"V will have only one apartmant in the game." - Kasia Redesuik (gamestar.de interview)

+
Thats true, but i still like to voice this as they should at least try to work around it by finding a way that doesnt make the game convoluted. I imagine they just dropped the idea and thats it.
I don't think it works like that. "Let's just drop the idea, ok?" We don't know how the story progresses. How gameplay and progression are organized. I'm not even sure we have a clear statement there's only ONE apartment in the entire game. Is it one apartment that you can customize? Is it one apartment at a time?

I'm neither for or against the idea. If the game will give me opportunity to have 5 living spaces with options to decorate, remodel, buy housekeepers who are also sex bots for each one of them and store corpses of my defeated enemies in them - great, I'm all for it. If it's going to be something more standard like arms storage that you can decorate and reflect on your achievements - whatever. It will do too. It's not an integral element of CP77, imo.

It honestly makes little difference if we get 1 apartment or 15.

Truth be told, I'd rather get 1 apartment that I can customize than 15 which will never be customizable.

Besides, most of, if not, all of you, will not even spend time at the houses to justify CDPR adding in more than one.

I don't think it works like that. "Let's just drop the idea, ok?" We don't know how the story progresses. How gameplay and progression are organized. I'm not even sure we have a clear statement there's only ONE apartment in the entire game. Is it one apartment that you can customize? Is it one apartment at a time?

I'm neither for or against the idea. If the game will give me opportunity to have 5 living spaces with options to decorate, remodel, buy housekeepers who are also sex bots for each one of them and store corpses of my defeated enemies in them - great, I'm all for it. If it's going to be something more standard like a storage that you can decorate and reflect on your achievements - whatever. It will do too. It's not an integral element of CP77, imo.

Oh oh can we store corpses and harvest implants please? :) lets be the bad one lol

Are you sure that it's not the other way around?

From my perspective having multiple flats or apartments would be immersion breaking. We are small thug, involved in something which is clearly over our heads. But yeah, lets run around the city and shop for some luxury apartments, because nothing cheers up better that some leather futon, right? I'm sure that Johny Silverhand would approve.

Who said anything about having multiple luxury apartments? When the multiple apartment idea was first mentioned, my initial though was having other places to act as safe houses, equipment storage, etc, places that would be quite separate from V's 'real name' so that if something bad happened, we couldn't be hunted down and/or we'd have a bolt hole(s) to escape to.

Realism regarding this particular mechanic would be terrible
Especially in Night City. The housing market probably undergoes violent fluctuations, nay? One day a flat's available, the next, it's been infested by gangsters, or blasted to rubble? Heh.

thought I'd check in to lay things out for everyone's convenience.

Now thar be a fine and well considered attempt at getting people to see eye to eye mr. Snowflakez

Still, I guess what’s bloated us to 26 pages by now, is not even the damn apartments, but the principle of trying to reconcile our communal hopes and dreams for this game, with and in each other.

We’ve been making statements, explaining our reasoning, and making comparisons to our other favourite games, with and at each other, simply because because we’d love for others to share in our own feelings towards CP77.
Step back and you’ll realise we’re all just talking past the other user , but that our goals are basically the same.

You’ve got your optimists and idealists who just want CP77 to be the greatest game ever, and they’re using apartments as one example of where just a little bit more elbow grease to make the game better for everyone in the world. I mean, who can blame them for wanting that? Who doesn’t want to have slightly more options and stuff?

Then you’ve got your realists trying to tamp down in effort to protect the optimists from further disappointment, or to stop themselves from being infected by all those contagious dreams being thrown around, by injecting a spot of cynicism and some snide thrown in for good humour.

That’s how I choose to see it anyway, but in the end, none of us are getting anywhere by putting in the effort, time and energy trying to convince each other of our own unique and indiscernible perspective, while CDPR is bound to do what they will anyway.

Whatever side you’re on: you’re awesome for the passion and excitement you’re putting into this silly 26-page thread.

I love this forum and this fan base. <3
Do carry on!

Last edited:
Especially in Night City. The housing market probably undergoes violent fluctuations, nay? One day a flat's available, the next, it's been infested by gangsters, or blasted to rubble? Heh.

Fluctuations even add more to the reason that we need to be on the move yet are also the reason why we cant pick the proper locations.

Srsly wanna know how this would work out in a real cyberpunk setting, where would we lay low if we cant easily find houses on sale. Theres always the break and enter but night city is full of buildings close together so in the games case you can assume that theres not much free space actually

25 pages of arguing about having one apartment in the game. From people who want immersion. Unbelievable. I've never owned more than one home at a time in real life, and I only know a handful of people who do. Guess I must be living in an alternate timeline.

I currently do, and maybe it's my bias, but I personally felt a huge sense of pride owning a second and third place and for me anyway, V "moving up" in the world was a big draw for me in her rise from a lowly mercenary to something more because it connects a lot to my own very humble beginnings in life to being very well off now.
Post automatically merged:

I get you're a fan of CDPR, I am too. But stop talking down to people who ask for gameplay features you don't care for. You wouldn't like it if I said something you wanted to see in the game was stupid.
Agreed, but it reflects more on him and not anyone else, I would just let it go personally. Focus on the game.

