Chippin In - no old version planned

+
Yeah I listen to everything. Metal, rock, rap, pop, hip hop. Depends on the mood. But I can sing those songs or listen to them in car or at home. But this is.... the kind of "Jesus, calm down."

Tuco

Forum veteran
Too bad, because I actively dislike the new version (not my style at all) while it was love at first hearing with the one from last year's demo.

new version of Chippin' In kicks ass! Very in tune with the punk aesthetic. Old one was good but was too... Bland.

Keep up the good work, CDPR! If the other songs are like the new Chippin' In, I'm definitely getting the soundtrack.

Edit: Also, whats the song that plays when V gets out of the combat cab? It sounded great as well!

Last edited:
I just don't like the new version for the style of music. The old one had a nice, relaxed attitude that I could play in the background. The new one blares too much for my tastes.
Well, that's the problem with the old version. Johnny Silverhand music supposed to be able to rile up the entire crowds to go and fight on the streets, so the old version being relaxing background kinda misses the point. The new version definitely sounds more like a song I would go outside and starts smashing windows randomly in tune to it's melody. While I do like old version better, the new one is much more fitting.

Well, that's the problem with the old version. Johnny Silverhand music supposed to be able to rile up the entire crowds to go and fight on the streets, so the old version being relaxing background kinda misses the point. The new version definitely sounds more like a song I would go outside and starts smashing windows randomly in tune to it's melody. While I do like old version better, the new one is much more fitting.

Now that I can definitely appreciate. Even if I don’t like it, as a rebel yell it’s fitting, much harder to ignore and it definitely succeeds in making me anxious.

Still doesn’t take away the fact that I don’t like it as much as the previous version though. ;)

Indeed.

That is the sound society makes as it tears itself apart. The COUNTERculture, the PUNK. It does it's job, and it does it in style.

If I were to buy the soundtrack, purely as a piece of Cyberpunk memorabilia to remind me of the world of CP77and Silverhand’s role, instead of just a piece of music that I can appreciate, then yes, definitely! I agree that the new version is much better.

Don’t let me take that away from you guys.

If I were to buy the soundtrack, purely as a piece of Cyberpunk memorabilia to remind me of the world of CP77and Silverhand’s role, instead of just a piece of music that I can appreciate, then yes, definitely! I agree that the new version is much better.

Don’t let me take that away from you guys.

There are ofc more layers to a society than just the counter-culture, but that one was a bit under-represented, until now. So don't jump ship just yet ;)

new version of Chippin' In kicks ass! Very in tune with the punk aesthetic. Old one was good but was too... Bland.

Keep up the good work, CDPR! If the other songs are like the new Chippin' In, I'm definitely getting the soundtrack.

Edit: Also, whats the song that plays when V gets out of the combat cab? It sounded great as well!

Alright alright I like the new song too but let's not say "keep the good work" when this thread is about including all music in the OST or at least uploading the old ones somewhere. This isn't new version vs old version.

The old one played so well. It's not punk, and that doesn't matter when the previous version played pretty well. It's pretty disappointing we won't get to completely hear it and dig into it.

Like, I'd be fine if the original Chipin' In becomes a cover and not JS's song. It's just disappointing, again, to get rid of a good song where nobody would be able to listen to it ever.
Post automatically merged:

No idea, but apparently every single music you hear is exclusively made for Cyberpunk

Last edited:
Alright alright I like the new song too but let's not say "keep the good work" when this thread is about including all music in the OST or at least uploading the old ones somewhere. This isn't new version vs old version.

All the music is included in the OST. The old Chippin' In won't be in the game. It's like it never even existed. Remember in the trailer that "everything is subject to change."
I'm saying that the new music fits the game, and sounds so much better, than the old one. I get why they changed it.

[Sard edit: nope]

Last edited by a moderator:
The "old" Chippin' In could be repurposed as a modern day (2077) cover of Samurai's Chippin In.

That would be a perfect way to include the old version in the game.
Having Johnny Silverhand react and comment on it when it plays on the radio could be fun as well.

Great idea! You can even get Johnny to say that this new cover lacks ooomph compared to his original. Would definitely be a nice touch.

There are ofc more layers to a society than just the counter-culture, but that one was a bit under-represented, until now. So don't jump ship just yet ;)

Well we have heard only two songs out of the game, one of them is great and the other one sucks. The one that is great is being ditched. CDPR is going to have to do something to regain the goodwill here. Convince us that the game has actually good music.

EDIT: ok, three songs. Two of which suck. (counting the shitty hiphop whatever its called in the beginning of 2019 demo)

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
Well, that's the problem with the old version. Johnny Silverhand music supposed to be able to rile up the entire crowds to go and fight on the streets, so the old version being relaxing background kinda misses the point..
I didn't find the old version "relaxing". I find it fairly energetic, it pumped me up. It had a slow but scrappy lilt.

This new version? It doesn't "pump me up", The vibe I get from it is that it just makes me want to lower the volume because someone is screaming inane things at a microphone in its angriest possible tone.

I didn't find the old version "relaxing". I find it fairly energetic, it pumped me up. It had a slow but scrappy lilt.

This new version? It doesn't "pump me up", The vibe I get from it is that it just makes me want to lower the volume because someone is screaming inane things at a microphone in its angriest possible tone.
Highly depents on what music you like I guess. I liked the old version after some time but I always felt it was too slow and boring for me as no matter what genre of music I listen to it's mostly faster paced.

Well we have heard only two songs out of the game, one of them is great and the other one sucks. The one that is great is being ditched. CDPR is going to have to do something to regain the goodwill here. Convince us that the game has actually good music.

EDIT: ok, three songs. Two of which suck. (counting the shitty hiphop whatever its called in the beginning of 2019 demo)
What about the electronic background music we hear during combat in the 2018 demo and also during the cinematic trailer and gameplay sneak peek of 2019? I absolutely fucking love them.

What about the electronic background music we hear during combat in the 2018 demo and also during the cinematic trailer and gameplay sneak peek of 2019? I absolutely fucking love them.

Background music is background music. I was referring to actual songs. Such as ones we can listen from the ingame radio.

Top Bottom