Competitive ruling: proNEO3001

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand your comment. You're implying that there is abnormal percentage of draws for some of these players? Re: the bug - it was fixed in it's due time. If you didn't know about it/didn't use it - good for you. ProNEO3001 clearly knew about its existence and clearly was abusing it in his matches. I'm not sure there is anything to debate here really.
Have you not noticed Neo among these players? Why didn't you think that if Neo used this bug, his percentage of draws should be out of stats? And why do you say with such confidence that Neo knew about the bug? He has a different point of view. And nowhere is it mentioned that Neo himself wrote to the CDPR about the intentional surrender of his opponents, an honest cheater.

Have you not noticed Neo among these players? Why didn't you think that if Neo used this bug, his percentage of draws should be out of stats? And why do you say with such confidence that Neo knew about the bug? He has a different point of view. And nowhere is it mentioned that Neo himself wrote to the CDPR about the intentional surrender of his opponents, an honest cheater.
If we're allowed to post twitch clips, here is an example of him abusing the rope bug:

He also attempts it here:

And here:

Dear CDPR team,

Firstly, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to the work you're doing in all games and Gwent in particular. It is also very resposible of you to react and investigate cheating cases as it makes all of us feel safe and sure of the fair play.

I would however like to add some healthy level of challenge to the reasons and extent of disclose you've provided in relation to banning the player.
1) I truly believe the existence of the bug is your sole responsibility. We all are not perfect and even such a proficient team as yours can make mistakes. But be fair enough to admit it's your mistake to let people take advantage of the bug. For how long did this bug exist. When was the first time when you received a report on this bug? Taking into account how engaged (and sometimes hysterical) some players are, there should have been reports long before the final days of the season. And given it's a problem of the game (not the player), do you think it would be more fair to open up the history of games and just change all those bug-based draws to defeats and recalculate the MMR? And not only this player, but all the players in pro rank (at least). I believe IT level affords to do that. Why would you ban someone for that?
2) Regarding "...unwarranted victories from the players forfeiting to him with a purpose to improve his position on the ladder..." How did you get evidence on this? Are there phone call or chat records between two people agreeing on such a scheme? Or is it a sort of a situation when the player took e.g. 20%+ wins due to forfeiting? Did those guys confess their forfeit was intentional? If you are sure it was an intentional forfeiting in favour of the banned player, what will be the punishment for those who forfeited? I think it should be even more harsh in this case. Also. Don't you exclude a situation when players could have forfeited in order to trigger the ban case? How you made sure it's not this case?

I understand it's your sole right not to react to such kind of questions, but I think players (even such players as me, who are not in pro rank) need to be sure they are not banned unfairly in future because of a coincidence, in-game problems, irresponsibility or intentional provocation from other players. I'm not accusing anyone, just giving a room to a healthy level of cautionary imagination.

A more detailed disclosure from your side will be much appreciated. If there are 100% facts, everybody will admit it.
Being open and transparent to your community can never be a disadvantage for you.

Thank you in advance anyway!

rrc

Forum veteran
If we're allowed to post twitch clips, here is an example of him abusing the rope bug:

He also attempts it here:

And here:

Since there were so many people defending the player, I wanted to read more about it and landed on this reddit page. As I was going through the comments I came across these three clips and I opened them in a tab to create a post in this thread and here it is already. Thanks for doing this @Haliax19.

By looking at these clips, it is very clearly evident that the player was abusing (or at least trying to abuse) the rope bug. If you see all these three clips, he was doing his last action exactly around the same time (like two seconds before the timer ends). In one attempt he was successful and in other two he failed. But the timing was nearly perfectly the same. There was no reason to wait till the exact moment when you clearly know that you have lost the game. It was kind of despicable.

This is clearly cheating and I can't understand why people even want to defend him. If I face such a player in my noob rank level, I would be super angry. If someone does this in pro rank and qualify for the most prestigious Gwent tournament ever, it is the like an insult to all the pro players who put their life and soul in to the game and in trying to be part of the tournament. But if you want to say "but what about xxx?", if you have proof of that someone abusing a bug, please do share it with CDPR and I am 100% sure that they will take action.

Anyone who tries to defend him after seeing all these clips are clearly biased and can not be considered as sincere. I am now so glad that CDPR did this. If CDPR hasn't done this when proofs like these are available in public, CDPR would have lost credibility. Huge respect to CDPR for doing what is just even though it involved them saying to the world "The top player in our game community is a cheater". It wouldn't have been easy for them and they wouldn't have done it unless they are 100% sure that the player was abusing purposefully and thus violated the code of conduct. So, please don't flame CDPR. Give them credibility for doing this.

Thanks CDPR!!

For all calling that there is no evidence of neo breaking rules there are at least 4 clips of him trying to use rope bug (one made by Alessio one by MissLadyJay). Ofc I won't post them here but you can easly find them on reddit. Also I'm pretty sure that they won't convience you because you already made your own "opinion" about this situation and it's like talking to anti vaxxers -> they know better and they are never wrong.

Also it's pretty funny that all (most?) of you who doubt in this ban are from CIS region and was enjoying watching his streams. It really looks like kid mentallity where someone took my favourite toy so now I must hate him.

Anyways ban was great and only possible outcome. Sadly it took some time but it will be always best for community to keep pro ladder and pro scene as "clear" as possible and hope everyone will agree with me at that.

