Competitive ruling: proNEO3001

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poland does favour Western countries more, but to claim racism against a Ukranian is a FAR stretch... I know many Polaks and they by no means hate Ukranians
I won't debate on this too much (forum rules) but I think you are overestimating us. As another fellow Pole I've witnessed xenophobia towards minorities several times, Ukrainians included. That said, I see absolutely no hint of prejudice in CDPR decisions, just following the sport rules and fair play.

Yet nationality is a tricky thing in sport. We tend to idolize "our" players. Most often it can be seen during football matches: if "our" team lose, we tend to blame the opponents or referees even if it is clear that the match's outcome was fair. And I honestly understand our eastern colleague - their idol is gone for months.

That's tbh one of the reasons why I don't want to see national flags next to avatars and nicks in the game. Nationalizing the play would only worsen the prejudices. I want to compete with a person, not with an ambassador of another state - and I want to be seen as a person as well, not as Poland's sport champion.

Last edited:
I want to add something about transparency and polite speach: don't make it public, send some sort of information and straight reasons (without technical and anticheat-system details, just numbers and wide description) to PRONEO, in RUSSIAN or UKRAINIAN (ask your CIS community manager to speak to him in his language), so he can know at least why he was banned. Make a dialog, let him say his point of view.

He was (and is yet) a huge person in GWENT and in CIS-community, it's not a random no-name cheater (and maybe not cheater at all, I and many others believe that he is really good player and deserves his Master's slot; 1 clip with rope-bug for 1500 games per month cannot be a solid proof as for me, considering his draws percentage was ok, and especially if he says that he is clear - I believe him as well as CDPR; if I was him - I would not risk my reputation and chances of getting into a big tournament using some illegal abuses).

First and main official charge sounds ridiculous: it's not a well-known bug, as it says, we still can't find any official information about it and accurate sequences to prock it. And of course, in-game bugs in the release version of e-sports game is 100% blame of devs, not players.

Second charge is more silly - there is no real proves of wintrading (as the case with Jointime who ask his opponents to concede right on his live-stream) and never can be. If one person give the victory to other - it's his decision, he might has reasons and he is responsible for this. Not the second one. Even if it is his friend or fan - it changes nothing.

In general, an extremely unpleasant situation, which I hope will never happen again. It's a shame for the best player from our region and favorite game. I wish the developers good luck and the most fair resolution of such disputable situations. I hope they know more than us and understand what they are doing.

Dear Gwent developers, I admire your self assurence of players intentions and I am happy, I am no professional player, because I would have been probably widely known as disgusting cheater. When there was so called "rope bug" present, it had several forms during quite long period of time. Was it there for more than 2 seasons? I do not remember precisely, however I remember this ...

During its first instance, when it was meaning loss even in advantageous position, I lost some games due to that bug. Clearly that was me trying to intentionally decrease my standing, so I would get easier opponents to win with.

During its second instance, when it was meaning drawn round and potentially won match (because of winning previous round and counting current round as a draw), I won some matches due to that bug. Clearly, I was already at lower position due to previous instance of bug and I needed sure wins against those weaker opponents.

During its third instance, when it was meaning draw and thus giving half crown even in case of completely lost position, I have got some of those crowns. Clearly, I wanted to harvest those crowns easily without trying to win matches at all.

I just wonder, what made me to change my mind so often during various phases of this one bug, when I was intentionally losing, intentionally winning and then intentionally drawing, all the time misusing this same bug. What were my real intentions behind that all and why I changed my mind so often? Why were my intentions changing always when bug behaviour changed?

(Note to curious people, why I faced rope bug so often, I do not have too good internet connection and it sometimes "falls out" during match, so I have less reaction time to play because of disconnection/connection blinking out/in, not to mention disturbing thought process needed for appropriate evaluation of position and making decision what and how to play.)

And lastly I would like to mention this. Typically, the more severe bug is, the more urgently is addressed by developer. Severe bugs have high priority, while minor bugs are solved, when programmers "get around to it". I see discrepancy between developers presented perception and actual reaction to this bug. This bug was probably not serious enough, to fix it sooner than after 2 seasons, yet it was terribly severe to give some account 3 months ban. Something does not fit there ...

