Your useless talent

+
I tend to learn useless tricks and skills. Learned to 3 ball juggle from youtube awhile back. Before that I learned the anti gravity chip trick (from poker).

I can make a sound in my throat that sounds just like a piglet oinking. :shrug: Also I can play trombone, which has been pretty useless ever since I graduated high school. Guitar, piano, bass, drums and even harmonica have turned out to be much more useful long term.

rrc

Forum veteran
I can count the words in sentences as I read a text, note when I've read 5, 10, 15, etc. words, and think to myself 'That sentence had XX words.' -- all while focusing on reading.
Wow! That is the most unique talent I can think of. Seriously, I tried to do that after reading it, I simply cant! You can read as fast you can otherwise and still count in the same speed? :beer:

I learned typing and I have reached a max WPM of over 90 when I was in prime (on a 2 mins drill without much special characters). It is due to this, I can say the English alphabets in the reverse order as fast I can say it forward (normal). Since, it is part of the typing practice to type abcedfghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz zyxwvutsrqponmlkjihgfedcba (over and over again).

I have a great memory for singing songs... however my musical hearing is not very good so I can never know if the song I'm doing is being sung well or not :)

Ι discovered I can see whether a wasp is dangerously close to me by looking at my shadow. Works with anything stingy actually.

Not terribly useless, but has only proved useful, like, once, in my lifetime :p

Useless talents also include an extraordinary memory for things that are no one's concern

Top Bottom