CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
My only issue with CE edition is that I cannot buy it because it's unavailable in every store I've checked.

Last edited:
It’s one of the more expensive CEs. But there is a lot of stuff in it. The statue alone could be worth 100€ to 150€.

I'm afraid you missed it choomba.

https://www.amazon.it/CYBERPUNK-2077-D1-STEELBOOK-PlayStation/dp/B07SD26GPY/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=cyberpunk+2077&qid=1560243203&s=gateway&sr=8-5&th=1

The same is with Germany/Austria. cyberpunk.net pre-order site still says "soon" but CEs are sold out on amazon.at/.de since yesterday morning.

I still hope that they will produce additional copies. Considering the fact that they are now promised to sell them in US too, it's more than likely.

great for US peeps! but for the rest of the world where there are almost no more distributors for physical PC games, I hope CDPR is able to put the PC CE on UK Amazon and allow shipping with Amazon Global, that way it would be easier for some of us to import the game in English and for PC, since everywhere else does not ship globally.

Today I received en email from GameMania (Netherlands) that they have been informed that they will receive less copies of the CE than initially agreed upon, because the demand was higher than anticipated... which means they had to cancel mine (and offer me an alternative).
Which makes me believe that those copies that will be made available in the US and Canada, are not additional stocks created for the NA market, but are just transferred from the EU to NA... meaning less copies in the EU, and even taking away copies from people who had already placed a pre-order. Which I think is downright ridiculous!
If the demand is this big (as clearly is the case... even in the EU many people are still looking for a way to order one), why don't they simply increase the amount of CEs that they are going to produce, instead of reducing the amount of CEs already sold/reserved in order to sell them elsewhere?

I think that CDPR safely made an assumption about the number of CEs to produce and are now realizing it is much more wanted than what was expected. It's the best thing that can happen for a company like CDPR, but I absolutely hate to hear about people from various countries not being able to get a copy of the CE.

Ebay is full of scalpers and there are messages like ones above all over the forum. It's horrible.

I really hope CDPR takes note and puts (what they can) out soon, so that everyone who wants a CE can get one easily.
I actually thought the CE would be as easy to get as the standard edition from GoG. Realizing it is not is tragic.

I was looking forward to giving 100% of my money to CDPR through GoG for pre orders. I am not sure of any specific info on how the distribution works, but it sucks to read all these comments about the CE being so "out of reach" for people.

I understand this thing is limited, but I almost didn't get my pre order in. I ended up getting two accidentally and will probably give one away in some kind of giveaway thingy or as a gift. I would never resell something like this knowing so many people are getting shafted by poor distribution outlets.

The fact that Ebay is full of CEs and portions of them when it is not even close to release is sad.

Predictable, but still sad. :sad:

So this exploded in my face as I got home today. I just typed E3 news and it took maybe ten seconds before I was on the trail of a Collector's for PC.

My God, what a ride.
But I'm done. It's done. I've secured my copy. For PC. Well, it says so, but I have my finger ready on the trigger on ordering a XBoxOne version as well. Just in case.

Why this suspicion you may ask?

Well, first, please let me share some thoughts and experiences of mine. I've played games all my life, but have been a collector of PC games since I was 12 years old. My shelf has some 150 physical games(I'm quite proud of my collection) but my digital collection surpass this number(on several platforms).

I still remember when PC boxes were actual boxes, and not these DVD cases. They were filled with maps, posters, 150 page manuals. Nowadays I'm glad if I get even a crappy case. With a code in it.
What I'm saying is this, today I'm grateful for getting a CE, if it is available, as the market is not what it used to be. If there was one last CE I must have before...well anything bad happens, it's Cyberpunk 2077 CE.

Well the shift, as I recall, were when certain publishers or devs started to shun PC, opting to sell more consoles and stated that a particular game(I can't remember which) were supposed to be enjoyed "from the couch" and with a controller. They were excuses. Terrible excuses. Nevermind that a game had its origins for PC, suddenly PC games were being pushed to release after console versions. Gradually, more and more, PC games were shoved aside, replaced by a digital releases, or, didn't get a PC release at all(Red Dead Redemption for instance).