When did he become Russian?
It's not cool to say that. Please do not mislead the community

Come on dude you know very well what i mean.Don't make game on words.
CIS countries.

You should get the point now clearly.I hope you are able to understand?

This is NOT about CIS players, that's for sure. I don't even want to explain why, but it's definitely not about that.
Well nobody explain anything.
Why EU-players don't said "This is NOT about CIS players" on Freddybabes stream? Why didn't CDPR take action other than the warning "Not so loud, pal!"? It's definitely not about CIS players? Words and actions of your community say the counter.
This causes mistrust in the actions of the company.

Without proof of intent, it cannot be said that HE USED the bug. We can say that some of the mmr points he received/retained because of the game bug.

Well. I already explained that but I guess it's better to ignore my answer since it not supports your opinion.
Don't know about you but I'm pro ladder player and I was aware that a bug existed and how to proc it. Also all of my friends from pro ladder, all streamers (i watch few of them) and most of their chat knew that. What's the point? If we knew also neo knew that. I don't know what evidence CDP RED has but clips posted on reddit shows him in situations where he can't win anymore and thats obvious. What he does? He emotes + waits with his move till last seconds of his turn so his action could possibly proc the bug.
Talking things like "proof that he intented that" is really silly. If I stole bag of chips from shop I'm innocent because maybe I intented just to carry it with me because bag had nice colour and I like fluffy stuff? In adults world we are evaluated on our actions. Our intentions can only support lower/higher penalty but actions is what matters. And the clue is that we have player who was aware of bug, knew how to use it and somehow (I guess it was just bad luck, not bad intentions?) he tried to use it multiple times. It's really lost case.

OFC you can try to defend him by saying that "he didn't know", "was checking previously played cards", "was drinking tea because he was dehydrated" and stuff like that but with proper game knowledge his "inentions" are clear and if you deny it (didnt see single pro player who deny that tho) you are cleary delusional.
The problem with that let's say "logic" is that it happened multiple times. We have at least 4 clips so we can assume that CDP RED could dig more "attempts".
If that rope bug happened only few times there wasn't be a problem. Why? Because shit happens and everyone is aware of that. I also was rope bugged by Crozyr (sorry for using your example, don't hate me) and it wasn't a big deal (I mean I flamed him on his stream because I'm not nice person) but in the end it was single action that was not repeatedly happening and that's why Crozyr is somehow not banned. Or maybe because he is part of those evil western conspiracy who for some unknown reason wants to shame CIS region?
PPL also was banned before (3 days ban?) for using multiple times bug with neutral traveling merchant card. So they could gather evidence before but now in neo's case everything is "suspicious"? Also neo is not the only player who was banned but only who is ekhm... "defended". If you just try to be consistent in your "claims" you need to say that all bans ever was "unfair" since "what about intentions?" "where are proofs?" etc.

In his last stream, Proneo said that he contacted CDPR on this issue. CDPR replied: "you can do nothing about it." Can CDPR confirm or deny this?

He didn't show anything. CDPR can't show their corespondency but Neo can. Why he didnt do that? It's not hard to show emails.

That is what I am talking about. Proneo constantly being called cheater, bugabuser and wintrader. However, without proving his intentions this is not fair.

IDK what you have with that "proof his intentions" thing. Guess you call for that because it's something really hard to "proof" and there will be always "field" to say "that didnt convience me, he didnt mean that".
Anyways like I said above, actions is what matter. Also after watching clips his intentions are so far clear for every community member who don't identify with neo. But let's ignore that because it's evil western players conspiracy. Somehow only ppl close to him so far had any doubts. Not weird at all xD
Calling cheaters, bugabusers or wintraders by those terms is perfectly correct. Maybe not most polite but people can be angry.

The clips do not contain evidence of intentional use of the bug.

Yeah, because taking multiple times actions that can proc bug without any other reason for that is not proof at all xD
I really don't want to be mean but you pretend that only situation when neo salutes and says "I, Proneo intended to rope bug my opponent" would be good enough evidence. Or maybe still not good enough because he only said that but maybe intended something else? Sorry but if you want to convience to your opinion anyone who already not support you this is not the correct way.

