Help. Graphic Glitch

+
Hi guys, I’ve purchased The Witcher 3 (through Steam) a few days ago. Ever since I started playing, in the very first part on the game at Kaer Morhen I came across this major texture bug. I’ve tried everything, from repairing the game files and verifying the integrity of game cache, updating drivers, changing and alternating ingame graphic settings, to reinstalling the game all the way, and nothing seems to work for me. It’s steam copy and the game version is 1.32. Can anyone please help me or share a solution that has worked in similar cases?

I play in laptop.
Processor: Intel Core i5 - 6200 2.30 GHZ
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 940MX.
Ram: 8GB
Windows: W7 - 64bits

Attached a video

Sorry for my english, i speak spanish :(.

In some cases, Nvidia drivers v399 and older solve the issue of visual glitches. So rolling back to this older GPU driver might be a good idea.

Attached a video

Keep your eye on it. That looks like graphical artifacting that occurs when a card is either severely overheating and/or dying. :(

If using any form of overclocking, disable it completely while troubleshooting.

Are you seeing that sort of behavior in any other titles?

Thanks for the answers!

Yep, i think the problem is in my GPU, or something similar. I have already reinstalled the drivers, i have clean and removed the previous versions and nothing. It's weird because it's the only game where it happens, I'm starting to give up :(.

It's weird because it's the only game where it happens, I'm starting to give up :(.

Well...I don't want to create premature hope...but that's actually a good sign! If it's 100% limited to this game, then it's almost certainly not the hardware.

Conversely, if this is the only intensive game you play, then it could be that this the only title that pushes the card hard enough for the hardware issue to manifest. Do you have other titles that can can really stress your system?

It could simply be heat -- and if so it's pretty important to sort that out, as it can cause damage if it keeps happening. Do you play with enough space around (including below) the laptop for easy airflow?

Well...I don't want to create premature hope...but that's actually a good sign! If it's 100% limited to this game, then it's almost certainly not the hardware.

Conversely, if this is the only intensive game you play, then it could be that this the only title that pushes the card hard enough for the hardware issue to manifest. Do you have other titles that can can really stress your system?

It could simply be heat -- and if so it's pretty important to sort that out, as it can cause damage if it keeps happening. Do you play with enough space around (including below) the laptop for easy airflow?

:D

I tested the GPU with these games: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Mortal Kombat X, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. No one of these generates a problem for me like The Witcher 3 :(. However, I think that The Witcher has higher requirements than these games, but they serve as an example i think.

Now I am going to test the temperature of the GPU, but I do not think that is specifically the problem, since I do not feel it too hot.

Thank you again for your answer!

If you're playing that one without issue, then I'm leaning toward either heat or drivers. However TW3's system works, it generates a LOT more heat than most games. Very demanding engine.

Also: overclocking. Are you using any? If so, what, specifically? Please indicate clock speeds and voltage adjustments. That can be brutal to a laptop.

Top Bottom