E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very detailed impressions video by YongYea:

It seems that not only Lifepaths but also your stats affect the dialogue options.
The only one who talked a bit about inventory: the same as TW3.

I hoped for 1 second he was going to address gear as well, hoping for some info about it being levelled or not, but it looks like no one tried to figure it out. Goddamn.

The only one who talked a bit about inventory: the same as TW3.

I hoped for 1 second he was going to address gear as well, hoping for some info about it being levelled or not, but it looks like no one tried to figure it out. Goddamn.
I don't know if you already saw this discription of the demo.

At 7m50s he talks about a vendor and that the item tiers were in different colors.

They could still merge tech with int and ref with body.

Then there’dve three stats Intelligence, Body and Cool. All bases covered.

The less the better. Right?

They are just being truer to the Pen & Paper RPG, which list is: Intelligence, Reflexes, Cool, Technical Ability, Luck, Attractiveness, Movement Allowance, Empathy (Don't know how they can make a Cyberpunk 2020 game without that one actually), Body Type (by the book:"Strength, Endurance and Constitution are all based on the character's Body Type."

They are just being truer to the Pen & Paper RPG

Truer in terms of what the stats are called.

I can well understand getting rid of constitution (if it is true that they did), but they didn’t replace it with anything. That’s not much more nor less ”true” to the PnP since so much is still missing.

And if the idea is to trim things down, what will go/get merged next?

Truer in terms of what the stats are called.

I can well understand getting rid of constitution (if it is true that they did), but they didn’t replace it with anything. That’s not much more nor less ”true” to the PnP since so much is still missing.

And if the idea is to trim things down, what will go/get merged next?

Well, less stats to invest in combat is a good thing in my book.
And if I learn that they actually merged Attractiveness and Empathy inside of Cool, I would actually rejoice, cause that would mean they are actually there (And because it's impossible to play Cyberpunk without Empathy).

*trying to keep calm*
Ok, so the whole "humanity" thing has been ripped of::eek:

"GC: One of the themes of the games, of cyberpunk as a genre, is the idea of losing your humanity to machinery, but how exactly does that work in a video game, which is by its nature already artificial?

PS: So, as a player you have… basically in your inventory all your body is divided into parts that you can change. You can change and exchange them for certain pieces of cyberware, which gives you new skills and abilities you can use in the gameplay. Now, the thing is, as a player, you are limited by the number of slots, so there is as much cyberware as your body can take. But in Cyberpunk we’re really not using a humanity meter.

GC: It always seems so artificial, ironically.

PS: There were some ideas that we had, of how we could utilise it but it was not fun enough and it didn’t work good enough for us to just keep it. We opted for a more understandable solution for players, which is that your body is divided into slots and when they are filled your humanity levels are at the level where it cannot take anymore and you cannot install anything more. So it’s basically so that the player with the humanity is still there but it doesn’t really play that major a role in the whole mechanics. Because, as you mentioned, it doesn’t have enough texture to it."

Well, THAT is a BIG step away from Cyberpunk 2020 universe, as it's one of the main theme of the game.
So now basically Cyberware is just a thing to play with, not an heavy decision anymore.
The only reason "it doesn’t have enough texture to it" is because Empathy have been ripped of the game. If V wasn't able to communicate efficiently with other human, because he can't understand them anymore, that would have surely give it "enough texture".

I'll try to understand how twitter works and Ask Mr.Pondsmith about that, I wants to see his point of view.

Ok, so the whole "humanity" thing has been ripped of
I don't think it's been ripped out. They're just limiting the amount we can install so that we never get to the 0 or 1 empathy character. It was said way back last year that while cyberpsychosis will be in the game, and cyberware has humanity costs, that V can't go full cyberpsycho. So this seems consistent with what we've already known. I'm sure there will be quests that explore the human costs of cyberware.

*trying to keep calm*
Ok, so the whole "humanity" thing has been ripped of::eek:
The whole point of humanity cost is for the cyberpsychosis in the PnP right? To prevent players from getting to much cyberwares. Just because it is not in the game gameplay wise, that doesn't mean there won't be story lines associated with it.

Wait, so this one site says something exactly opposite to plenty of other sites and youtube channels - that the game is heavy on RPG elements and the second demo focus exactly on that.

Right.

There might be some ”inconsistency of experience” between journos, but knowing a lot of them are ignorant brownnosers set out to simply advertise the game, it kinda begs to question, who’s on the right here exactly. People who are stoked, or those who are less so?

It’s not a universal truth, but I’ve found that critical reviews are usually more objective in their descriptions of the game than excited ones. They don’t tend to sugarcoat things. That’s often been a reason why negative mainstream reviews have proven a niche games to actually be good, or at least better than expected. It’s weird how it works.

You sure don't have to be overwhelmingly positive in your review, but yeah, this one is not for me.

There’s not too many others than.

But it’s fair that it might tick you the wrong way. I don’t particularly care about certain parts of it either.

Ok, so the whole "humanity" thing has been rippedof

Kinda knew it already. Too complex and frustrating for massmarket.

Last edited:
I don't think it's been ripped out. They're just limiting the amount we can install so that we never get to the 0 or 1 empathy character.

You know it have conscequences, BIG conscequences, way before that, don't you?

It was said way back last year that while cyberpsychosis will be in the game, and cyberware has humanity costs, that V can't go full cyberpsycho. So this seems consistent with what we've already known. I'm sure there will be quests that explore the human costs of cyberware.

Cyberpsycho is something very special. That's why people discussed it. But I don't think I'm the only one who though that it would just be the limit, but there would still be dire conscequences.
Right know, it seems like Cyberware is made to be just normal character upgrades, and that V ability to interract with other people won't get affected by it.

The whole point of humanity cost is for the cyberpsychosis in the PnP right? To prevent players from getting to much cyberwares. Just because it is not in the game gameplay wise, that doesn't mean there won't be story lines associated with it.

Nope. Way before that you already are losing sight of what it is to be human and how to communicate with other. For Example on average (because it's randomised in the pen and paper game), Female V from the first demo (the one with mantis blades) have already lost enough humanity to turn from an Oprah Winfrey ability to communicate to that of an average people (or from a normal people to... I don't know... Maybe a solo bum which hide from sunlight? Or someone who survived alone on a desert island for a dozen of years?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom