Get ready.

+
Cd projekt already did that in past with witcher2
and then they wanted to make a very big game and in TW3 such feature disappeared. It's quite useless to speculate now, we'll see. But be careful not to rise your expectations too high or you're gonna burn yourself. :)

------------------------------
Anyway, website has been updated and gives a little hint about the main quest: V will be looking for a unique cyberware able to grant immortality.

For sure a CGI trailer won't make me preorder the game. We have the release date but not actual info on how the game plays.

To be fair, Keanu Silverhand could be a constant.

In one choice, Jackie is still alive, you’re still good with Dex, but maybe the cops managed to follow you over and you get saved by Johnny Silverhand.

In the other, Jackie dies, Dex turns on you... and you also get saved by Johnny Silverhand.

People here refer to the Witcher 2, but even in that game you still ended up in the same place in the final chapter, and in Vergen you’d still run into major characters like Roche and Henselt, regardless of whether you went with the dwarf. (Jerpen or something? The scoia’teal at least.)

I get the cynicism. I’m one too. It’s just that I’m allowing myself to be otherwise because I want to have faith in CDPR.

Last edited:
Surely they'll start marketing after E3 right? Introduce mechanics, and lore

This isn't going to be a popular post, since some people seem to be incapable of understanding, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

I really wanted to Pre-Purchase Cyberpunk 2077 as I have been waiting for this moment for years, seriously. But I can't because there is a serious gap between how regional pricing is handled between Cyberpunk 2077 and previous CDPR titles. That is to say CP77 is way more expensive.

This is one of the reasons why I stay the hell away from GOG, Ubisoft and so on. Seriously, they suck. They are companies that can't understand why I can't drop half my rent on a single game. (PS. rent is expensive in my country as well.) My countries currency is worth a lot less. And I still have to pay rent and get basic necessities like food and whatnot. (Which isn't cheap here either.) I just can't justify buying it when it costs an arm and a leg.

Take Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2 for example, which is another title I can pre-purchace. They are both $60 for the base game. But with regional pricing, I could get Bloodlines™ 2: Blood Moon Edition (which includes the season pass) for half the price of CP77, which is only the base game. Which one would you get?

Yeah I agree we need gameplay footage to properly judge it but I'm going to pre-order later on because of course I'm playing this day 1. I'm just waiting to see if there will be a collectors edition first.

GOG used to do regional pricing, but it nearly bankrupted them. Discontinuing that was the first thing they did after GOG slipped into the red.

We understand dropping half the rent sucks, just as much as we understand CDPR/GOG not wanting to go broke.

GOG used to do regional pricing, but it nearly bankrupted them. Discontinuing that was the first thing they did after GOG slipped into the red.

We understand dropping half the rent sucks, just as much as we understand CDPR/GOG not wanting to go broke.

Yeah, right. I am sure that was the problem and it had nothing to do with people using VPN to buy the games cheaper. I am sure Steam and companies who sell their games on Steam with regional pricing (including CDPR prior to CP77 by the way) are broke.

Instead of finding a solution to the problem, like punishing people who do that like Steam did a while back, they just got rid of the regional pricing altogether. (Probably thinking they could get more money that way, because the only people they are punishing are us, not the people who broke the rules.) Yet that doesn't mean they earn more. They actually lost costumers. Because rather than paying that much (since I can't, not many can), I would rather not play at all. Majority of the people with currencies that worth less woudn't buy it at that price. And it actually encorages pirates and the like. Because saying "You will have to pay what amounts to 3 times more because their money is worth more compared to yours." doesn't do anything for me.. Only recourse we have is to wait, maybe a year or two, until the price drops to a reasonable amount during a sale. So they still wont be getting that amount from us. Because they can't. They don't seem to understand that.

Ok I found the collectors edition but sadly find it a bit lacking so I will grab the GOG digital copy instead.

Yikes. CE is $250. Outlandish.

its steep but given stuff provided in the collectors edition it is within reason
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, the cynic in me has to agree that the lack of actual gameplay and dangling Keanu Reeves in front of our eyes is... troubling if this were EA/Ubisoft/Activision. All hype and no substance.

Still... CDPR! I'm willing to wager the last of my trust and hope in humankind on this. No pressure or anything!

Like BrokenEnglish commented, that's a CGI trailer. It doesn't matter how good it looks. It ain't no substitute for actual gameplay.
to be honest I wouldnt be surprised to find out that the closed doors session gets a surprise hands on gameplay they just didnt want it known a head of time to avoid people trying to sneak in to it or something

Keanu is Johnny Silverhand?

I don't know if it has been officially confirmed, but it seems so.

His cybernetic arm looks silver, and I read elsewhere that the lyrics of the song that play after the Keanu reveal are from a Johnny Silverhand song.
Post automatically merged:

From the looks of the trailer, the situation and V's demeanor shows that him & Jackie went in guns blazing without much preparation, thought or foresight of the consequences. Even after the gunfight, the problems don't end there.

Jackie died, and things went south with Dexter, T Bug, and killed any future opportunity V had at working with them.

In this scenario, V is actually the one in the wrong, not Dexter. After getting a friend killed and Dexter turned on V for putting himself and associates in further danger. Really breaks that wall of good vs evil and boils down to choices on a bigger scale. I'd be pissed off too for V acting the way he did, selfish and wreckless only looking for the money.

A game with a moral code?

Awesome.

I'm not so sure that Jackie's demise and Dexter cutting ties (violently) won't be scripted. Jackie and everything we've seen so far could potentially just be prologue material, with the introduction of Keanu Silverhand being the moment the game shifts into main plot territory.

Last edited:
Cyberpunk! Keanu Reeves! AKA Neo. AKA John Wick. It's almost unbelievable.

Fantastic trailer! The tone, and the atmosphere is amazing!

Wow!

I have just read the good news.

Cyberpunk 2077 Casts Keanu Reeves

Then there is only one thing to say about that matter.

*** Take my money now! ***

Can't wait for the game to be released. :cool:

Top Bottom