"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Is there any indication for that? Because I haven't seen it anywhere.
I posted it in the last page.
According to this article, depending on what backstory you choose, you'll have a different start (and possibly different homes). Unless I'm understanding it wrong.

If they didn't changed the design of it, last year we saw the apartment that V has if he/she chooses the "corpo" path.

If it's true that your starting point changes based on lifepaths (and thus your apartement is different), then this thread is absolutely irrilevant

Too bad I haven't seen them say anything of the sort. Would be great, though, if it were true.

EDIT:
According to this article, depending on what backstory you choose, you'll have a different start (and possibly different homes). Unless I'm understanding it wrong.

This is hugely important news. I wish we didn't need to go full FBI investigation to find this kind of information, though. This changes my outlook on the subject completely. I wish the actually interesting information was more forthcoming.

Last edited:
@Joaomanoel That's very interesting, thank you! It definitely seems that this choice will give you some form of different origin story/different start. That is very cool.

If this would also mean, that your apartment is different, then that would (for me personally) be even better than the possibility to buy different apartments, but since this is not stated or even inclined in the text, I will remain doubtful for now.

Your starting point in the game will always be the same.
It's just your origins, your life before the start of the game that you can choose in the beginning.
(Basically this will unlock different lines of dialogue)

Your starting point will always be the same.
It's just your origins, your life before the start of the game that you can choose in the beginning.
(Basically this will just unlock different lines of dialogue)

Please read the article linked here, which is from interview of Pawel Sasko in E3 this year
https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-badlands-nomads/

“You can be one of the nomads as a player and you can start there, being part of a family of the Nomads,” Sasko explained.

Yup. More than happy to let our apartment be a consequence of our background options.

It's funny. This means that the claim that "V" can having multiple appartments, is still true. "V" just can't have all of them in the same lifetime. In general, I'm the kind of weirdo made happy by my choices having clear consequences, even if those restrict me and give the dev an excuse of a lighter workload.

Your starting point will always be the same.

lead quest designer Pawel Sasko said:
You can be one of the nomads as a player and you can start there

I'll go with the lead quest designer.

I initially thought there'd be an available apartment/home in each district, with varying degrees of luxury/customization. This is disappointing news for sure. Owning property is one of the more rewarding long-term gains in what is ultimately a simulated city.

Yup. More than happy to let our apartment be a consequence of our background options.

It's funny. This means that the claim that "V" can having multiple appartments, is still true. "V" just can't have all of them in the same lifetime. In general, I'm the kind of weirdo made happy by my choices having clear consequences, even if those restrict me and give the dev an excuse of a lighter workload.

If this is like we're thinking, they ditched purchasable apartments for homes that only appear depending on your backstory. I actually prefer that tbh.

If this is like we're thinking, they ditched purchasable apartments for homes that only appear depending on your backstory. I actually prefer that tbh.

It doesn't discard the notion that an apartment is a status symbol, and that buying a new one would imply you have made enough money to do so, move forward in life. So we can still make informed assumptions about where the story is taking you. (or not taking you)

However, this goes a long way of dismissing my fears of restricted, shallow game world.

On that topic, I guess that the car and apartment as status symbols, would have been preceded by personal augmentation in 2077.

Not that having a nice apartment doesn't help. Corpos even show off their food by importing it from Europe, but I guess things that impractical wouldn't be useful to a fixer like V.

But yeah, agreed. This decision satisfies me. Like I said, I'm a big fan of tying choices to consequences.

It doesn't discard the notion that an apartment is a status symbol, and that buying a new one would imply you have made enough money to do so, move forward in life. So we can still make informed assumptions about where the story is taking you. (or not taking you)

However, this goes a long way of dismissing my fears of restricted, shallow game world.
Don't get too hyped about that yet. The quest designer only said that the start would be affected. Maybe the apartment (the same one) is handed over to V after a while from the start.

I'll go with the lead quest designer too...
I just prefer the info he typed himself...

sasko1.png

sasko2.png

The Pawel Sasko posts linked here are not contradictory. You maintain one apartment, but what kind it is depends apparently in your lifepath choices during character creation?

I just hope there gonna be some interesting ways to spend, invest your earnings, so you dont end game with bunch of money nowhere to spend. Because imo thats the whole point why you agree to risk your life on those dangerous jobs, you want to get paid to satisfy your needs. Is it just enough for survival, augmentations and weapons? Could be, i hope theres more because im spoiled from all the good witcher stuff. :D

The Pawel Sasko posts linked here are not contradictory. You maintain one apartment, but what kind it is depends apparently in your lifepath choices during character creation?

That's exactly what I theorized, yes.

It's funny. This means that the claim that "V" can having multiple appartments, is still true. "V" just can't have all of them in the same lifetime.

But like Joaomanoel stated, that designer only stated that our "start" would be different. That doesn't necessarily mean that our apartment will be. We could still end up in the same mega-building.

Your starting point in the game will always be the same.

That response doesn't prove your claim of "V" always starting in the same location right though. Pawel Sasko still discredited your claim that you start in the same location in that interview. Choose nomads and your start point is different. That much is clear.

We might be mixing up the subject of "Starting Location" with the subject of "Owning an Apartment". When it comes to starting location, you were still wrong.

As to the subject of "Owning an apartment" though, that quote is interesting. Thanks for linking it. His grammar is infuriatingly inconclusive to answering our question or solving the debate. :ROFLMAO:

"Owns a flat in megabuilding"

What magebuilding? The SAME megabuilding? Any old megabuilding in different locations? You can't BUY more apartments, sure, but will the one "V" gets be different or not? Does it even depend on our starting location, or our background? The wording still leaves ambiguity.

Last edited:
Well, Pawel (or any other dev) can come in here and inform us.

We've been chatting about it for almost 20 pages now and still no dev in sight.

On the other hand, we are learning major things about the main story plot.
If this goes on In a few days we will know almost everything except the ending.

Well, maybe they'll add some real estate content in a future DLC... who knows.

Apart from that, it could be fun to have a mobile basement : some kind of van but the rear part would be composed of two subparts : one being a pocket crafting place (+ inventory), and one being similar to those Japanese coffin cabs stuffed with technology and a bed. So you could stay close to your next mission while sleeping pretty much everywhere you want :D

Top Bottom