Cannot Remove the Charge from Kaedweni Revenant

+
This is driving me crazy! Why does neither Kaedweni Cavalry nor Thaler remove the charge from Kaedweni Revenant? One could argue that for some reason it wouldn't be counted as a charge, but that would be immediately proved wrong by Falibor, who destroys Kaedweni Revenants just fine. You can't use an order without a charge, and the icon ("x1") clearly says that Kaedweni Revenant has a charge.

rrc

Forum veteran
Kaedweni Revenants don't have charge. They have an Order ability. While all Charges units are Order units, the converse is not true. (Just like all dogs are animals, but the converse is not true). So Falibor who can kill any Order unit can kill KR as they are just that. On top of that Falibor can kill units with charges too (since as charges units are Order units too).

There are three flavours of Order units:
Plain Vanilla Order units (Keadwini Revenant, Seltkirk, etc)
Cooldown Order units (Swordmaster, Pavko, etc.)
Charges Order units (Vyosgota, Foltest's Pride, etc.)

All of whom can be killed by Falibor.

Kaedweni Revenants don't have charge. They have an Order ability. While all Charges units are Order units, the converse is not true. (Just like all dogs are animals, but the converse is not true). So Falibor who can kill any Order unit can kill KR as they are just that. On top of that Falibor can kill units with charges too (since as charges units are Order units too).

There are three flavours of Order units:
Plain Vanilla Order units (Keadwini Revenant, Seltkirk, etc)
Cooldown Order units (Swordmaster, Pavko, etc.)
Charges Order units (Vyosgota, Foltest's Pride, etc.)

All of whom can be killed by Falibor.
Thank you! That makes it a lot easier to understand. And if I understand correctly, then Cavalry and Thaler can only act on the last category, right? They don't have the ability to shut down a cooldown, have they?

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc

rrc

Forum veteran
Thank you! That makes it a lot easier to understand. And if I understand correctly, then Cavalry and Thaler can only act on the last category, right? They don't have the ability to shut down a cooldown, have they?
You are correct. Cavalry and Thaler can only work with units having charges and are useless against Cooldown units (as well as plain vanilla order units). :cool:

You are correct. Cavalry and Thaler can only work with units having charges and are useless against Cooldown units (as well as plain vanilla order units). :cool:

Cavalry and Thaler are useless in general. I have almost 800h in Gwent and I've only seen one person use them. Of course without satisfactory result.

Those cards need a rework along with Lambert: Swordmaster, Ballista, etc.

i think it would be a good idea if Cavalry could also remove orders. (maybe for increased costs)
or generally: it would be nice if there would be some "order removal" cards. currently it is only possible to remove a card completly, but not just its order

Top Bottom