My local Gamestop store went from having PC games covering three walls, down to two, down to one, and now, there's just this box. And yet, I throw my money on anyone willing to release a physical copy of a PC game. And I spend a lot of money.

I care not for discussions of war, piracy, which platform is the best, or what have you. I know I want to play on my custom built PC and want to continue to do so. To each his or her own.

But PC releases, in my opinion, are being more and more shunned. Not by gamers, but by certain devs or publishers.
Maybe it is to push sales for consoles, who knows, it certainly has to do with money, as it usually does.

A friend of mine says that PC releases will disappear altogether, but I hope he's wrong.

Now, back to CE.

When I saw Cyberpunk CE not being available for PC..my heart sank. I've had a shit day at work and this wasn't helping. Then I read it was "just" North America. I lament this, my friends, but obviously I got my hopes up.
So I went to Gamestop homepage to find a CE release...for consoles.
I died inside.

I called them up and even went to the store. They knew nothing about a CE release, but guessed that tomorrow would probably be the day as they couldn't see anything yet in their system. They advised me to order online. So I went home and almost ordered the "wrong version" until I...there was...not so obvious..an option.....for PC.

I could have posted another wall of text with the many problems I had with ordering my copy, but finally the transaction went through.

Now though, I'm just waiting for history to repeat itself(as it did with Doom Eternal and Outer Worlds)and that my preorder just disappear from the Gamestop system.

Oh, well, thank you for reading.

To you in North America, don't give up and good luck! :D
Does anyone know what language the physical items in the collectors edition are in? Like if I buy an CE in Germany, would the text be in German too? Or is it standardised in English?

Anyone got a plan?

« Console gaming is the second-largest segment generating $34.6 billion in 2018, while PC games will bring in $32.9 billion. »

So PC gamers shouldn’t be neglected in any way.

I find the offer from publishers is very poor compared to what it was.

This is why I only buy on Steam (or GOG) and at 80% off price, a year or two after release. I don’t move my arse to a game store just to get a crappy dvd box, I have no use for it, so it’s useless plastic pollution. And a digital-only version at 60$ is nowhere near worthing it for most of the games (EXcluding beautiful CDRP games, need I mention!).
But what we want for that price range is a map, a booklet, a box, like in the good ol’ days when the industry was far less about their billions, and far more about the gamers.

Now... I love CDPR because I believe they can greatly contribute to change this mentality, give a good kick in the ass to the industry. And if these clunky console-only decisions comes from WB, They should get the double kick in the ass! With a Cyber silver foot that is!

CDPR you are doing awesome, I sincerely hope you keep going in that direction, thinking about your gamers as always, but Not neglecting the PC gamers, who invest 2,3,5000$ for their rig, to have the most beautiful and more versatile gaming experience.

So please release that CE to the PC gamers as well!!! (in Canada, especially!). Yes, we will buy it!

Thank you

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm not sure why so many people are surprised that they can't get the CE due to stock issues. Every CE in any game's history -- ever -- sells out fast; I believe TW3's was in under 30 minutes. So this is no surprise.

I'm at least pleased that it took longer this time for 2077's to sell out. I was waiting for the PC version to arrive, and when I realized it wouldn't -- at the time -- I just got the PS4 version and bought the normal game digitally on PC instead.

From my perspective, if you really want a CE, you plan around it. Plan a sick day in advance, or at least a few hours off to watch E3 live and grab a unit.

That said, all is not lost. Amazon/Best Buy/others don't actually charge for their CEs until they ship -- I would not be surprised if a lot of the people who reserved units will not be able to pay them off when the time comes, and after a few days, their copies will be released and essentially "replenish" the stock somewhat.

So, my advice? If you want a CE, sign up to be notified when stock comes in, and check your favorite online storefronts regularly around the time the game launches.

However, aside from PC units being made for NA/possibly Canada, I wouldn't get your hopes up as far as producing more goes. The whole point of a CE is that it's much more limited than the main game.

I would have bought two CEs, one as an investment and one to rip open and play but apparently CD Projekt hates money ;) .

