Season of the Viper

+

Time to get our hands dirty… Season of the Viper is now live!

In this month’s seasonal mode:
  • Whenever a unit is damaged by another unit or itself, give the damaged unit Bleeding with a duration equal to the damage amount.
  • Whenever a unit is boosted by another unit or itself, give the boosted unit Vitality with a duration equal to the boost amount.

Season of the Viper will last until Thursday, May 30th, 10 AM CEST.

Here’s our chance.

i wondered what seasonal mode could possibly match up to 'Season Of The Elves' , but this seems cool as well. time to go make a bleeding and boost deck

I read "by another unit" so I assume a turn-tick of bleeding or vitality from a non-unit card, example: Undying Thirst, or Dryad's Caress doesn't count. What about bleeding or vitality that comes from a unit originally? Example: Cutthroat? I assume this also doesn't count since the "state" of bleeding is issued at deployment, the turn goes over to opponent, and then at the end of that turn, the first tick of bleeding damage occurs if not purified or otherwise countered. Said another way, the damage was not done by the Cutthroat unit per se. The damage was done by the bleeding. Cutthroat simply issued the bleeding. If turn-ticks did count they would self-propagate forever.

Indeed, only damage or buffs from units. Specials and Artifacts do not count, as well as units that already give vitality or bleed.

Thrive and all the "boost self" mechanics also out since these are not boosts that were the result of explicit targeting by another card?

Thrive and all the "boost self" mechanics also out since these are not boosts that were the result of explicit targeting by another card?

I would assume Thrive works too. I have tested it with other units giving buffs automatically and those get Vitality. So, no explicit targeting is required.

Why i can't see seasonal tree in reward book?

P.S Fixed after restart.

Last edited:
some quests from the tree are sadly bugged ... Such as the vitality and the bleeding ones, witch seem not to be working....
Unless they only count when playing in non seasonnal mode ... gonna try , but it seems weird

DRK3

Forum veteran
Havent tried this seasonal mode (gonna try it now), i might be wrong, but at first it seems:

-Season of Bear Mode - Skellige is dominant
-Season of Elves Mode - Scoiatael is really good
-Season of the Viper Mode - Nilfgaard sucks at it (terrible at boosts and damages)

DRK3

Forum veteran
NG excelled at Elven season actually. :D Viper season suits more to ST or NR, because they do damage/boost pretty well.

Im aware, my assimilate contract says thanks to that mode...
I didnt even bother trying other factions on Season of Elves Mode, just used SC and NG.

And im using SK on this one, and its been doing well against a ton of Meves, but yeah NR and SC seem good too, and even MO has some crazy possibilities (seen one today)

Boost and damage!

I suspect damage will win this season. If that's even possible to calculate, pretty sure it will be. Good luck!

I want the Auckes avatar so bad. I hate that I have to wait for 3 Daily Quests... I'm having a lot success playing an NG tactics/soldier deck. It's so much fun.

:cry:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know these seasonal trees are supposed to keep us occupied for a month, trying to fill them, but that's just not my style...

I hoard RP in the months with seasons i dont care about (like Bears and Elves), so that when one i like comes... i fill it in less than 48 hours :shrug:

Final Viper Border - Got.jpg

Season of the Viper - Complete Reward Tree.jpg

Havent tried this seasonal mode (gonna try it now), i might be wrong, but at first it seems:

-Season of Bear Mode - Skellige is dominant
-Season of Elves Mode - Scoiatael is really good
-Season of the Viper Mode - Nilfgaard sucks at it (terrible at boosts and damages)

- Season of Bear Mode: Skellige was dominant. But everyone was able to outplay them with, for example NG Usurper.
- Season of Elves Mode: ST was good. NG with their new bronzes were better. In long rounds you had enough spy units on the board that the opponent wasnt able to play anymore units. Like 2-3 brick cards (if they were units).

--Season of the Viper Mode: Havent played it yet. But i must disagree with your damage statement. NG has MANY cards that do damage (FireScorpion, Touisaant Knight Errant, Slave Driver, Alba Spearman, Menagerie Keeper, Mangonel, Nauzicaa Brigade, ImperaEnforcers, Alba Pikeman, and now i wont count the gold cards.)
NG has also many cards that boost themselves (Magne Division , Nauzicaa Sergeant, Spotter, Emissary, Ducal Guard, Recruit, Standard Bearer, Combat Engineer, Imerial Diviner, Venendal Elite, leaving out golds here as well).

I know these seasonal trees are supposed to keep us occupied for a month, trying to fill them, but that's just not my style...

I hoard RP in the months with seasons i dont care about (like Bears and Elves), so that when one i like comes... i fill it in less than 48 hours :shrug:

View attachment 10999036
View attachment 10999039
I'm same. My seasons will be cat, wolf, bear. Sadly I was occupied IRL and missed first wolf, bear but come October I should have quite the nut stash saved up for cat. Also, like the idea of banking for next expansion. Felt a little behind the 8-ball with CC. So in the end, I guess the seasonal tree's actually keep us occupied ALL YEAR, since I'm preparing for October now.

DRK3

Forum veteran
@P3rsephone Yeah, my initial assessment wasnt the most accurate. Skellige and Monsters, which are (or were before this patch) dominant, are nowhere to be found on this seasonal mode, at least from my experience.

And that's for a reason - removal was nerfed and engines and buffs are coming back, on Season of Vipers mode im finding tons of Meves and Filavandrels, all focused on buffs that are hard to stop, because even if you lock its ability, the vitality still keeps going.

And yes, NG is pretty decent in the seasonal mode too, havent tried it myself but faced a few that worked well (even saw a Cahir, after months without seeing him played)
Post automatically merged:

I'm same. My seasons will be cat, wolf, bear. Sadly I was occupied IRL and missed first wolf, bear but come October I should have quite the nut stash saved up for cat. Also, like the idea of banking for next expansion. Felt a little behind the 8-ball with CC. So in the end, I guess the seasonal tree's actually keep us occupied ALL YEAR, since I'm preparing for October now.

Dont worry, you didnt missed season of the wolf because these seasonal modes, seasonal trinkets and seasonal trees only started in March, with Season of the Bear (that one you missed)

I wont have as long to prepare as you - next season will be Magic, which i think i'll like and i missed last year as i didnt play Gwent between June and September, waiting for Homecoming.

Top Bottom