Will Cyberpunk 2077 have an Expansion Pass? Just like The Witcher 3?

+
I went to the Steam page to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 game. But what I found MISSING in both Cyberpunk 2077 SE and CE is the expasion pass that give out free DLC updates, just like The Witcher 3 with the Heart of Stone DLC and Blood and Wine DLC. I want to clarify with CDPR whether CP2077 will have an expansion DLC planned in the future where the consumer need to buy separately from the base game or there are no CP2077 expansion DLC planned at all. I hope I can find some additional information before I make a smart pre-purchase with cyberpunk 2077 so that I will not regret it in the future.

P.S.: Moreover, will Cyberpunk 2077 online multiplayer be available for the Cyberpunk 2077 in the near future in year 2021 for free, or the Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer online will be available separately from the single player cyberpunk 2077? Just asking for a friend.

That why I am concern about it. Because many RPG games have always release an expansion packs to produce future content. For example, Vampire: TMB2 have an expansion pack and The Witcher 3 as well for Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine DLC. Therefore, I need a confirmation from CDPR to gather any neccessary info before making any pre purchase.

There is no information whether or not there will be any DLCs or multiplayer. This game is almost year before its release so it's hard to even speculate. If anything, maybe devs will mention something on closed door presentation at E3 or at gamescom 2019, but i wouldn't count on that. I think the first info about potential DLC/expansion will be after game release.

That why I am concern about it. Because many RPG games have always release an expansion packs to produce future content. For example, Vampire: TMB2 have an expansion pack and The Witcher 3 as well for Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine DLC. Therefore, I need a confirmation from CDPR to gather any neccessary info before making any pre purchase.

Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine were announced in April 2015, just one month prior to TW3 release. Just be patient, if Cyberpunk will have expansions, CDPR is not yet ready to reveal anything about their plans for the game's future.

Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine were announced in April 2015, just one month prior to TW3 release. Just be patient, if Cyberpunk will have expansions, CDPR is not yet ready to reveal anything about their plans for the game's future.
I was gonna say this. Have a redpoint. I doubt we will know the answer to this question until sometime next year.

So in other word, I need to save my pre-purchase for a while until an expansion pass is available after the launch.

So in other word, I need to save my pre-purchase for a while until an expansion pass is available after the launch.

Except CDPR don't do "expansion passes". Expansions for TW3 were released separately one after another, so I would expect something like this again.

In their "think nothing less than TW3" statement from awhile back, the one that clarified no microtransactions, CDPR references paid DLC expansions. I'd expect we'll see news of another expansion pass for somewhere around $25-30 USD in early 2020.

Ah, my bad, didn't remember that. Was it there from the very beginning or it was released after both expansions were already on the market?

According to the page on the PS Store, it was released on the same day as the full game, May 19th

This is exactly what I'm thinking about right now. If there's going to be paid post-release content, I'd much rather buy a pass now than buying them piecemeal.

This is exactly what I'm thinking about right now. If there's going to be paid post-release content, I'd much rather buy a pass now than buying them piecemeal.

Ahhhhh a like-minded person. In my experience, a bundle pack that consist of both the base game and the expansion pass often give a fair discount rather than buying them both separately. Therefore, I can wait for expansion pass announcement and then buy the bundle pack.

I bet one of the DLC will be about traveling to the moon. but I heard they cut content from visiting the moon. The moon is made up of lunar colonies so I think that makes sense. Also, it would too big to include Night City and the moon together.

They did showed us a passenger plane in the E3 2017 trailer so I assumed the moon was going to in the game.

I think it is too early for Cdpr to announce Dlcs, wether on Steam / GoG or in the media. My focus is on the main game and there's enough time to provide expansion passes until release.

Theres was weekly poll about MP, you would imagine they wouldnt have opened it if they didnt at least think about it.
Just so it's clear, we moderators come up with the poll questions, not REDs. We make polls based on what we think will be interesting to people. So don't read too much into them.

Also, regarding expansions ... the most definitive statement CDPR has made was in the "hidden message" at the end of the E3 2018 trailer. Part of it read:

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM free on PC.

So that says they were at least planning for expansions back in 2018. There was also a rumor at one point way back (before E3 2018) about an expansion set on the moon, but it's never been confirmed by CDPR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom