Can CDPR Devs share E3 2019 System Specs?

+
What was the build of the system used during E3 2019? What resolution was it running at?

I am curious what all (if anything) has changed from last year's presentation given that there is some interesting new hardware that has come to the market.

I apologize if this has already been answered, I did not find any material related to it yet.

Last edited:
I did a lot of searching and reading from various YouTube channels and also from this article and it looks like I have a decent idea of the system.

https://www.spieltimes.com/featured...-detail-from-the-cyberpunk-2077-private-demo/
"
  • The final game will feature ray traced global illumination and support for Nvidia’s RTX. We were led to believe the demo also featured ray tracing, and the lighting was phenomenal
"
"
  • I noticed moments where the frame rate drops, especially with intense outdoor lighting and fog
"

My best guess assuming ray tracing was enabled (also coincides with the announcement with Nvidia) is:
Intel Core i9 9900k
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
32GB RAM 3200MHz
1920x1080
~30 FPS min, ~75-95 AVG

I think with the extra single threaded performance and comparing to last year's system I think this is the direction they went and also I think they want to show a great (not overkill) gaming PC. If this was the system and it is running ray tracing with 'max' graphics buttery smooth with minor hiccups I'd say that is very impressive with 10 months to go.

My hats off to the CDPR's dev team.

-Edit-
For reference last year's E3 system:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K running at 3.7GHz
  • RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V running at 3000MHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • SSD: Samsung 960 Pro (512GB)
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 600W
-Edit 2-
Actual E3 2019 specs from Vattier:
CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: Titan RTX
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

Last edited:
You took into account that it still needs to run on the PS4 and XBox one?

It's unlikely that even the next gen consoles can handle your shopping list. You seem way, WAY, WAY off above the mark.

It's going to get heavily optimized downwards. Even now, the requirements of that demo should be equal or below the previous demo.

@ReeseNE
CPU and GPU might be reasonable, but RAM is overkill.

At this point I'd like to inform you that the amount of RAM and VRAM, even disk space, is highly overrated.
It's no wonder, because the propaganda "AAA" industry doesn't care about optimization at all, which leads to high requirements on such games.
CDPR did very well job with Witcher 3 in this regard. This game was so large, and the engine was looking so awesome, and it required less than half of specs what many other games required, from which were even looking less good and weak with contents compared to Witcher 3.

This'll probably be the last process of development a few months before the release in CP2077. When CDPR is doing it right, the game will be done already, but they'll have to do optimization, bug-fixing etc. to get the most out of the engine before it launches, thus we'll most likely see system requirements shortly before the release date.

Last edited:
I should mention the baseline for my assumptions are last years system:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K running at 3.7GHz
  • RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V running at 3000MHz
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
  • SSD: Samsung 960 Pro (512GB)
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 600W
With ray tracing and also keeping about the same pricepoint as last years system it makes sense they went with a 2080Ti. The extra single threaded speed and extra cores makes me think they switched to the 9900k, especially with ray tracing bringing down the performance.

Yes this will need to work on modern consoles and it will meet its requirement without ray tracing, that should be available next gen. Ray tracing on PC requires a pretty strong PC to play 'maxed' out

Consoles is like w/e.
They don't need so much power for console. CP2077 won't look the same on console as on PC anyway, just like almost all other games.
They don't need such a high-grade hardware on console, because the graphics on consoles will be downgraded so it runs smooth on consoles with decent looks reasonable.

Anyway, at this point, I personally think that CP2077 might very likely require both, CPU and GPU to be high-range, because of objects that has to be calculated for example in the city its environment e.g. the large amount of citizens moving around, or cars driving etc. (seen from previous demo, it was a very huge amount - not to be taken so easily even after optimization) so the gap for CPU usage might be high, while GPU too for its enormous range of graphics caluclated and perhaps the physics.
RAM shouldn't exceed 4-8GB (depending on graphics settings).

Be as that may, that's still hardly "official".

There might also be quite a bit of optimization going on that could make CP77 run better on a console's 1.31 tflops, than it will on that of an equivalent PC.

Downgrade you mean

You know what I meant. Console hardware is innately more efficient than Desktop at running the same software. That's all you're getting out of me. You're going to have to start the flame war you're looking for, with someone else, somewhere else.

its a ram heavy game, lots of stuff going on on screen.

Didn't see any of these bad boys in the gameplay so far
:howdy:

2d-ram-broadside-archery-target.jpg

According to an article the discussed the E3 2019 demo, it claimed that the demo was running on a PS4 Pro. The author also said that the graphics and lighting looked incredible, and he actually thought it was running on a PC.

The game doesn't have Global Illumination ray traced. So far they got: ray traced ambient occlusion, reflections and diffused illumination. I guess diffused illumination is something like lite version of GI.

Top Bottom