Opponent "Connection Lost" -- Instant forfeit please

+
Salty opponents not giving a GG is petty.
But opponents who "lose connection" instead of just forfeiting are worse. If someone has indeed lost connection, have their timer do the countdown thing where it will burn their cards at faster and faster rates, or just make it an instant forfeit.

It's very annoying to be forced to have your whole UI get hijacked and blurred, with the connection lost message on the forefront. I don't care. Let me at least look at my cards, or end the match when you've decided they're completely gone.

[Player's username removed. -Drac]

I understand the "no naming and shaming", but in this player's case, their racist name needs to be addressed, and with a simple name change it would no longer be applicable. I wouldn't have posted it if there was an option to report a player's name in game. In any case, my original point stands.

Last edited:
Salty opponents not giving a GG is petty.
But opponents who "lose connection" instead of just forfeiting are worse. If someone has indeed lost connection, have their timer do the countdown thing where it will burn their cards at faster and faster rates, or just make it an instant forfeit.

It's very annoying to be forced to have your whole UI get hijacked and blurred, with the connection lost message on the forefront. I don't care. Let me at least look at my cards, or end the match when you've decided they're completely gone.

[Player's username removed. -Drac]

I understand the "no naming and shaming", but in this player's case, their racist name needs to be addressed, and with a simple name change it would no longer be applicable. I wouldn't have posted it if there was an option to report a player's name in game. In any case, my original point stands.

People have the option to not GG if they don't feel it was a good game, chances are you are playing the same tired op deck as everyone else which is why you probably aren't getting a GG. The timer is fine..they already made it better and I think they got much more important things to do.

[Edited. -Drac]

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that it can be annoying when a player "accidentally" loses connection right when it becomes clear the game is lost.
I myself don't care much about it, because you never know if there really isn't a lost connection. Forfeiting is a bigger issue, especially if people have to do a quest that requires the other player not to forfeit.

But GG? Come on, man, it's not a feature you have the right to receive. It's the other way round. You have the right to send a GG. I do it pretty much always, no matter how the game ended. I just like my opponent to know that I appreciate playing against him/her. But others may keep it for the really good matches. And that's totally fine!

Not sure what everyone is commenting on GG's for.

chances are you are playing the same tired op deck as everyone else which is why you probably aren't getting a GG

Chances are that you're making sweeping assumptions about my decks... not that playing a certain deck should be criteria for a gg or not. In Gwent, you can predict mostly what your opponent has and how they will play based on their leader and first few cards they put out. There are very few surprising outcomes in that regard, but it's all in how someone builds their own combo, baiting out the opponent/reacting to their plays. When I beat someone using vampire/blood moon (I've never seen anyone play that online yet) and win in the last round, not getting a GG is certainly not to me using recycled ideas.

But GG? Come on, man, it's not a feature you have the right to receive. It's the other way round. You have the right to send a GG.

Thank you for explaining that. But I never said it was my right to receive it...
You essentially have the same outlook on it as myself. When a match goes into the third round and finishes within 5 points, that's a good game. Thus people who refuse to send their opponent a GG after when it costs them nothing are petty.

Regardless, my whole post was about players abusing disconnect. One of my main gripes was the fact that it hijacks your whole screen. In Hearthstone you can still look your cards over and are none the wiser to what's going on until it says "Your opponent left".

Been saying it for 2 years. Nothing done about it.

If you live in country x and your opponent country z the distance might be 1000s of miles. You will see the connection failing throughout the match

But if your opponent loses connection and it's surprising and at a key point in the game. They have disabled the internet.

Thank you for explaining that. But I never said it was my right to receive it...
You essentially have the same outlook on it as myself. When a match goes into the third round and finishes within 5 points, that's a good game. Thus people who refuse to send their opponent a GG after when it costs them nothing are petty.
What you consider a good game isn't automatically what your opponent considers a good game. Wether you get a GG or not has nothing to do with your opponent's character. How you interpret a missing GG however is solely based on your own psyche.
Regardless, my whole post was about players abusing disconnect. One of my main gripes was the fact that it hijacks your whole screen. In Hearthstone you can still look your cards over and are none the wiser to what's going on until it says "Your opponent left".
I like this proposal a lot. I wouldn't mind going through my deck while waiting.

Why is this still a thing? Is there a benefit for doing this when a game isn't going your way? Why does this happen so often versus a Nilfgaard opponent? It's just uncool to rage-quit while you could e.g. just forfeit. As a poet once said 'hate the game, not the player'.

Why is this still a thing? Is there a benefit for doing this when a game isn't going your way? Why does this happen so often versus a Nilfgaard opponent? It's just uncool to rage-quit while you could e.g. just forfeit. As a poet once said 'hate the game, not the player'.
I believe it's an XP thing. By forfeiting you lose all XP for the current round. So this waste of opponent's time is equivalent to just passing, but, perhaps, with an element of "punishment" for the opponent who somehow totally pissed you off. People who play on mobile devices say they put their phones in "flight mode" for that.

As one who plays on IPhone, I know there are a lot of legitimate reasons to get a brief disconnect. Receiving a call or text (even if not answered), moving from one WiFi node to another, etc. And unlike PC users, I can’t open more than one Window at a time if I need to address another phone issue (like checking a text, turning off an alarm, checking battery power, checking time, etc.

And then there are disconnects that seem to have nothing to do with me and are caused, I believe, by the Gwent servers themselves.

It takes maybe 30 seconds before a disconnect translates into a win or loss. A little bit of patience is in order.

Hey, quote me on that!

No matter the reason behind the disconnect, to have " your whole UI get hijacked and blurred" yes, this is ridiculous.
While on the subject of internet connections, I'd like to know why Gwent, which is an ONLINE card game, does not have a reconnect button???????

Top Bottom