Should CDPR make avatar/border/title bind to your deck as well? (like card backs and boards)

+

Should CDPR make avatar/border/title bind to your deck as well? (like card backs and boards)

• Yes, let us have the option to pick our avatar/border/title for each deck we create

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No, don't see the point

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
It may sounds weird at first, but hear me out...

I come and go from Gwent, but at the very least I will get the card back for each season. And when I got those, I always want to create a deck to fit the card back --- a SC elf deck for elf cardback, an elder deathwish deck for crimson curse cardback, a control NG for viper cardback etc...
(I do the same for boards, but we don't have a new one every season)

And I don't particularly care about the avatar and boarder, because I already got my knickers with golden barrel, and my title is always "pioneer", I dont have the movtivation to go for the borders and avatars, so I rather save the reward points for the next season cardback

However, if CDPR make the border&avatar&title bind with your deck, I may now want to go for those seasonal avatar/borders/titles, currently you can only equip one avatar/border/title just makes me not wanting to go for other avatar/border/titles

I am not sure if I am the only one who feel this way (maybe I am), but I would like to think that if we can apply different avatar/border/title to each deck separately, people will want to build more decks with different ideas and go for those seasonal cosmetics besides cardbacks
Post automatically merged:

Just realized, maybe I should have post this in suggestion....ah well

My second suggestion would be making "suggestion" category viewable in general discussion :)

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
Do you see your avatar as an extension of yourself? If so, it shouldn't be tied to the deck you're playing.

Either way, the solution is to make the feature optional. On your profile page, you can set your default avatar and then, if you want, you can select a different one for each deck similar to how the board selection works.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Me on the other hand, would like to have the option to set a cardback as default, instead of having to equip it on every deck...

I just recently got my 1st cardback, this season's one, and just saw how cardbacks work and for someone who builds a ton of decks, it's annoying realizing i forgot to equip the fancy cardback on this or that deck.

And on the avatar/borders, i agree with 4RM3D, those i associate with me, not the deck, and im finally happy with my new combo of Skellige Corsair Border + Phoenix avatar (which looks like a dragon...)

It may sounds weird at first, but hear me out...

I come and go from Gwent, but at the very least I will get the card back for each season. And when I got those, I always want to create a deck to fit the card back --- a SC elf deck for elf cardback, an elder deathwish deck for crimson curse cardback, a control NG for viper cardback etc...
(I do the same for boards, but we don't have a new one every season)

And I don't particularly care about the avatar and boarder, because I already got my knickers with golden barrel, and my title is always "pioneer", I dont have the movtivation to go for the borders and avatars, so I rather save the reward points for the next season cardback

However, if CDPR make the border&avatar&title bind with your deck, I may now want to go for those seasonal avatar/borders/titles, currently you can only equip one avatar/border/title just makes me not wanting to go for other avatar/border/titles

I am not sure if I am the only one who feel this way (maybe I am), but I would like to think that if we can apply different avatar/border/title to each deck separately, people will want to build more decks with different ideas and go for those seasonal cosmetics besides cardbacks
Post automatically merged:

Just realized, maybe I should have post this in suggestion....ah well

My second suggestion would be making "suggestion" category viewable in general discussion :)

Absolutely they should make it optional.

They can push more cosmetics for monetization and allow people the option to customize.

If I'm playing a lyria themed deck I don't want to have say AEP dahy as my portrait (although...)

Theyre already halfway there with the board and cardbafk system .. but in its current place it's all a bit clunky.

In your profile trinkets section where all cosmetics are, you should have the ability to pick your default look. This will show on your profile.

Then in deckbuilder, they can add a trinkets button when you open a specific deck that lets you customize your cosmetics for each deck.
If you choose not to, it takes your default loadout. Simple.
This is also how Hearthstone does it. A nice clean solution.

Also this removes the clutter from the play screen where you pick your deck, putting everything deck related to the deck builder.

Do you see your avatar as an extension of yourself? If so, it shouldn't be tied to the deck you're playing.

Either way, the solution is to make the feature optional. On your profile page, you can set your default avatar and then, if you want, you can select a different one for each deck similar to how the board selection works.
Me on the other hand, would like to have the option to set a cardback as default, instead of having to equip it on every deck...

I just recently got my 1st cardback, this season's one, and just saw how cardbacks work and for someone who builds a ton of decks, it's annoying realizing i forgot to equip the fancy cardback on this or that deck.

And on the avatar/borders, i agree with 4RM3D, those i associate with me, not the deck, and im finally happy with my new combo of Skellige Corsair Border + Phoenix avatar (which looks like a dragon...)

Aye I would say being optional and able to set the default one is the way to go

Other than me wanting it I would say this can be a good motivation for ppl who think like me to go for the new cosmetics

Guest 4336264

OK, so I have different card decks - all well and good. However, what I'd like to be able to do is associate a different BORDER, TITLE and AVATAR with each independent deck.

For example, one deck I have is dedicated to the Meve Silver Sovereign skin. However, I either have to change the title, avatar and border to complement the deck, or leave it as is. Another deck has the leader King Foltest - Venerable Guardian Skin. Again, I have unlocked the Avatar related to his reward tree, but I'm restricted to having only one set BORDER, AVATAR and TITLE. Again, I'd like to be able to change deck and with that change, automatically have the associated Border, Avatar and Title I'v associated with that specific deck - I don't want to manually change this each time I play a different deck.

Thanks.

Top Bottom