Developer Stream 17.06.2019

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us live tomorrow at 4PM CEST for a very special developer stream, where will be going through the upcoming expansion! You don't want to miss this one!

Any hints on what this entails? Is this a new card set like Crimson Curse, or will Redania be the new faction?
Sadly 4 cest means morning work hours in NA, but I'll check it out after.

Did any devs hint at this? To me a new faction would be Zerrikania or Ofir... does Order of Flaming Rose have enough to constitute a full faction?
Yes there is a tweet by Jason Slama hinting at this faction. The Order and Redania are somewhat related and this could bring a lot of cards that were cut coming into Homecoming like Radovid, Witch Hunters, Shani, Redanian Knigh-Elect, etc.

I dont think so, there wont be enough card or leaders, its going to be Entire Redania or something else

Order of eternal flame can actually encompass also Order of red rose, Novigrad and Salamandra, actually. So there will be more than enough cards and leaders. Redania itself will be propably normal addon to NR.

I guess the faction is named "Sindicate", as on the coin from the "leak". It would be an alliance between Dijkstra, Esterad Thyssen, Jacques de Aldersberg, Hemmelfart and Madame Luiza.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Nice, i know there was talk about the expansion coming 'this summer', but i expected that we would only start getting info at late July, for an August release...

But with a dev stream tomorrow, maybe we'll get the expansion in July? Maybe even end of June? I hope not, or my exams are screwed.

If that's it, you think Cleaver and Wiley are going to be faction specific?
Cleaver and Wiley operate outside the law, so I guess the neutral class suits them... But then again, the rules for what goes in one faction and not another is super muddled.
They also have Oxenfurt Scholar, which would be Novigrad through and through, so wonder what they'll do with that.
To me Novigrad would make more sense as a new card set, and the new faction would be better suited to Ofier or Zerrikania. We'll see tomorrow.

Cleaver and Wiley operate outside the law, so I guess the neutral class suits them... But then again, the rules for what goes in one faction and not another is super muddled.
They also have Oxenfurt Scholar, which would be Novigrad through and through, so wonder what they'll do with that.
To me Novigrad would make more sense as a new card set, and the new faction would be better suited to Ofier or Zerrikania. We'll see tomorrow.
True. I guess the syndicate would be kind of restricted as a faction, but I'd like to see a bandit archetype coming out

rrc

Forum veteran
If I have to guess, I would guess that, this Novigrad Update is not about the new faction, but just a small expansion which will introduce few/some cards for each faction which will support the unfinished unflushed archetypes of all four factions (and will further strengthen and make more OP the SK faction). A new faction will not be dropped as a month end update or with just one dev stream about it and in couple of weeks.

I still believe Eternal Fire will be the new faction. And with Eternal Fire, Witch Hunters, Red Rose and Mutants we already quite a lot of their card arts. Add to that Redania under Radovid, which exists too already and lastly Salamandra and you get a full faction.

And noone said this has to be the only livestream for the new faction.

If it is really just an update I expect Redania for NR realms, Halflings and Townelves for ST, more spies including d'Attre for NG
Wraith for MO and no idea for SK

Wait, didn't Slama said he's sick of "knight" factions and they are looking for something different?

BTW, I'm pretty sure if they push themselves a bit, they can make an entire faction out of the Wild Hunt/Aen Elle and it will be way more fun than splitting Redania and Novigrad from NR.

Hell, even Kovir and Povis as a faction are making tons more sense to me.

Top Bottom