There is no way to get one in Germany since AMZ.de has sold out in seconds. I would actually MUCH prefer an English version but the UK distributor GAME does not ship internationally because "the item is too big".
And Amazon.co.uk does not have the CE. They only have the regular steelbook version as an exclusive.

Oh well... no CE for me then and no (extra) money for CD Projekt. I will buy the GOTY on Steam whenever it is released in a couple of years. I can wait.

What I want is a map, a booklet, a box, like in the good ol’ days when the industry was far less billionnaire .

The standard edition is really impressive because of this simple concept. I have always been the type of person to want a physical copy, I still love going to record stores and places like Half Price Books...it's meditative to me.

It may sound strange, but going anywhere that has physical copies of things, or just holding something physical that I am interested in has a calming effect on the regular social anxiety default mode my head is in most of the time.

It's the same as wanting to read a book being held in your hands as opposed to reading one off of a screen. Simple, but complex to try and explain to anyone who always wants digital things. It also goes against what trends are happening with digital media. It definitely has it's place and I completely understand it, but I like getting physical products.

The standard edition is really impressive because of this simple concept. I have always been the type of person to want a physical copy, I still love going to record stores and places like Half Price Books...it's meditative to me.

It may sound strange, but going anywhere that has physical copies of things, or just holding something physical that I am interested in has a calming effect on the regular social anxiety default mode my head is in most of the time.

It's the same as wanting to read a book being held in your hands as opposed to reading one off of a screen. Simple, but complex to try and explain to anyone who always wants digital things. It also goes against what trends are happening with digital media. It definitely has it's place and I completely understand it, but I like getting physical products.
Physical things are anchors. Maybe more transitory but graspable. it reminds one of the here and now (hence my CE preorder) that statue will be by my side for years to come.

Ditto.

Sadly, we're a dying breed. Digital is the future, or so the hordes of teenagers on Twitter tell me. But I know I'll never, ever prefer reading a book on a screen (which makes my eyes hurt after a while) to holding one in my hands.

Last edited:
Today I received en email from GameMania (Netherlands) that they have been informed that they will receive less copies of the CE than initially agreed upon, because the demand was higher than anticipated... which means they had to cancel mine (and offer me an alternative).

Have you tried Nedgame? They didn't list the CE yesterday and the item appears to have popped up today. Might be a chance.

I'm just happy I decided against the CE just a few short seconds after the announcement. If it had been Mantis Lady, I'd currently be furiously googling where the thing isn't sold out already, then spend a day in denial, then three days convincing myself I never wanted it anyway, alternated by more furious googling if there really isn't another copy out there somewhere, curl up in a ball, then make posts on these forums that CDPR mustn't want my money. :ROFLMAO:

I get you guys. It's a good thing I decided not to get on that rollercoaster in the first place. That, or I'm in denial right now, but I find myself curiously not placing orders on that link either. I *think* I'm good.

Last edited:
Ditto.

Sadly, we're a dying breed. Digital is the future, or so the hordes of teenagers on Twitter tell me. But I know I'll never, ever prefer reading a book on a screen (which makes my eyes hurt after a while) to holding on in my hands.

I don't want to alt-tab out of the game to open up a PDF of Night City's Map! I want to crane my head away from the monitor and look at the physical thing.

It's a good thing that's included in the normal physical edition. That's still available EVERYWHERE.

Only worry now is: Will my brick and mortar store survive until 16 April 2020. :think:

Last edited:

I sooo agree with you!

Be it a CE, dvd box, a real box, it's always good to open it, makes you feel it, a real object, feel like you just purchased an item of value.

But now with the Digital-only...... and even, DVD box only, at 60$ (80$ in Canada!). Just not worth it. I normally buy this "fast food" at prices between 50 cents and 20$, way after release, so I pay for what I get! Except for a very few exceptions where I'm willing to pay full price, to give more money to great developpers.

I don't believe I will want to wait before playing CP. But will be greatly disappointed if they don't release nothing physical for PC and for Canada (yes, CE over here please!). As I was disappointed when I heard they did upgrade Witcher 3 to HDR for consoles, but not for PC. I sincerely hope they will be considering PC gamers equals as console players in the future. It seems we are almost equals in terms on numbers, on top of that!

Top Bottom