Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, CP77 will release on current gen system. they are not going to give up 150 million potential sales just so the game can run like a dream on nexgen systems. the time frame we are looking at is fall 2019 to spring 2020.

HOWEVER, i find it kinda odd that they will not flat out say its coming for current gen systems, instead they use words like "goal" and "aiming for" which kinda makes you wonder a bit.

There is a third alternative, the game is Xbox One X and PS4 Pro exclusive. This is kinda unlikely but I'm putting it out there.

But what if they only release it on next gen, Garrison???

THey wouldnt of posted release manager position if it wasnt highly likly to be done in next 6-8 months. with potential for 3-4 more if some major problems come up that has to deal with. ontop of that with the stock projections going threw roof in Jan it would imply that the analysts have information that would imply a release on or before jan 2020 at time they made the projection.
Post automatically merged:

PS5 will be backward compatible as ps4 pro is, you won't need to buy the game twice (same for xbox). Plus, people didn't stop buying games on ps3 because ps4 was coming.
current estimates are guessing ps5 will be in the $550-600 or more price range given its already been offically confirmed that the cpu alone is $350. so people likely will stick with ps4 well past the ps5 release and save up income tax return or more to get it

Last edited:
THey wouldnt of posted release manager position if it wasnt highly likly to be done in next 6-8 months.
CDPR hires Release Managers as a full-time employees, they already have two working for them and they were doing that job since 2016 and 2017 respectively. While them looking for an additional Release Manager might be a sign of them expanding the team before upcoming release, it doesn't indicate anything, because they already have other people on that position hired a long time before any of the releases of their other games.

I don't think that CDPR, considering the way it cares about it's image, will dare to release before PS5 launch because of this.
The PS5 release is a huge factor in 2077 release date.
I dont think it would be the same at all, especially since PS5 is reported to be backwards compatible with PS4. Also, Rockstar's reputation still seems pretty stellar 6 years later.

Also, Rockstar's reputation still seems pretty stellar 6 years later.
Well, with exception of Shark Cards for GTA Online and overly expensive microtransactions in Red Dead Redemption 2 Online, which got them some ire, I guess so. But that's beside the point anyway.

Of course, now with backward compatibility for PS5, people who bought the game for PS4 don't have to worry about being forced to buy the game twice after switching to the new console. The only question are potential free next gen upgrades, but since Sony and Microsoft allowed them for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X in case of The Witcher 3, I don't think that should pose any problems... unless they come up with some stupid regulations regarding that.

It then fell throughout fall, but only so far as it's (at the time) record high April price. This was GWENT-related.

You aren't basing your statement on fact or data of any kind as far as I can tell.

CDPR stock is doing wonderfully.

View attachment 10998631

I agree.
My bad for not posting pics as you did, and specially for not considering other CDPR releases.
But tell me, considering what you just wrote...
How does a clear static long term circles half year drop of stock price, and then after that a half year recovery, until it reaches ALMOST YET NOT FULLY august 28 high these days, match your statement ?
One of us is clearly struggling interpreting basic chart lines and 3 figure numbers ...

Last edited:
I agree.
My bad for not posting pics as you did, and specially for not considering other CDPR releases.
But tell me, considering what you just wrote...
How does a clear static long term circles half year drop of stock price, and then after that a half year recovery, until it reaches ALMOST YET NOT FULLY august 28 high these days, match your statement ?
One of us is clearly struggling interpreting basic chart lines and 3 figure numbers ...

Not sure what you're getting at. The fact that the stocks are almost at demo level in Aug 28, should tell you how well CP2077 is hyped up. We havent really had any new info, and E3 isnt here yet. Once that hits, I'd bet we'll easily pass the previous high.

been in pre-production since 2012, half team production since 2015 and full team production since 2017 . its done.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 19.03.15.png

RIP all other games coming out fall 2019.

been in pre-production since 2012, half team production since 2015 and full team production since 2017 . its done.

View attachment 11000146

RIP all other games coming out fall 2019.
It's still just a speculation. Of course, the identity of the poster was verified, but the fact alone that Alienware might announce a new hardware when CDPR will officially announce a release date for Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't mean they will both come out at the same time or this year. However I will admit I have no insight about how much in advance this kind of partnership is usually announced.

It's still just a speculation. Of course, the identity of the poster was verified, but the fact alone that Alienware might announce a new hardware when CDPR will officially announce a release date for Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't mean they will both come out at the same time or this year. However I will admit I have no insight about how much in advance this kind of partnership is usually announced.

true but we can say for sure that the release date is leaning more towards fall 2019 than spring 2020 now.

