Cyberpunk 2077 won't shy away from sexuality. There's options to have female voice with male body, vice-versa, different body types, romances, nudity.

+
This is very good! Being able to do something you would else use a mod for is amazing. It will be interesting to see if the NPC will react if you make a really strange character.

The thing is I really enjoyed Saints Row 3/4 character customization, plus all those clothes and being able to change it's colors, having nice body sliders in the game would be also great.

A bit out of topic, but have you tried SR 1/2? Was even better back then. Ah, I do miss THAT level of customization...

In a way, yes. Imagine if that was not intentionally stupid.

The effect is faaaaaar worse when the depiction is under the pretense maturity, and the comedic effect is unintentional.
Exactly. People will just decide to fool around and make the protagonist talk about serious stuff with his dong out.

It doesn't work like a movie or a book. You have to be considerate with this stuff beyond themes.

Last edited:
Interviewer: How much do you deal with sexuality in 2077? As a European developer you’re likely to be a lot less puritanical about such things than an American company. They were implying last year that there is a lot of nudity in the game…

Lead Quest Designer: [laughs] Yes, a lot. But this is a game for mature players and the maturity is there in all kinds of ways, from the philosophical background of the game to the topics of the game, and also the sexuality is there as well. As a player you can pick the different body types for yourself, you can pick the different voice that you have. So you can… say you have a female voice but match it with a male body. And then you define how other characters perceive you. So basically, how they address you.

Interviewer: Do you mean pronouns?

Lead Quest Designer: It’s not exactly that but it gives you that effect. So you’re basically deciding how you define yourself. And in the game the romance and sexuality, it’s really present. Because we are sexual beings, that’s obvious.

Interviewer: It’s not obvious in games. There’s almost no sexuality in games.

Lead Quest Designer: We are CD Projekt, so it’s obvious to us. [laughs] Sexuality was very present in The Witcher games and I think here it’s even more present, but I think here we are a bit more mature because we are allowing the player to craft their own character a bit more. And also, in the customisation screen, if you want to have stronger female features on your male character you can do it. If you want to have male features on a female character you can do it. If you want to be a character that is less easy to define you can also do it. So it’s really up to the player as to what they want to do.

Interview with Paweł Sasko (Lead Quest Designer at CD Projekt Red): https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-preview-and-interview-i-just-love-my-work-9973737/
Hey OP since there are already like 2 major nudity threads, is there any way for you to remove it from this topic? I feel like having sex and gender identity options can be discussed without nudity being relevant. This thread has just devolved into a carbon copy of " https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/censored-already.11008318/ "

Glad to see. This is great news.

Roleplaying and Immersion is heavily amplified by the presence of nudity and sex. Many people seem to think sex and nudity in games is something pathetic or for losers, or something not needed (OMG A SEX SCENE! HOW GRATUITOUS! please). Always looking at it from a judgemental perspective not realizing the magnitude of the RP depth it adds regardless of someone's actual sex life.

Even as someone who has no problems getting laid, I find nudity and sex as very important tools for RP. Being able to express yourself sexually in a game is important, because it is an important part of human nature and behaviour which you wish to explore. This is true regardless of your actual sex life.

Psychologically, for people struggling with finding a partner (or unable to, maybe due to health or a handicap) it could have major psychological benefits as they can FINALLY express themselves and be who they really are through RP. For people not struggling sexually, it still provides a deep layer of RP.

If done right it could help ease the suffering from loneliness or lack of intimacy. I'm so friggin sick and tired of all the people who only view nudity and sex in a negative light.

I gotta say while I dont like the pronoun thingie (biological reasons and freedom of speech impediment) I am fascinated by the fact I can make a "borg" V that doesnt feel male or female... and is reflected in the game. That is AWESOME!

A bit out of topic, but have you tried SR 1/2? Was even better back then. Ah, I do miss THAT level of customization...

I liked to create exotic things like orks, drows and even alien looking creatures, in Saints Row 2 you only have the human like skins also I like the crazy costumes of SR3-4
Hope we will have different exotic textures/colors for our character skin in Cyberpunk 2077

That's actually really cool to hear and will lead to some really fun ideas with later playthroughs down the line.

I'm curious if there will also be NPCs or romance options made with this feature, could be very interesting.

From demo impressions it seems we will get customization that is based on presets; all features such as nose will be from selection and likely these presets won't be gender locked. However don't expect full free-form customization with morphs or weird options. I suspect this is what they would have to do because of cyber-ware - its the only way to ensure it looks good on the body without clipping.

Top Bottom