Also I didn't see any word from proneo about this situation after ban. You always keep silent when you are innocent xD

Last edited:
The TL;DR of this thread:
- Some players are happy with the ban.
- Others are unhappy with the ban, because:
1) Unfair treatment (compared to GameKing supposedly also breaking the rules)
2) Not enough evidence
3) Not disclosing evidence

CDPR has all the statistics and the best insight as to what has transpired. proNeo3001 being a well-known player, I am sure that CDPR has double-checked the results and have thought long and hard about the penalty, because you don't just ban a player on a whim.

CDPR has all the statistics and the best insight as to what has transpired. proNeo3001 being a well-known player, I am sure that CDPR has double-checked the results and have thought long and hard about the penalty, because you don't just ban a player on a whim.
Just publish evidence. And no problem. Why CDPR don't respect community? We are not worth it? Why so classified?

Why CDPR don't respect community? We are not worth it? Why so classified?

I could sling the question back at you: Why are you so eager to know? This isn't a public trial. If CDPR says they have found enough evidence than I will believe them, also because they have nothing to gain from turning proNeo3001 into a scapegoat. We do not need to know the details. It might be nice to know, but we cannot make any demands and we shouldn't assume that CDPR withholds the information because they do not respect us.

Just publish evidence. And no problem. Why CDPR don't respect community? We are not worth it? Why so classified?

Like literally 6 posts above yours you have 3 clips of neo trying to use rope bug.
Sadly it really looks like you don't want/need any evidence and you are here just to pretend that somehow CDPR and Gwent community only target is to abuse poor CIS players.

I could sling the question back at you: Why are you so eager to know? This isn't a public trial. If CDPR says they have found enough evidence than I will believe them, also because they have nothing to gain from turning proNeo3001 into a scapegoat.
Fake.
Freddybabes and Co said too many things about CIS (and China) community. This is public now. Because right now CDPR gain points from EU-community from turning proNeo3001 into a scapegoat. And judging by the reaction on Freddybabes and Co words about CIS players, EU players are more valuable for CDPR.

Like literally 6 posts above yours you have 3 clips of neo trying to use rope bug.
Sadly it really looks like you don't want/need any evidence and you are here just to pretend that somehow CDPR and Gwent community only target is to abuse poor CIS players.
And ProNEO gave answers to this.
This is good proof btw. But not "SOLID" like CDPR said. Give us more, kill doubt.

Proneo was banned for violating the rules? ok, if you have clear evidence then it is correct.

but..

What happens in the case that CDPR violates or does not respect its own rules?

There are many examples in this forum, including one of mine, where it is clearly seen that CDPR decides WHEN and HOW to respect or not respect its own rules.

And the final summary of all this is the total lack of credibility that CDPR gives with its decisions and so it is easier to understand why all this seems clearly a witch hunt.

Any non-european player for CDPR is ... meh.

I respect Freddy, but the way he handled that situation and the fact that the main beneficiary is his good friend leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That doesn't mean that ProNeo shouldn't be punished but mature and respectful people solve such matters in a different way. That whole drama and sensationalism weren't necessary.

Re: the bug - it was fixed in it's due time. If you didn't know about it/didn't use it - good for you. ProNEO3001 clearly knew about its existence and clearly was abusing it in his matches.
Can you name the date when the bug was fixed? Can you name the number of games in which Neo used the bug? Can you show Neo's games with abusing before fixing?
If we're allowed to post twitch clips, here is an example of him abusing the rope bug
I am probably blind? Where is the abuse? 3 games ended in defeat, as it should be. Lifecoach must have gone on time, or he would have been banned for the same game manner.

Because right now CDPR gain points from EU-community from turning proNeo3001 into a scapegoat.
Any non-european player for CDPR is ... meh.

You are suggesting CDPR is biased towards the EU? There is absolutely no evidence to support that claim. Banning proNEO3001 also proves nothing in that regard. You have no idea how many more players have been banned and what their nationalities were. Questioning the evidence is one thing, but thinking CDPR has such bias is in a whole different league.

I am probably blind? Where is the abuse? 3 games ended in defeat, as it should be. Lifecoach must have gone on time, or he would have been banned for the same game manner.
The first game is him successfully abusing the bug, it ended in a draw as a result of him playing renew right as time expired, which initiated the bug. The other two appear to be unsuccessful attempts at reproducing the bug. But sure, you can go ahead and play it all off as a coincidence and that he's just roping on accident.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
You are suggesting CDPR is biased towards the EU? There is absolutely no evidence to support that claim. Banning proNEO3001 also proves nothing in that regard. You have no idea how many more players have been banned and what their nationalities were. Questioning the evidence is one thing, but thinking CDPR has such bias is in a whole different league.
But this is your fault, CDPR. Lack of information gives rise to speculation. Just publish evidence and no problem, as I said before. Because right now we have ban based on the cries of a group of EU-players who want $200k against proNEO, which displaced one of them. And this cries based by conspiracy theories about the CIS-players, because there is no another proofs in public. And you, moderator, naturally quote guys from my country in 1937:
If USSR CDPR says they have found enough evidence than I will believe them
Sorry CDPR, but I do not have a position in your company, so i need to see evidence for myself. Because today ban proNEO, tommorow me. But evidence is SOLID. Don't panic. Just donate more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom