GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
I read somewhere that the NG faction is getting an update or some balance changes soon. Is this true? Is there anywhere I can get an idea of what the Dev team is planning on changing?

NG will see some changes at the end of the month.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered)

Recently reached pro rank, it would be nice to get the "Grand Master" title or Some nice cosmetics

Hopefully in the near future there will be more game modes for casual players like 2 vs 2, 2 vs AI, or events like mahakem Ale Festival in the past.

Hi,
I would like to ask if CDPR is aware of a random element distribution bug.
Exaple of such behavior is "Knighthood" interaction. The outcome is skewed towards first unit affected by random effect. What happened today is Tridam Infantry getting buffed 6 times in a row on board of 3 units which is roughly 0.001 chance.
This situation occured in two games in a row which makes it even more ridiculous.

Also, this thread came up recently on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/bavy9n

Hey Burza!

CC Expansion has been great so far. Do you have any plans for a premium weekend soon, perhaps for CC kegs? ;)

CC Expansion has been great so far. Do you have any plans for a premium weekend soon, perhaps for CC kegs? ;)

I am feeling creative today. So, instead of the usual, I'll use an image, instead:

dupe.png

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

@abelthorne

Post moved to the discussion thread because it's not a question for the devs.

@realjokata

Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has been answered by the devs. Let's wait for an official announcement first.

Any plans on changing the game's trophies/achievements, then? I don't know about PC, but on console there's one that requires obtaining 150 premium cards. Without premium keg weekends, unlocking that is going to be next to impossible for newer players.

That's why it's called "achievement".

Any plans on changing the game's trophies/achievements, then? I don't know about PC, but on console there's one that requires obtaining 150 premium cards. Without premium keg weekends, unlocking that is going to be next to impossible for newer players.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, no. In the eyes of any reasonable person, achievements are meant to be based on gameplay within the player's control (player skill being the biggie 99.99% of the time).

Achievements based on pure RNG and/or a person spending real world money, though? Those are straight up garbage. Always have been, always will be. Without premium keg weekends or some other way to unlock premiums in a reasonable manner, that's exactly what that achievement will be for newer players.

Edit: I have no idea why my post was forced to merge like this.

naw, you need long term and short term achievements, everything shouldn't be handed to you.

there are quite a few of achievements that take a while to grind out and this became one of them.

don't want to rely on rng? then save up your kegs and grind up to prestige 5 and then open them. don't want to grind up to prestige 5? then work on one of the many other achievements/contracts that will be easier to attain.

Simple question about gameplay:

(Skellige faction)

When you have 10 cards in your hand and you play Birna first, she draws 2 cards, but your hand already have 9 cards... so the last card drawn by Birna is destroyed and you must discard 2 cards from your hand... so after this move, you lose a card (destroyed because your hand had 9 cards) and you lose the card advantage if you won the first round... so your opponent will have the last say because of this.

Is this behavior intentional? or is this an error that has not been fixed since the mulligan update? because the destroyed card acts in the same way as when you had a full hand
Of course it's the intended behaviour. You can't go over 10 cards, not matter what, and birna draws before discarding as stated in her text.

Got an email asking me to give gwent again, after doing so i felt the need to post on how much I disliked it, I don't know what happened to it from when i last played it but it clearly was not good. What happened to the gwent i remember?

Hello,

I have a question about time management during a match.

The current situation is that you have a limit amount of time to play each card. This time is reinitialized per turn.

In order to have more dynamic matchs, would it be possible to have a total limit of time per round (or per match) ? Like during chess game. Each time elapsed during a turn would be removed from the total time.

It would avoid player waiting the total time per turn (which is suite annoying)

Thanks !

B.

No please... try to play Northern Realms decks with a lot of units with orders and you will see... or play seasonal, sometimes the timer is not enough with some decks or some strategies. Some examples: Vysogota (with a lot of charges) + Jaskier + Tridam Infantry as finisher or Demavend decks with Bloody Baron + Kyran or Foltest's Pride as finishers.

Guest 4344268

Hi Burza,

Low-unit artifact/spell decks are starting to creep onto pro ladder and are really killing the fun factor. These decks are almost completely uninteractive and exploit the game's immune mechanic in ways the devs may not have foreseen or intended. I really hope you guys can implement a solution since these decks negate any skilled counterplay and are just not good for the game.

Top Bottom