"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
But your analogy falls apart when you realize that the expectation of a "bridge" isn't an inference, wish, or deduction. The "architects" (devs) a year ago told the public that they had drawn up Blueprints for the "Bridge" and all the material was being transported to the location of the "bridge" and for a year the public was allowed to imagine what it would be like to bird watch and fish and commute on this "bridge" then suddenly the "architects" are like "sike! this totally congruent and reasonable design and location for this "bridge" that is obviously significant to a percentage of the townsfolk. Well we scraped that. Its a tunnel now, but only for trains, you cannot drive through it if you wish, there will be no foot traffic either. No options for you!". There, fixed your analogy

https://www.fandom.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-the-fandom-interview

"FANDOM: Will you be able to buy apartments in different districts of Night City?

Pietra: Absolutely. You will be able to buy a couple of apartments in different locations, so obviously upgrading yourself will push you towards a certain path in the game but saying any more would be too spoilery right now."
Aug 30, 2018
Things change in development. They said 10000 times that the gameplay wasn't the final game. The drama in this topic is so funny and cringe hahahah

I would like the chance of selling out and becoming a corporate slave so i can have a nice expensive apartment.
Or maybe i be a street rat and just live on the streets:shrug:

Intimacy is a part of immersion. People love to say wanting nudity in games is petty or immature. But the Witcher's element of sexuality added a layer to further separate the series from more generic fantasy games. And it reminded us that Geralt is a human being...somewhat. A somewhat human being.
you in the right thread bud?

way i could see them pulling both off and having both statements technically being true of having multiple different but same time only owning one. Is that can only own 1 at a time so when buy one you loose the old one

Apparently you can buy multiple apartments, even if its not true and you can only own that one im sure it'll be a good game.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ARAB&usg=AOvVaw1raI4SVjXB6-ac_GNkSW1r&ampcf=1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0YhZq5A_-kv2Q_thbtLa-7

Ah, welcome to the forums Deej. I'm afraid you're a bit behind the times on those links. Those are from last year and the game's development moves fast.

I won't scan through this thread to collect all the sources for you, but you can if you're interested. Apparently, plans have changed and it's down to owning just one apartment (at a time?) now. Also, starting positions change depending on choice of background, but we're not sure if that's related to the apartments.

So yeah, we're busy discussing how upset we should be about the latest news. Join in! Water's a bit hot, but interesting if you're looking for debate.

(EDIT: Freebie: Here's the article we've been discussing. https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/customization-in-cyberpunk-2077-apartment-koerper,3345372.html
It's in German, but it's more recent and tells us we can own only one apartment. Funny how that tiny bit of german has kept our tongues wagging for 20 more pages.)

Care to show the statistics on that statement or are you just pulling rabbit out of a hat to fit your narrative? Several million people all over to world are expressing interest in this game... I'm guess, you've asked all of them for the opinion? Please... do share.

And who exactly started the BS about cut scenes being the reason for this decision? That excuse makes no logical sense.

The reason why we're in this this thread alone should show how people are dissatisfied about cdprs decision.
Secondly the cutscene thing was an example of what they could do to seeing that multiple apartments would limit the storytelling

Ah, welcome to the forums Deej. I'm afraid you're a bit behind the times on those links. Those are from last year and the game's development moves fast.

I won't scan through this thread to collect all the sources for you, but you can if you're interested. Apparently, plans have changed and it's down to owning just one apartment (at a time?) now. Also, starting positions change depending on choice of background, but we're not sure if that's related to the apartments.

So yeah, we're busy discussing how upset we should be about the latest news. Join in! Water's a bit hot, but interesting if you're looking for debate.

Either way im sure it'll still be a good game and thank you!

Didn't expect people getting into meltdown mode so much because of limited housing options. Never considered it to be integral for RPG experience. Much more deep RPGs didn't have it.

On the other hand, CDPR (and any other studio for that matter), don't promise something you can't/won't deliver.

Another thing that I frequently see - attitude: I WANT OR ELSE! [Snip]

Edited: Keep it friendly, please. ~Riven.

Really huh?
You know what made gta san andreas one of the best games of all time, because it gave the player *freedom* to gym,to get fat, TO LIVE wherever you wanted,cdpr has a chance here to take that and run with it. But no theyd rather limit players because of storyline,if the story is so great why does a limiting factor have to be implemented to make it work?

Definitely a huge disappointment for me, but I'll get over it, the news of having different starts based on which backstory you pick has softened the blow for me.

Top Bottom