And here is nothing funny. Proneo speaks Russian. He responded to the accusations in russian. Those who understand russian believed him. He have tried to reply on reddit but his thread was downvoted and banned.

You again doing this disgusting "My opinion = Opinion of all CIS people" thing. Please stop that.
Plot twist, I also speak russian and I don't believe in his single word (i mean I don't say he always lies but that sentence sounds so good xD) from that clip.
Also it really not help if you start your "line of defense" with accusing Alessio for hating CIS+China regions ; ) BTW I see situations like that are becoming much more popular "They accused us for something only because they hate us". It's really dangerous path.
He also "tries" to "explain" why people surrender to him. If he didn't win trade (we, as community have no good proof for that) and never intend to do that he should do 2 things that every person with common sense would do on his place. 1 - Contact with CDPR (He didnt show any proof that he did that). 2 - Ask his viewers/friends to not surrender for him which I assume he didnt do? Also it's pretty weird that people was randomly losing games vs neo but not vs only players.
Saying things like "I don't who this Nik_r guy is" when we have screenshots with neo having him on his friend lists is... let's say pretty weird. Also people was saying that they played at least one friendly game together but I didnt see any proof for that (I'm not a detective like Freddy xD).
Later he says that he was banned not for wintrading but only for rope abusing which is a lie. Rope bug was main reason but not only as Pavko Gale said (I'm such a joker).
Showing alessios clip where he losing 32-56 anh is last play is leader that makes 16 points (so he loses) with argumentation like "People in pro rank think a lot and rope a lot" is just a really poorly made lie. OFC ppl sometimes rope to think but if you need 20-30s to notice that 32+16 is always less than 56 your place is in primary school not in pro rank. Unless you are a lier and just try to rope bug to avoid obvious lose. Pretty funny that poor guy must think that much when simple math says that he already lost. Same thing with other clips.
I see that he tried to undermine trust in the "process" and give those who believe ProNeo's version a reason to feel good about that but acting as helpless victim of Freedys crusade (like CDPR don't have any better proof that his "pro" "evidences" made in paint) won't fool anyone. This video is really on low level and whole point is Neo talking stuff like "I didnt know, I didnt want, .. etc" but those evil guys who speak english for some reason made witch hunt on me. Kinda childish.

Also I really hate like some of you tries to turn it into west vs CIS. As community we should stand together versus all rule breakers no matter of nationality.

I want to add something about transparency and polite speach: don't make it public, send some sort of information and straight reasons (without technical and anticheat-system details, just numbers and wide description) to PRONEO, in RUSSIAN or UKRAINIAN (ask your CIS community manager to speak to him in his language), so he can know at least why he was banned. Make a dialog, let him say his point of view.

He was (and is yet) a huge person in GWENT and in CIS-community, it's not a random no-name cheater (and maybe not cheater at all, I and many others believe that he is really good player and deserves his Master's slot; 1 clip with rope-bug for 1500 games per month cannot be a solid proof as for me, considering his draws percentage was ok, and especially if he says that he is clear - I believe him as well as CDPR; if I was him - I would not risk my reputation and chances of getting into a big tournament using some illegal abuses).

First and main official charge sounds ridiculous: it's not a well-known bug, as it says, we still can't find any official information about it and accurate sequences to prock it. And of course, in-game bugs in the release version of e-sports game is 100% blame of devs, not players.

Second charge is more silly - there is no real proves of wintrading (as the case with Jointime who ask his opponents to concede right on his live-stream) and never can be. If one person give the victory to other - it's his decision, he might has reasons and he is responsible for this. Not the second one. Even if it is his friend or fan - it changes nothing.

In general, an extremely unpleasant situation, which I hope will never happen again. It's a shame for the best player from our region and favorite game. I wish the developers good luck and the most fair resolution of such disputable situations. I hope they know more than us and understand what they are doing.
but 1 clip with rope-bug is good enough for CDPR ban him already

Don't know about you but I'm pro ladder player and I was aware that a bug existed and how to proc it. Also all of my friends from pro ladder, all streamers (i watch few of them) and most of their chat knew that.
Is good to make your personal experience above everything. I'm pro-ladder player aswell, and i know about this bug only from yesterday posts on ru version of this forum (because for now you dont need much to get pro-ladder) and i know alot of streamers who doesnt know the bug and never used it (atleast on stream). So, why your personal experience proves more than mine?

OFC you can try to defend him by saying that "he didn't know", "was checking previously played cards", "was drinking tea because he was dehydrated" and stuff like that but with proper game knowledge his "inentions" are clear and if you deny it (didnt see single pro player who deny that tho) you are cleary delusional.

So, would you ban Lifecoach and Superjj for that if they wasnt leave? Because always waited to the rope and made their moves. Probably they was intend to use this bug aswell, according to your logic. Swim too btw prefer to wait until rope and do all moves at the end.

Also neo is not the only player who was banned but only who is ekhm... "defended". If you just try to be consistent in your "claims" you need to say that all bans ever was "unfair" since "what about intentions?" "where are proofs?" etc.
So what? He's famous person in Gwent Community (atleast for CIS) and people want some explanations. Situation with JJpasak (dont like this guy, using only as example) was similar. Or if CDPR ban Freddybabes, for example, everyone will stay silent and accept this?

Saying things like "I don't who this Nik_r guy is" when we have screenshots with neo having him on his friend lists is... let's say pretty weird.
I have Pawel Burza on friendlist, so if i concede vs him, Burza became wintrader?
He's streamer and he can add alot of his fans on friendlist withouth checking their profiles, and ofcourse there chance that some of this fans can concede to their famous streamer, so ban for this the one who concede, atleast if you dont have proofs (like it was with Jointime, where ban was completely fair, and i agree with that). Nick_R was concede vs Gameking aswell. Are going to demand Gameking's ban? I think not.

Last edited:
Well nobody explain anything.
Why EU-players don't said "This is NOT about CIS players" on Freddybabes stream? Why didn't CDPR take action other than the warning "Not so loud, pal!"? It's definitely not about CIS players? Words and actions of your community say the counter.
This causes mistrust in the actions of the company.

Please, we are all in this together, so let's not get all pumped up over individual players, but let us unite for what's best for the game. We all play (and hopefully like) this game, so let's spend our energy on this forum to try to help CDPR instead of complaining. This is what matters. If you are from Europe (anywhere in Europe, including CIS), China, US or some other place, it does not matter. We all play this together, so let's make the best out of it.

If you guys know about any bugs, spend your energy to report these to CDPR and to press them to fix the bugs as soon as possible. If you think someone is cheating, report it to CDPR and trust that they will take care of it.

Let's just have a good time, together.
Post automatically merged:

Please read and understand the statement in the first post from CDPR. They have SOLID evidence and multiple reasons for their decisions. The player in question should be happy about his mild punishment. He get's to play Gwent again in 3 months. I think it was fair to give him a new chance. You should consider this.

Last edited:
If you guys know about any bugs, spend your energy to report these to CDPR and to press them to fix the bugs as soon as possible. If you think someone is cheating, report it to CDPR and trust that they will take care of it.
Well proNEO said about GameKing's ghosting. Did CDPR take care of it?
Look at that from CIS-players side. Some EU-players influencers make videos about CIS-players influencer. They talk about CIS-conspiracy and call their "colleague" a scumbag. They make threads on reddit. When CIS-community make threads on reddit about their vision of the situation, threads downvoted and banned. Then follows the CIS-players influencer's ban. And no public proofs. You guys ask to be trusted. But why? Just imagine how hard it is to dispel an established opinion. And how easy it is to simply ban a CIS-player and not bother and not lose points from a more valuable EU-community. Tell me that this situation is impossible. And explain why.

And explain why.

Being ill towards others is wrong, we are all the same, it doesn't matter where we come from. I cannot justify if someone discriminates against another because of where they come from, it's just wrong. They have to take personal responsibility for that and stop it.

There is no "you guys" here. I'm with you as much as I am with someone from Germany or someone from Africa or from the US. Where you are from does not matter at all. There is no "you guys", there is just "we". We who play Gwent, all of us.

Cheating is wrong, and I will leave it to CDPR to deal with that. As a Gwent player I will partake in discussions about the game on this forum, and I will report anyone I think is cheating (which has yet never happened). But then I leave that to CDPR, and I don't expect them to answer, or to see any evidence. It's up to CDPR alone, not me, and not you.

