Pre-order bonuses

+
I just pre-ordered the CE on GameMania in Netherlands, and I noticed that they're advertising with having a "Samurai Medallion" as GameMania-exclusive pre-order bonus.
What!?! Did CD Projekt RED cave in and are they now participating in those store-specific pre-order bonuses as well?
And if so, how many variations are there?

Or will everyone who pre-orders the game anywhere in the world, get that same pre-order bonus?

I just pre-ordered the CE on GameMania in Netherlands, and I noticed that they're advertising with having a "Samurai Medallion" as GameMania-exclusive pre-order bonus.
What!?! Did CD Projekt RED cave in and are they now participating in those store-specific pre-order bonuses as well?
And if so, how many variations are there?

Or will everyone who pre-orders the game anywhere in the world, get that same pre-order bonus?

There are some who get steelbooks as far as I know (For the standard edition)

There are some who get steelbooks as far as I know (For the standard edition)

Yeah, I saw another post indicating that there are 4 different steelbooks. I wonder if the one included in the CE is going to be random, or the same for all CEs in a certain region.

I also saw a few other retailers advertising with a Maelstrom keychain.

Any other pre-order bonuses?

What is the "avatar" bonus from ordering through GOG? Forum ones? extra avatarchoices in game?

1560299509702.png

What is the "avatar" bonus from ordering through GOG? Forum ones? extra avatarchoices in game?

View attachment 11003146
I'd like to know this as well. If it's simply forum avatars, it doesn't mean much to me.
I usually just get my games on Steam (for the fact that 98% of my games are there at this point). I've gotten a few things through GoG (like the first Pillars of Eternity). And I wouldn't be against pre-ordering Cyberpunk from GoG.
My main issue with GoG is patches. I've found that a lot of games tend to lag behind when it comes to updates as opposed to Steam.

Exclusivity is coming it seems, not just for launchers for but stores as well.

MP3 player with Cyberpunk music loeaded into it would have been nice.

It doesn't seem like it's CDPR's choice (I imagine Warner Brothers' is responsible for this), but yes, there are store-specific exclusives. I was hoping they wouldn't do this after the debacle with the Witcher 3's Xbox collector's edition and its exclusive real-life gwent pack.

It frustrates me, because you are already paying $250 for the Collector's Edition. And yet, even if you buy from one store that has goodies, you are still missing out on extra stuff. For $250. $250. And that doesn't get you everything.

You would have to pay $500 to get everything. That is astonishingly unfair in my eyes. If you are paying top-dollar for a fancy edition, that should get you all of the fancy stuff -- period. No "oh but you bought from the wrong store!" nonsense.

But as Cyberware pointed out, this is how the industry works now. I do not blame CDPR for it (again, I doubt it's their choice), but it's a sad move nonetheless.

Regardless, I'm opting for the Samurai Medallion one, because as much as I like the steelbooks, a medallion is something I'll actually wear.

But as Cyberware pointed out, this is how the industry works now. I do not blame CDPR for it (again, I doubt it's their choice), but it's a sad move nonetheless.

It creates traffic between the stores and launchers, I kinda see where they are going with this.

I’m pretty sure that the medallions and posters will show up on the CDPR store, just after the release of the game. Otherwise that would be a missed opportunity.
I hope, the steelbooks will also show up on the store.

I believe CDPR can’t talk about this right now and we will have to wait til after the release of the game. But maybe someone can give us a hint. :cool:

P.S. The avatars from the GOG release are forum avatars. Many games on GOG give you this extra.

I’m pretty sure that the medallions and posters will show up on the CDPR store, just after the release of the game. Otherwise that would be a missed opportunity.
I hope, the steelbooks will also show up on the store.

I believe CDPR can’t talk about this right now and we will have to wait til after the release of the game. But maybe someone can give us a hint. :cool:

P.S. The avatars from the GOG release are forum avatars. Many games on GOG give you this extra.

They always do, Ive bought dozen of digital CEs and stuff and they always appear on the store later.

I think this exclusivity thing is nice, lets say CDPR likes some game whats coming, they could buy exclusive right to it so they can release on GoG before actual launch date. Smart companies know what game to pick for exclusivity.

I *do* blame CDPR, even if it's not their own choice. It saddens me that, in the past, CDPR has always been so very vocal against such practices, always doing what's best for the customers, not what's best for the retailers.
And then they close a deal with Warner Bros, in which they apparently give WB the freedom to do these kinds of things... going against what they originally stood for.
Bioware used to be a great company too, before they signed a deal with EA. It would be sad to see CDPR heading in the same direction.

CDPR folks! I haven't found a way to buy/pre-order collector's edition for RU region, can you point me the direction, if I'm "blind", or just give me CDPR bank acc number, I just throw money there and will be waiting for shipment, when it will be ready :D

It doesn't seem like it's CDPR's choice (I imagine Warner Brothers' is responsible for this), but yes, there are store-specific exclusives. I was hoping they wouldn't do this after the debacle with the Witcher 3's Xbox collector's edition and its exclusive real-life gwent pack.

It frustrates me, because you are already paying $250 for the Collector's Edition. And yet, even if you buy from one store that has goodies, you are still missing out on extra stuff. For $250. $250. And that doesn't get you everything.

You would have to pay $500 to get everything. That is astonishingly unfair in my eyes. If you are paying top-dollar for a fancy edition, that should get you all of the fancy stuff -- period. No "oh but you bought from the wrong store!" nonsense.

Regardless, I'm opting for the Samurai Medallion one, because as much as I like the steelbooks, a medallion is something I'll actually wear.

I think you also need to be a power up rewards member to get the medallion... Whatever that means.

I think you also need to be a power up rewards member to get the medallion... Whatever that means.
Yes, this is accurate. It's basically a loyalty program they have at GameStop, and you need to go into the store physically to sign up for it (it is free, though).

Yes, this is accurate. It's basically a loyalty program they have at GameStop, and you need to go into the store physically to sign up for it (it is free, though).

So I ordered online. Can i just walk into my game stop and get put on this program and be guaranteed the medallion, if its available, or how does that work?

So I ordered online. Can i just walk into my game stop and get put on this program and be guaranteed the medallion, if its available, or how does that work?
Ok, so, you'll need to go in and sign up for the program. They are going to try to get you to get the $14.99/year version. Don't do it unless you want free Game Informer magazines, it's not necessary for the bonus. Free version works just fine.

Then go on to the website and click the "PowerUp Rewards" button at the top (do NOT try to link your card, it won't work and they don't give cards anymore). Hold on to your powerup rewards receipt because it has a number you'll need to use in this area. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your online account to your powerup rewards number.

Then, call Customer Care to get them to apply your power-up rewards account to your order. Explain clearly that you are trying to make sure you get the Samurai Medallion pre-order bonus. Verify that they understand/did it at the end of the call before hanging up. The next day, call Customer Care again to verify that you will get it (this is probably not necessary, but the reps do not speak very good English so I wasn't entirely sure if they understood me sometimes).

Ok, so, you'll need to go in and sign up for the program. They are going to try to get you to get the $14.99/year version. Don't do it unless you want free Game Informer magazines, it's not necessary for the bonus.

Then go on to the website and click the "PowerUp Rewards" button at the top (do NOT try to link your card, it won't work and they don't give cards anymore). Hold on to your powerup rewards receipt because it has a number you'll need to use in this area. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your online account to your powerup rewards number.

Then, call Customer Care to get them to apply your power-up rewards account to your order. Explain clearly that you are trying to make sure you get the Samurai Medallion pre-order bonus. Verify that they understand/did it at the end of the call before hanging up. The next day, call Customer Care again to verify that you will get it (this is probably not necessary, but the reps do not speak very good English so I wasn't entirely sure if they understood me sometimes).
Thank you

I *do* blame CDPR, even if it's not their own choice. It saddens me that, in the past, CDPR has always been so very vocal against such practices, always doing what's best for the customers, not what's best for the retailers.
And then they close a deal with Warner Bros, in which they apparently give WB the freedom to do these kinds of things... going against what they originally stood for.
Bioware used to be a great company too, before they signed a deal with EA. It would be sad to see CDPR heading in the same direction.

They cant be players puppies forever. In the end they are here to make money. It couldnt be any better time, Wticher 3 was awesome, metacritic 93 speaks for itself, its the time. Whats the worst that can happen? They screw it up, but I bet some of the big publishers buys them.

Top Bottom