Ok, if it's released in 2019 I'll be extremely happy (even if my prediction was wrong) not only because we'll be able to play the game soon (that's obvious), but in particular because looking at fall/holidays line-up, I don't see any big AAA I'm interested in. There's some games I look with interest (control, the outer worlds, I'd like to say jedi fallen order but it's EA's, dying lights 2???) but I need some huge (50+ hours of great quality) game that can seriously fight for the GOTY and so far I don't see any real candidate: I want the game that everybody knows will be "the masterpiece of 2019" like GOW and RDR2 were last year and Zelda BotW the year before. 24 days and we'll know.

P.S. even if everything is true, how do we know that the alienware laptop will be released in 2019? They do training only for hardware coming soon? :shrug: (it actually makes sense)

Ok, if it's released in 2019 I'll be extremely happy (even if my prediction was wrong) not only because we'll be able to play the game soon (that's obvious), but in particular because looking at fall/holidays line-up, I don't see any big AAA I'm interested in. There's some games I look with interest (control, the outer worlds, I'd like to say jedi fallen order but it's EA's, dying lights 2???) but I need some huge (50+ hours of great quality) game that can seriously fight for the GOTY and so far I don't see any real candidate: I want the game that everybody knows will be "the masterpiece of 2019" like GOW and RDR2 were last year and Zelda BotW the year before. 24 days and we'll know.

P.S. even if everything is true, how do we know that the alienware laptop will be released in 2019? They do training only for hardware coming soon? :shrug: (it actually makes sense)

The alienware 'leak' intimated that the laptop was set for a 2019 release.

Yes and thats the speculative part. The alienware laptop releasing in 2019 only reflects upon Cyberpunk 2077 if it is meant to release alongside the game.

last year they said the whole game is playable from start to end. its done.

I think they just meant the story or core game etc. They were still adding content to the game when that statement was made.

That said, I do imagine this thing is done or almost done by now. And that a late 2019 release is likely.

I agree, CP77 will release on current gen system. they are not going to give up 150 million potential sales just so the game can run like a dream on nexgen systems. the time frame we are looking at is fall 2019 to spring 2020.

HOWEVER, i find it kinda odd that they will not flat out say its coming for current gen systems, instead they use words like "goal" and "aiming for" which kinda makes you wonder a bit.

There is a third alternative, the game is Xbox One X and PS4 Pro exclusive. This is kinda unlikely but I'm putting it out there.

Its already confirned current gen, and confirmed that the base current gen consoles can manage.

Last edited:
last year they said the whole game is playable from start to end. its done.
The entire game is playable from start to finish. It doesn't have all of the proper assets, playtesting or bug fixes in place, but seeing the story come together is a critical step in the development process, Borzymowski said
is the actual quote from the article, and notably the line is not in quotations, so they are paraphrasing a bit. CDPR also said about this later in response to a question about the quote:

Łukasz Kucharski (PAP): [F]ive months have passed since E3; in the meantime there has been a rumor that the Cyberpunk campaign is already playable in its entirety. Can you say anything about which elements of the game you’re working on right now, and tell us about the status of this work?

Adam Kiciński (CEO): We are fleshing out the game world. The comment regarding the game’s campaign, yes, it was true at the time it appeared, however not all of the game looked like the fragments showcased at E3 and gamescom; a large part was not quite as detailed. We are filling the world with content and tweaking things, and this involves a great deal of hard work on the part of developers. What I can say today is that we’re progressing fast and according to plan. When we finish, there’s also the hugely important phase of polishing all that game content. There was a question about the quality of the game we plan to deliver at launch and our intention is to deliver something of great quality. Once the game is complete, we can begin to patch various bugs, both major and minor, and we are setting aside time to complete this process.
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...projekt-group-teleconference-transcript-1.pdf

So it wasn't feature complete as of November 2018. To get from there to Gold in 13 months in an open world game would be quite an accomplishment.

is the actual quote from the article, and notably the line is not in quotations, so they are paraphrasing a bit. CDPR also said about this later in response to a question about the quote:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-con...projekt-group-teleconference-transcript-1.pdf

So it wasn't feature complete as of November 2018. To get from there to Gold in 13 months in an open world game would be quite an accomplishment.

13 months is not a small amount of time for a game thats adding side content. You also have to consider, we dont know how far along they were in that process at the time of the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom