Eredin Rework Idea

+
Its unfortunate to see one of the more interesting characters and the starter leader of the strongest faction in such a strange spot, where he does not support any archtype and does not synergies with the rest of the cards. So I had an idea that I think might help bring about some much needed changes and help Eredin become more playable and lore friendly than he currently is.

What I propose are two small changes, first to the leader himself. Since his current ability of two charges of a boost and shield dont do much for the rest of the cards, I propose the following:

--> Eredin. 165 provisions. Order : Boost all Wild Hunt units in hand, deck and on board by 1.

My second suggestion would be to add a bronze card to help flesh out the archtype. It could be something as follows :

--> Wild Hunt [Something]. 2 strength, 5 provisions. Deploy : Boost self by 1 for each Wild Hunt unit in your hand.

I believe this would encourage players to build Wild Hunt decks and can be a good proactive play to aid Imlerith, Hound and Navigator in the 'Dominance' archtype.

The bronze can also be something along the lines of : Deploy: Boost self by 1 for each Wild Hunt ally or Deploy : Boost all Wild Hunt allies by 1. (Like old Drakar)

Depending on what CDPR think is better, an early round play or a later round play; obviously the power and provisions are up for adjustment.

The point is that the Wild Hunt tag is currently being wasted and this reworked leader ability and the addition of one more bronze might make the Wild Hunt archtype a viable option, who knows even Wild Hunt Warrior might see play.

Interested to see what the community has to say, thanks.

TLDR : Check Arrowed points.

Jep he needs a rework i agree with you
What about
Spawn a Bronze Wild Hunt Unit from your Deck
Charges 2
?

"Eredin. 165 provisions. Order : Boost all Wild Hunt units in hand, deck and on board by 1. "
It sounds like a much weaker Fila.

"Eredin. 165 provisions. Order : Boost all Wild Hunt units in hand, deck and on board by 1. "
It sounds like a much weaker Fila.

Agreed that the ability is similar to Filavanderal, however, with one more bronze Wild Hunt card a Wild Hunt deck can easily have 12 units that can benefit from the boost, whereas Fila is limited to 10 cards. Also, the provisions can be adjusted if this ability proves to be too weak.
Post automatically merged:

Jep he needs a rework i agree with you
What about
Spawn a Bronze Wild Hunt Unit from your Deck
Charges 2
?

This is also an idea I was thinking about, but considering that a WIld Hunt bronze is typically worth at least 6 points in the correct deck, it could prove to be a bit strong. Almost everyone would use it once in the first round to thin out two Riders, then maybe again for a Hound or Navigator. But it is a decent idea, would be much more playable than he is right now. Maybe this ability could be balanced by giving him fewer provisions.
Post automatically merged:

Meaning you'll always just use him on the first turn, with a few small exceptions. That makes the leader pretty boring.

Agreed, he would probably be a boring leader, similar to Foltest in Open Beta perhaps. But I would much rather have something boring and lore friendly than what we are currently stuck with.

Someone wanted a change to Dethlaff to make him more synergized with Vampires, and now you want Eredin changed to fit better with Wild Hunt?

I think that makes alot of sense in a way, both of them. However, I also think Eredins current ability fits with the lore. Higher value wild hunt would typically gain shields.

Here is the similar Dethlaff thread:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...ge-to-dettlaff-leader.11006428/#post-11542762

I think it makes sense to discuss these things in a broader sense of splitting/creating more/new monster archtypes. Now that monsters have been toned down a bit, I think it's also good timing.

This is crazy but what if we swap the abilities of Calanthe and Eredin? Imagine the possible combos.

Eredin Breacc Glas
Order: Play a Monster faction card in your hand, then draw a card.
- This helps triggering the dominance tag. Play a tall unit first then play a dominance unit. Leader to Caranthir + Speartip then BDM combo :smart:

Queen Calanthe
Order: Boost an allied unit by 2, then give it shield.
Charge: 3

or something cooler like

Order: Give an allied unit Shield.
Charge: 3
Whenever an allied shield is destroyed, boost a random allied unit by 1.
- Boost and shield suits NR. King Roegner finisher or just help set up engines. Make shield more threatening? :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom