GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
I unlocked the Geralt avatar (rank 1) and lost a few games after, so I was wondering do I get rank 0 if I win another game after filling up the avatar or do I stay as rank one and have to play the other factions to unlock rank 0?

You can reach rank 0 by playing the same faction. The difference between rank 1 and 0 is only one win.

Can someone help me to understand crown points. As I understood, all accumulated crown points are going towards invitation for challenger #5, after which they reset and start accumulating again. But for what will they accumulate after that?
And at what season did crown points started counting towards challenger #5?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, is there any place when I could find the mmr levels for each rank? Sorry for this dump question, but I had been struggling to find it on my own for like past 15 minutes.

Hey, is there any place when I could find the mmr levels for each rank? Sorry for this dump question, but I had been struggling to find it on my own for like past 15 minutes.

MMR is no longer relevant for your rank. Instead, you have to get 5 mosaic pieces (by winning) for every rank until you reach rank 0. Then your MMR score decides your place on the leaderboard which is only important if you want to get into the top 500 for the achievement or push further to pro-tournaments.

I don't know if this is a question for "Tecnical", but:

Once a full year is over, do the same seasons return? (As it was before, but in Beta there were no seasonal trees)
If yes, will there be new seasonal trees, with new rewards?
Or will the same trees return, with – let's say – the same cardbacks as rewards?
And: If it will be the same trees, will they already be filled with the points I put in?

I hope it's clear what I mean! Thanks :)

Why when I try to add a third card deck is the Rider of the wild hunt I wrote You can't add more copies of this card. But it has 3 maps to be added because these cards are bronze.

Why when I try to add a third card deck is the Rider of the wild hunt I wrote You can't add more copies of this card. But it has 3 maps to be added because these cards are bronze.
You can only have two copies of Bronze cards now. That has been the case since the Homecoming update late last year.

(Post moved to a more appropriate thread.)

Does Dryad Matron need to move in order to buff the other unit? If she is already rightmost unit on the row she won't buff?

I noticed that there are is no longer a suggestion section among the tickets. They redirect to the forums, where I can't create a suggestion topic yet with less than 10 posts. Well, nobody seems to care about the ideas anyway, so I guess I go back to lurker mode. :shrug:

rrc

Forum veteran
I noticed that there are is no longer a suggestion section among the tickets. They redirect to the forums, where I can't create a suggestion topic yet with less than 10 posts. Well, nobody seems to care about the ideas anyway, so I guess I go back to lurker mode. :shrug:
Or, you can create a thread in Technical sub-section and call out help from Mods to move it to Suggestion sub-section. :smart:
People had done that and Mods had moved it to relevant sub-section, so, I think it is not violating any forum regulations. :coolstory:

@scheuchevogel

Moved the post to a more relevant thread. Anyhow, the situation is like rrc has already explained. Furthermore, you can use the search function to check if other users already made the same suggestion.

Thanks guys. :beer:
Well, the post above that has been moved here was not meant to be a standalone post, it was a follow up to a long post in a different topic. And there it was not about a single suggestion, but an entire series of suggestions about how to use seasonal/arena events to enable currently (close to) impossible contracts. I searched for contract topics before posting, but found no relevant ones among recent posts. Too many matches to go through all, but several suggestions refer to recently added contracts anyway.
Let's see, maybe I'll try rrc's suggestion for the original post. Feels like cheating, though.

EDIT: I've created a technical topic under the below link, would be great if a mod among you could help me "cheating". :howdy:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ently-close-to-impossible-contracts.11005321/

Last edited:
I am a new to the game and I have a question about mechanics that I don't understand at all. A few times I was saving my best cards in my hand, and then after a turn ended (or during the middle of my turn, I'm not exactly sure when it happened) those cards just exploded while they were in my hand. But I have no idea why.

As far as I can tell, this did not happen as a result of anything the enemy player did. The most recent time it happened was in round 2, and after the cards in my hand exploded, the game seems to have made the cards in the enemy player's hand explode also.

So why is that happening? How do I know when it's about to happen? How do I avoid it from happening?

Why is the current season named season 12? Homecoming came out in October 2018, so that is not the first season. Game came out in 2017, so that can't be the first season either. The first season just happened in the middle between start of the game and start of Homecoming? Or did the official site leave out the real first seasons: https://masters.playgwent.com/rankings/pro-rank/season-12

And is there a way to find out how long each season lasted?

Why is the current season named season 12? Homecoming came out in October 2018, so that is not the first season. Game came out in 2017, so that can't be the first season either. The first season just happened in the middle between start of the game and start of Homecoming?
Pro Ladder started in September 2017 and its seasons used to be two months. It also had a break before the Homecoming update.
After doing all that math this season should be #13 or #14 so there has to be some additional detail somewhere that I missed. Hmm.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Next time it happens, can you please make a screenshot and upload it here?

I don't see how I'd be able to post a screenshot, as it happens way too fast. From the time it starts to happen, until the time when it has finished happening, less than 2 seconds of real-time have passed. Therefore, by the time my fingers reach out to the keys needed to take a screenshot, the card-exploding event would already be over before I've had time to press those keys.

I'm not sure why no one knows what I'm talking about though. I've played more games since I made my previous post in this thread, and it happened again a couple of times. This happens commonly, it's not a rare thing. It's exactly as I've described previously: a card, or cards, that are in my hand, randomly explode before I've played them, and then they are no longer in my hand.

I still have no idea why this is happening. As far as I can tell, it's quite unfair how the game apparently randomly destroys cards in your hand.

Top Bottom