Sweers is unbalanced

+
It seems the cost of this card is very low.
This card steals a power 3 card of the opponent, but the minimal cost of a card is 4 resources.
Asumming a theft of only 4 resources, is a benefit of 8 resources. Adding 3 power points of Sweers, the total benefit is 11. But the cost of the card is 10. Too cheap to be the worst case.
Asumming a theft of 5 resources card, or 6 resources card, is more evident this problem.

He's 9 for 10. Not the most egregious thing in the game. You can bait it or playa around. Ng not very good at small pings.
I agree he's strong but we shouldn't be nerfing a faction like NG.

It's a 9:10. If resources you mean provision then you are calculating it wrong. You count the power, not the provisions so 3+3+3=9. The only time it exceeds it's provisions is when you seize an engine or order unit.

You forget that the ability of the card is stolen too, that's why you have to count at least a steal of 4 resources (the hability of a 3 power cards increase his cost to 4, 5, 6 or more resources).

I agree with all 3 comments. He is very strong. Better muzzle than muzzle but he's faction specific so why not.
However, saying he's 9 points for 10 is underestimating him. Not only you deny the opponent from his card, but you also take it and contrary to muzzle it's not locked, making it wayyyyy better.

Agreed that NG doesn't need a nerf. The problem is that NG doesn't have many viable options, so you know that 90% of the time when you face any of NG leader it's: Letho/Auckes/Serrit, Shilard/Gregoire, Roach/Vivienne/Assire and Sweers. But that's another topic

As mentioned on the stream aswell, Sweers now is basically Toad Prince from monsters. For 1 additional provision you get the potential benefit of stealing an engine you could use.

DRK3

Forum veteran
As mentioned on the stream aswell, Sweers now is basically Toad Prince from monsters. For 1 additional provision you get the potential benefit of stealing an engine you could use.

Except Sweers is now in every single NG deck, while Toad Prince is not even in half of Monster decks, im guessing.

Just did a long session of gwent using mostly a consume deck and i just forfeited everytime i saw NG, specially Ardal.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Please don't calculate provisions. That just doesn't work.

The card is strong but not sure if it needs to be nerfed or not. Maybe by 1 provision point in the future.

Honestly one reason it's used so much is because NG was a terrible faction and then when they updated it Sweers was a stand out card. If you give NG more good cards to work with then Sweers probably won't be used as often.

rrc

Forum veteran
Except that Toad Prince will trigger death wish units and can be target for reset and even for any unit or spell which can do more than 3 damage. Sweers is much much better than Toad Prince, in which when he steels, he could still use the engines or orders of the stolen card. He is like a muzzle and banish combined. But still, I think he is OK. He is very strong and accordingly priced.
You forget that the ability of the card is stolen too, that's why you have to count at least a steal of 4 resources (the hability of a 3 power cards increase his cost to 4, 5, 6 or more resources).
In some cases, he can even brick. In a short round or in a boost heavy decks, he may not get a target. Of course, it is very very rare, but it can happen. It may so happen that he doesn't have a 3 power card to steal and get significantly less value. He is a strong card I agree, but he doesn't guarantee the best always. He can be subpar for 10 provisions in many cases.

Please don't calculate provisions. That just doesn't work.

The card is strong but not sure if it needs to be nerfed or not. Maybe by 1 provision point in the future.

Honestly one reason it's used so much is because NG was a terrible faction and then when they updated it Sweers was a stand out card. If you give NG more good cards to work with then Sweers probably won't be used as often.
+1 provision will kill him. IMHO, 10 provisions is good enough for him given the various negative cases.

IF it is to be nerfed, just decrease his power a bit but don't change his provision nor his ability. He is indeed one of the best and interesting NG card (although i keep losing my cards to him XD)

Top Bottom