It is way more than one clip. There are other issues with this ban, as you can clearly see if you open your eyes a little. If there is one suspicious thing you could say "Whatever", but when there is accumulation of familiar events, you can stop with excuses and go for the action, which is exactly what CDPR did.

The biggest problem with this situation is that we are talking about the VERY TOP of the Leaderboard here, where every Crown Point matter in Dollar signs (more or less). This is what makes this situation so problematic and every suspicion about cheating must be looked at WAY closer than any other familiar situation.

Looking at the evidence provided from some of the videos alone, I can pretty much make my mind about what happened and to congratulate CDPR for the step they took WITH EVEN MORE DATA that they had looked at.

Cries for some sorta "racism" are laughable (especially Polish people be racist against Slavs :coolstory: ) if anything they spared him once for that infamous game with his House of Cards fellow). Point is - this could be anyone - black, white, green or multi-colored, but this one anyone happened to be a popular Russian speaking streamer. Who even had the audacity/stupidity to stream some of his shenanigans.

Bottom line is - he s#1t in his own pants and got what was coming to him.

Kudos to CDPR for dealing with this the only way possible. :howdy:

PS I just saw someone above mentioned Swim and his roping. Problem with your theory is, I've never seen Swim doing this to reap benefits for a game he's losing. He's doing this CONSTANTLY because he's thinking if this is the right move or reading chat or whatever. NEVER once i've seen him do this to explore a bug, especially on the Pro Ladder (haven't seen him play there either). What I saw from this videos was some that was OBVIOUSLY losing trying to get benefits from a bug that he was familiar with, reaping benefits that would help him to get ON TOP of the Leaderbord, opening him the gates to play in an official tournament for real life money.

PPS And just to mention - I am from Bulgaria. Another Eastern European country that is considered Slavic.

Last edited:
Being ill towards others is wrong, we are all the same, it doesn't matter where we come from. I cannot justify if someone discriminates against another because of where they come from, it's just wrong. They have to take personal responsibility for that and stop it.

There is no "you guys" here. I'm with you as much as I am with someone from Germany or someone from Africa or from the US. Where you are from does not matter at all. There is no "you guys", there is just "we". We who play Gwent, all of us.

Cheating is wrong, and I will leave it to CDPR to deal with that. As a Gwent player I will partake in discussions about the game on this forum, and I will report anyone I think is cheating (which has yet never happened). But then I leave that to CDPR, and I don't expect them to answer, or to see any evidence. It's up to CDPR alone, not me, and not you.
But trust is undermined. We asking restore it. And hear back "Privacy" and "legal reasons". CDPR didn't do anything to confirm your words. It's still looks like witch hunt. Can you believe in GameKing's ban after video from Cmel (in theory)? How many people would shift from trusting to demand evidence? I want equality, you talk about equality, but I don't see it on practice.
Cries for some sorta "racism" are laughable (especially Polish people be racist against Slavs :coolstory: ) if anything they spared him once for that infamous game with his House of Cards fellow). .
Poland-Ukraine relations. Google it. It's not funny.
And it's not about that. It's EU-community and CIS-community. And Bulgaria not in CIS. That's why this problem for you - just coolstory. That's what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

I like your style and the way you thinking, i would be happy if this will be as you say.
But try to look it from different perspective. At the end of the season Freddybabes and Gameking start all of this, queue-sniping and the rest, bullying ProNeo with their friends, accusing for every sins in the world. After that CDPR ban ProNeo, saying "we spoke with Freddy" and "we not going to share any details with you". I'm not trying to accuse CDPR for something, but alot of people from CIS community seems that isnt fair. And EU-streamers already blamed Cmel (Ru gwent player) for wintrading without proofs and again they haven't problem with that. And now our community afraid that soon it became order of things: someone from EU doesnt like someone from regon where people dont use english, make accusations and this people get ban. Again, i'm not trying to blame EU-guys, not trying to blame CDPR, but thats fears really there, and people, who playing really well, saying that they will leave to other CCG (With some Magic word in name lol) after this situation, coz they afraid to get ban in the end of season, coz someone doesnt like them.
And to prevent this, we asking CDPR to share us why they ban ProNeo,that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom