"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Wait, So is this 100% confirmed? Is this source reliable?
Are we actually getting only one apartment in the game?
If this is actually the case, i would be very disappointed.
As stated here before, i want to see V's journey from a low-end broke mercenary to a high society character.
And it just wouldn't work with only one place to live in the low life broke zones in the city.
Man, I really want my Penthouse :X

Could be a fun and potentially useful money sink. If we only get 'the one' safe house, then upgrading and decorating it should be a thing. It was in Blood and Wine.

Yep, it was a thing in Blood & Wine, second expansion. So maybe, if CP2077 does well and gets expansions, this feature will be also introduced?

I can totally imagine CDPR focusing on the real, important story in CP2077 and then exploring some more light-hearted themes in expansions. Like, a theme of "gettin rich or dying trying in the glamour world of Night CIty show business"...wouldn't that be cool :cool:

Yep, it was a thing in Blood & Wine, second expansion. So maybe, if CP2077 does well and gets expansions, this feature will be also introduced?

I can totally imagine CDPR focusing on the real, important story in CP2077 and then exploring some more light-hearted themes in expansions. Like, a theme of "gettin rich or dying trying in the glamour world of Night CIty show business"...wouldn't that be cool :cool:

I would be a little less concerned when there is a confirmation that it will be added in DLC, still disappointed but cooled off. Not maybe, not we're thinking about it but a clear confirmation. Being so quiet during all the interviews, besides the one with Kasia seems like it's true. There's no addressing an issue also and I'm sure they've seen that hundreds/thousands of people are talking about it here and on reddit today.

The one apartment I could accept it, as long as it is arrenged differently to reflect, with enviromental storytelling, the lifepath you choose in the moment of the character creation. That would be neat.

I tried to stay away from posting on this forum, since I may sound more bitter than I want to, but yikes. That's a big turn off. Big to the point that I needed to express my disappointment not only by liking other people's post.

Every day I read something about this game that instantly raises a red flag for me. Every day we stray further from that game they've been telling us.

Sure, CDPR have a lot of experience on making story driven games and I kinda want to trust them again, but they sure aren't helping.

I just hope they stop cutting shit out like this...

Last edited:
I would be a little less concerned when there is a confirmation that it will be added in DLC, still disappointed but cooled off. Not maybe, not we're thinking about it but a clear confirmation. Being so quiet during all the interviews, besides the one with Kasia seems like it's true. There's no addressing an issue also and I'm sure they've seen that hundreds/thousands of people are talking about it here and on reddit today.

Interviews at E3 are preeeettty dynamic. Not every question gets asked in every conversation with the devs. So it's not like devs were quiet about this or that issue. It depends if they get asked about it.

Also, bear in mind that most of their communication team is back from LA, with huge jet lags and probably taking the weekend off to get back in shape. Then on monday - debriefings after E3. So the issue might not be addressed right away.

This is indeed disappointing. But at the same time, I've never really liked the fact that a character could own multiple luxurious appartements as it doesn't fit with the story being told most of the time.
Never understood why a rich Dragonborn would keep risking his life exploring dangerous tombs when he could just chill with his family in his deluxe mansion in Solitude for exemple.

Still, having a nice selection of houses that are more or less of the same quality with the only change being the design and scenery, would be a welcome addition. As others have said, if V's reputation starts growing, he/she's about to make lots of ennemies so constantly moving arounf makes sense.

I'd have been ok with one apartment if there was customisation, especially stuff that gives every-day life benefits.

It's not terrible, just a bit of a shame. I liked the idea of multiple safe houses, even if we didn't 'own' them. One in each district with all those different styles and status. After a long mission, you could go back to your penthouse and watch the sunset against the city skyline while pondering your next moves.

Do people here think this means that V is pretty much going to have the same status throughout the game, apart from the all important street cred?

I mean, in games you sometimes got better apartments because it was also part of a characters goals and arc; getting richer, makin' it to the top etc, but maybe V struggles financially the whole time.

I thought after the fact that they were looking at RDR2 and what it did well, that they were going to put emphasis on the open-world immersion. Immersion is why I think RDR2 is the best open-world game to be created. What is the use of an open-world if you can't participate in it? No clubbing, no poker, no dancing? This is CyberPunk! Well I'm still excited for the great story it will tell.

desapointment2.png
desapointment1.png

Three friends have cancelled pre orders, they say if this was cancelled many other things will be, the game will look and play very different from the 48 minute demo and in not in a good way, for those who like how it was well FBEEP you...
that's why i also don't preorder...
Maybe after the release the game will turn out to be good but let's wait...

View attachment 11003965View attachment 11003968
Three friends have cancelled pre orders, they say if this was cancelled many other things will be, the game will look and play very different from the 48 minute demo and in not in a good way, for those who like how it was well FBEEP you...
Really? Because of apartments? Skyrim had 8 houses and I didn't care about them.

Last edited:
Really? Because of apartments? Skyrim had 8 houses and I didn't care about them.

"they say if this was cancelled many other things will be, the game will look and play very different from the 48 minute demo and in not in a good way"
for me it's a bummer, but we'll just mod the thing later...

View attachment 11003965View attachment 11003968

You and you're friends are skipping an entire game because of one feature that would have represented 1% of the content? Wow.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Top Bottom