the Viper school and bear school sound great too to me since I am a big fan of both of those schools. Here some great art I found on the internet:
witcher-art-school-5.jpg

And how did you forget to mention Coën?:coolstory:
kacper-gawel-kg-gwent-contest-coen-v05.jpg

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous that at the moment, there are more witcher units than ever in Gwent, yet they're in a terrible state (with the exception of NG witchers, like OP mentioned)

Back in the old days, there already was a Quen special card, but it wasnt associated with Geralt, but it worked exactly like the shields we have now. Example: (please dont look at the points difference...)
shield example.jpg

Also, Geralt Scorch needs a buff, he was nerfed so many times that now nobody uses him anymore, and i fear he'll be in that infamous 'once-OP, now trash' club forever.

And dont even get me started on the witcher trio... i thought they were already kinda weak, but since the pro players used them, everyone still used them too, but CDPR took it to the extremes with the nerf.

Heh, I remember seeing at least half a dozen suggestions for a Geralt: Axii card over the course of the beta(s). And I would definitely like to see it become a real thing.

I find Eskel: Pathfinder and Vesemir: Mentor to be pretty good cards, along with "basic" Ciri. But, I'm a mediocre player at best.
Anyway, there's definitely room for more witchers in the Witcher card game!

is weird that a witcher card game has no good witcher decks
the dev almost nerfed all of the witcher plus the comander that prevoiusly was able to summon vesemir and doblue is power effect it cant summon witchers any more . there are some good gerald cards but the rest is very weak
do you agree ?
thx for your comments

I would definitely like to see 2 more Geralts to complete the signs. Especially Axii since it could synergize with Ardal & assimilate.

They also need to bring the trio back in some shape or form. A good idea would be to keep their thinning capabilities but make it more conditional.

Something like: if you control less units than the opponent, summon the 2 other wtichers from your deck to the same row.

That slightly reduces the proactive nature of the trio as you can't open up a round with them on blue coin and it keeps them competitively viable.

I would definitely like to see 2 more Geralts to complete the signs. Especially Axii since it could synergize with Ardal & assimilate.

They also need to bring the trio back in some shape or form. A good idea would be to keep their thinning capabilities but make it more conditional.

Something like: if you control less units than the opponent, summon the 2 other wtichers from your deck to the same row.

That slightly reduces the proactive nature of the trio as you can't open up a round with them on blue coin and it keeps them competitively viable.

I think that can still be used as a opener and it also favors red coin. How about "After 2 turns, on turn end, summon the remaining 2 witchers".

For the witchers trio imo either the increase of provision by 1 OR the decrease of strengh was enough. The 2 is overkill.

I was having the same idea about geralt:Quen and Axii. Looks nice! I wouldn't put any damaging effect though. Specially not for axii. Take 3 on one side, add 3 on the other is already 6 + body. 2 strengh, 12 provisions and he's 2 power switch less than muzzle but doesn't lock!
For Quen it could also give an ally and all copies of it a shield (kind of like in the beta). Would be less like the palisade. Or "Order: gain a shield" with some charges or a cooldown, that'd provide some synergy with shield or self damage over several turns?

I think that can still be used as a opener and it also favors red coin. How about "After 2 turns, on turn end, summon the remaining 2 witchers".

A little underwhelming if they put them back to 3 strength (too vulnerable). If they were to put them to 4 strength then this would be a pretty good idea.

How about "If there's a witcher on this row, summon the remaining 2 witchers"?
Something like the volunteers...

The problem I found with witcher trio is that while great for thinning, they often required to sacrifice a mulligan in r1 for fear of getting bricked.
Maybe keep the current value but change the ability to "summon <other witchers> from your deck or hand, if summoned from hand, draw a card.

So you still pay a ton of provisions for thinning, but at least you get to play your mulligans.

How about 3 power and "at the end of the turn, summon lambert or vesemir" (for eskel for example). You have one summon/thin for sure and the opponent has the occasion to respond before the 3rd

Top Bottom