As I don't like managing things, I'm happy that we'll get only one apartment, but I like customization and owning my character, space, vehicle, etc

It's an odd decision since it doesn't seem to be that difficulty... just put some options for posters, furniture, other minor details. But it isn't a big deal

As I don't like managing things, I'm happy that we'll get only one apartment, but I like customization and owning my character, space, vehicle, etc

It's an odd decision since it doesn't seem to be that difficulty... just put some options for posters, furniture, other minor details. But it isn't a big deal

Managing things? I think youre just trying to believe that and find a justification for this decision.

This isnt an untidy room that you have to clean for it to be something hard to manage, be real.

I've been taking an extended break from active discussion here, and will continue to do so, but because I feel like people are starting to get disingenuous (on both sides), thought I'd check in to lay things out for everyone's convenience.

This is because refusal to admit this is sandbox issue.

Some people want their V to have a lot of freedom be and behave how they want and have particular interactions with the world allowing immersion, including owning an apartment(s) etc.

Yet there is evidence this is the opposite, the game is not a sandbox, V has predefined personality and goals you as player cannot change (like Commander Sheppard). V will have auto-dialogue and it seems dialogue is focused on gameplay via skill checks rather than fleshing out character via fluff choices that lead to the same outcome but one is sarcastic another professional etc.

CDPR never lied about what kind of game they are trying to do, its Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk setting with FPS combat. All people that want incompletely different kind of game - some kind of freeform Cyberpunk simulation - are wasting the time with these demands.

Managing things? I think youre just trying to believe that and find a justification for this decision.

This isnt an untidy room that you have to clean for it to be something hard to manage, be real.

I mean money and being overwhelmed by options on how to spend it.

I mean money and being overwhelmed by options on how to spend it.

Don't want to make you angry but that's ridiculous. It's never a problem to waste money, real life is your best proof. Millionaries can spend it all in one day just to repair Notre Damme.

If you want to feel like your money is worth the work then thats a thing about the money system or Whatever to call it. Not what you can buy with it.

Don't want to make you angry but that's ridiculous. It's never a problem to waste money

It can definitely be in a video game, since you are restricted by the options the game gives you. I am pretty sure we were talking about video games here, so try to draw less comparisons to real life.

In GTA5O, the player character theoretically starts at a level where individual missions reward couple grand worth of money. Near the top of the curve you can buy useless things like the luxury yacht for several million (no gameplay elements involved, it just is) and orbital cannon, which can utterly eliminate another player... at the cost of 700000 dollars per shot and hours long recharge. GTA5 doesn't suffer from lack of options to spend money.. in theory.

This can be an issue because in order to avoid issues, you have to design the ingame economy very accurately. Otherwise you could hypothetically get to a point where you own 100 million Eurodollars, but are still forced to live in a dingy apartment because the game says so.

Last edited:
Recurring spending could be a solution. Buying an apartment is one thing, but having to rent it since buying is ALWAYS expensive could be another.

It would greatly decrease the problem of not knowing what to spend money on, once you're in a desperate rat race to meet current and concurrent expenses for the lofty living standards you've chosen for your V. There'd be a ceiling to how much luxury you can afford, with the amount of jobs and pay available. Rent for the appartment, fuel for the car, food, ammo for your guns, gadgets for your missions, maintenance for your augments...
Somehow, this manages to feel Cyberpunk and apt for a mercenary Fixer.

That would open up a whole barrel of additional design dilemmas though... including repeatable quests to make that rent once mainline quests are tapped out or unavailable.

Hhhhmm. Who knows where CDPR will take this?

Last edited:
Yet there is evidence this is the opposite, the game is not a sandbox, V has predefined personality and goals you as player cannot change (like Commander Sheppard).
Well, that's always been the expected case. CDPR said from the get go that story comes first. Narrative driven RPGs are kinda CDPRs thing. It's never been a sandbox, but a story driven RPG.
1561027987937.png
This was the original promise at the announcement in 2012. It does not say it's gonna be a sandbox.

It can definitely be in a video game, since you are restricted by the options the game gives you. I am pretty sure we were talking about video games here, so try to draw less comparisons to real life.

In GTA5O, the player character theoretically starts at a level where individual missions reward couple grand worth of money. Near the top of the curve you can buy useless things like the luxury yacht for several million (no gameplay elements involved, it just is) and orbital cannon, which can utterly eliminate another player... at the cost of 700000 dollars per shot and hours long recharge. GTA5 doesn't suffer from lack of options to spend money.. in theory.

This can be an issue because in order to avoid issues, you have to design the ingame economy very accurately. Otherwise you could hypothetically get to a point where you own 100 million Eurodollars, but are still forced to live in a dingy apartment because the game says so.

Real life will always be a source for comparison in discussions. The only difference is whether you judge fiction by the same laws which I don't and none should.

As I said, if said player wants to feel like a hobbo, or wants to feel that his imaginary money is worth the imaginary work that he's done for it ( minus the real time invested) then it's a system/mechanic/script problem tied to how you earn the money, not how you spend the money.

If the in game economy rewards you highly, it only makes sense to have more options to spend it. You can't really change the economy and the flow of money.

But regarding me, I dont really care if we have more apartments, I'm good with 1 customizable one. My problem is that in such a harsh world that apartment should be blown to bits the next day we mess with someone. And no one has offered a solution for that, not even I have one. But I know that it's a valid point that CDPR should research and you do too. It's just a matter of how much the thing in question is important to someone. And this is important to me.

You know, I personally don't even care too much about this sort of stuff, but at some point you have to wonder what's even the point of having "official forums", rather than just using generic ones, when no one in the dev team is even giving the most basic comment on a thread like this.

Top Bottom