"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Really huh?
You know what made gta san andreas one of the best games of all time, because it gave the player *freedom* to gym,to get fat, TO LIVE wherever you wanted,cdpr has a chance here to take that and run with it. But no theyd rather limit players because of storyline,if the story is so great why does a limiting factor have to be implemented to make it work?
You know what made The Witcher 3 one of the best games of all time? You know what made Baldur's Gate II one of the best games of all time? Thief: The Dark Project? The first Fallout? Tetris? Super Mario Bros.? Half-Life? Certainly not the ability to hit the gym, get fat or live wherever you want.
In other words, it's irrelevant what made San Andreas one the best games of all time. CP77 is a different game and it will have it's own things to experience.

Comparing a Ubisoft sandbox to the Witcher 3 is mighty harsh I'd say. :ROFLMAO:
I was referring to Ubisoft popularizing so called "map vomit" - placing markers on the map with activities to do. Witcher 3 used monster nests, bandit hideouts etc. as well.

The only games where I felt this kind of design fit was Saints Row 2/3/4 since activities like insurance fraud were fun. If the game-play during them isn't fun then its very easy for this to become repetitive chore. For me Dragon Age: Inquisition was the worst example, since combat was boring and activities were lame and mostly either kill stuff or place a marker.

Last edited:
Wonderful RPG though. I heard you play the role of several individuals, so it's even more role-playerish than Witcher 3.

*Plants tongue in cheek*

Good point.

I'd also draw attention to the fact that each individual had different and improvable stats. Complete with a unique special ability!

You know what made The Witcher 3 one of the best games of all time? You know what made Baldur's Gate II one of the best games of all time? Thief: The Dark Project? The first Fallout? Tetris? Super Mario Bros.? Half-Life? Certainly not the ability to hit the gym, get fat or live wherever you want.
In other words, it's irrelevant what made San Andreas one the best games of all time. CP77 is a different game and it will have it's own things to experience.

U clearly did not see *FREEDOM* in my text. Its not about gyming or getting fat and all
Post automatically merged:

I don’t remember that you could ”live where ever you wanted” in San Andreas?

Ofcourse you wont because whenever you did buy a safe house u didnt really use it for anything else except to save the game and leave,but cdpr could change that

Last edited:
what is the big deal with owning single flat in the game?
If I'm forced to live in an apartment, I want to choose where it is. If I piss off the gang where my static apartment is, it would take me out of the immersion. Because if I lived in Pacifica and I pissed off the Voodoo Boyz, you know what I'd do? I'd GTFO ASAP. And if I'm forced to live in an apartment in 1 of the 6 districts without the ability to move or even decorate or upgrade, that would be severely limiting.

U clearly did not see *FREEDOM* in my text. Its not about gyming or getting fat and all
Because freedom is an abstract word. GTA's freedom isn't Fallout's, Deus Ex' or Thief's freedom. For my mind it's a lot more shallow than any of those three. But sum of all things is the most important. How the game flows. Interaction between the lore and between gameplay mechanics. This thread is basically about people finding out one aspect of the game that was changed and running with it. Oh noes, the game turned into a linear shooter! This is nonsense. Absolutely baseless assumption.

Because freedom is an abstract word. GTA's freedom isn't Fallout's, Deus Ex' or Thief's freedom. For my mind it's a lot more shallow than any of those three. But sum of all things is the most important. How the game flows. Interaction between the lore and between gameplay mechanics. This thread is basically about people finding out one aspect of the game that was changed and running with it. Oh noes, the game turned into a linear shooter! This is nonsense. Absolutely baseless assumption.
since I don't feel like repeating myself, can you go back 1 or 2 pages on this thread and read through my comments on why being limited to 1 static apartment is really disappointing, without comparisons like "but GTA did it"

*pages 22 and 23 have the bulk

since I don't feel like repeating myself, can you go back 1 or 2 pages on this thread and read through my comments on why being limited to 1 static apartment is really disappointing, without comparisons like "but GTA did it"

*pages 22 and 23 have the bulk
If you want to have a conversation then quote yourself.

Saying it is now a linear shooter is obviously wrong and even disrespectful to what CDPR is trying to create. But at the same time, you can find a little sense in this statement.

This year they mainly insisted on the story and the branching. We didn't hear anything new about Night City and the open-world environment.

And now we have the news that there probably won't be as much "freedom" / "interactivity" in the open-world part of the game than we would like.

Subconsciously, it tells us that they are neglecting that part of the game (even if it's not true)

They never confirmed multiple apartments. You seem to making a lot of assumptions. I would chill out and wait until the game actually releases before we start assuming.
Are you certain this is what you actually wanted to say? Because when the game is released there will be no space left for assuming as everything will be set in stone by that point in time.

Dude no one said this game is now a linear shooter, all we said was Cdpr narrowed our experience/enjoyment spectrum.
By taking out an option that could easily be implemented and re-broaden that spectrum and make everyone happy again.
You telling me after all these years they still couldnt figure out how to make this all of these things work?
The fact that they had it and removed it makes it that much morse

Dude no one said this game is now a linear shooter, all we said was Cdpr narrowed our experience/enjoyment spectrum.
By taking out an option that could easily be implemented and re-broaden that spectrum and make everyone happy again.
You telling me after all these years they still couldnt figure out how to make this all of these things work?
The fact that they had it and removed it makes it that much morse

Well, perhaps instead of getting a nice, but ultimately useless feature they added something else, which will be more meaningful?

Saying it is now a linear shooter is obviously wrong and even disrespectful to what CDPR is trying to create. But at the same time, you can find a little sense in this statement.

This year they mainly insisted on the story and the branching. We didn't hear anything new about Night City and the open-world environment.

And now we have the news that there probably won't be as much "freedom" / "interactivity" in the open-world part of the game than we would like.

Subconsciously, it tells us that they are neglecting that part of the game (even if it's not true)

Did you read or listen to any of the E3 interviews this year? Because what literally everyone was talking about was the RPG and gameplay systems, freedom of choosing your approaches to quests, character customization and how the world reacts to player's choices.

How is there a sense in calling it a "linear shooter"?

And the only "negative" "news" we got about the world is that you will be limited to one apartment.

And the only "negative" "news" we got about the world is that you will be limited to one apartment.

Which isn't exactly negative, since it would allow for a more tailored experience.

Oh and multiple apartments were NEVER in the game. You can't remove something which wasn't there in the first place. Maybe it was planned at some point then scraped then planned again then scraped, again. They decided not to for a reason, probably multiple ones even, not out of spite.

Top Bottom