Suggestion: Change Anna Henrietta

+
Do it before she can steal it. My answer is yes. Besides other finishers like Hubert or Foltest Pride for example are safe if you play them late because you need sinergies to get value. Seriusly she's fine.
I can't take this as a serious answer. Sure, let's play Draug early, before she can grab it (whenever that is, because that's completely random). And let's play a 3 point Geralt before she can grab it. Her ability is OP against specific deck strategies, which makes her ability unbalanced (especially with Damien). When building decks, you shouldn't have to worry about encountering a leader that will give you (almost definitely) an auto-loss. Anna (and Usurper) very much seem to go in that direction, especially with Damien. This indirectly limits variation in deck building and that is not good for the game. And that's why variance in general needs to be properly addressed and reduced.
14 provisions for Damien please, and there is nothing wrong with Anna Henrietta. Those who complain about that are typically people with a "short engine" ending or some "special ending"
What's wrong with those decks? They have a right to be viable as well, without some leader or card almost completely shutting them down. Then you can auto-forfeit. Fun.

What's wrong with those decks? They have a right to be viable as well, without some leader or card almost completely shutting them down. Then you can auto-forfeit. Fun.

There is nothing wrong with those decks at all. But those are the people who will complain about Anna, just like tall unit boosters will complain about tall removal like Geralt, and boosters will complain about Yrden.

That's not what's healthy for the game, make objective observations instead of complaining about things that are bad for your particular deck, unless it is an objective issue with the game.

Besides, not ALL opponents you meet will be Anna.
Post automatically merged:

I can't take this as a serious answer. Sure, let's play Draug early, before she can grab it (whenever that is, because that's completely random). And let's play a 3 point Geralt before she can grab it. Her ability is OP against specific deck strategies, which makes her ability unbalanced (especially with Damien).

Every deck is overpowered and underpowered against other specific types of decks. That's a good thing about the game actually. If you have an issue with that, perhaps create a more generic, multi strategy deck.

There is nothing wrong with those decks at all. But those are the people who will complain about Anna, just like tall unit boosters will complain about tall removal like Geralt, and boosters will complain about Yrden.
Ok, but that's then stating the obvious isn't it? Geralt is a card, not a leader ability that can reveal your final strategy and copy and play one of your cards that fits best. Quite different.
Every deck is overpowered and underpowered against other specific types of decks. That's a good thing about the game actually. If you have an issue with that, perhaps create a more generic, multi strategy deck.
There needs to be balance. You don't want a situation where you can just auto-forfeit because you know you will never win a particular match-up. That is bad for the game. And you are confirming the point I was making by saying to create a "generic" deck (to not get slammed by a possible Anna or Usurper): Reducing interesting variation in deck building, also bad for the game.

Ok, but that's then stating the obvious isn't it? Geralt is a card, not a leader ability that can reveal your final strategy and copy and play one of your cards that fits best. Quite different.
There needs to be balance. You don't want a situation where you can just auto-forfeit because you know you will never win a particular match-up. That is bad for the game. And you are confirming the point I was making by saying to create a "generic" deck (to not get slammed by a possible Anna or Usurper): Reducing interesting variation in deck building, also bad for the game.

I never claimed or made a point of them being the same thing, I just said different people with different decks complain about X or Y due to it being bad for their deck.

One deck is not going to be good against all decks, all decks have weaknesses and strengths. What you seem to suggest is to remove decks to make sure your deck can be good against all type of decks, despite it not being a very generic deck. If you can't play Anna or Usurper, that's your problem.

When you build your deck you have to consider what kind of decks you will meet, and the variety is rather huge. There are what, 30 leaders? And how many different cards? 500? 700? 800?

One deck is not going to be good against all decks, all decks have weaknesses and strengths. What you seem to suggest is to remove decks to make sure your deck can be good against all type of decks, despite it not being a very generic deck. If you can't play Anna or Usurper, that's your problem.
Remove decks? That sounds silly and is certainly not what I'm proposing. I believe the variance of Anna needs to be reduced. This variance is aggravated by Damien. Variance reduction is balancing. Same as what I proposed in other topics.

Top Bottom