Question about forfeiting

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, I tried my best to find a suiting subforum. Feel free to move this wherever it is more suitable!

There's a behaviour that I try to understand, so I hope some kind soul can answer it. I face it a lot in season mode, not so much in standard and never in ranked. I'm experimenting a lot with decks and one of these decks happens to be quite effective with bronze cards. R1 starts and I slowly grow in strength, while the opponent draws gold card after gold card, most often cards with high strength values plus some ability. Since some combos with the bronze cards I play are very effective in terms of attacking cards, I stand my ground, and at around the 6th turn of R1 I get in the lead.

That's the point where many players forfeit. So early in the game! I don't understand that. It isn't even sure that I'll win R1, let alone R2 or 3. This behaviour mostly comes from higher level players, like 8 times 60 and such. Is it that they are too bored if their tactic doesn't play well right from the beginning? I played a few games against beginners, but they didn't give up and in the end won a round or even two. So I'm really confused.

What is the motivation for this behaviour. If you are a player acting similar, I'd really appreciate an answer. Curiosity killed the cat, you know? :)

What is the motivation for this behaviour. If you are a player acting similar, I'd really appreciate an answer. Curiosity killed the cat, you know?

Players are just looking to complete their (seasonal) contracts as soon as possible. That's all, really.

layers are just looking to complete their (seasonal) contracts as soon as possible. That's all, really.
Ah, ok. But couldn't they just forfeit earlier then? I'm always disappointed, because I like the thrill of the game, and then all of a sudden it's over. And it doesn't feel like I earned the victory.
Post automatically merged:

Reading my answer I feel like I omitted, why I'm triggered in the first place. It is that it only happens with this one deck. Svalblod/Biest, Crach/Pirate, the typical ST deck, Monsters in two variations, etc. It never happened with them. But I'm also aware now that probably nobody can answer my question satisfying, unless you were one of those players. The chance for that to happen is minimal, so maybe this thread can go to the graveyard (if you mods have something like that).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom