Worries For Character Creation

+
The worst thing about DA:I's creator was that weird light the character was washed in making the colors look completely different than they actually were. I definitely had to try it a few times before I got my character right too I had to look good for Bull <3

As for 2077's creator as long as there is plenty of premade options and they look decent I don't mind as I've made more with less.

Guest 3573786

In my experience, sliders usually mean it's impossible to create a good looking character so I hope they dont include them. But in that case, I also hope they supplement them with a large number of presets. Then again, they did opt for first person so I have a feeling customization won't be too extensive.

In my experience, sliders usually mean it's impossible to create a good looking character so I hope they dont include them. But in that case, I also hope they supplement them with a large number of presets. Then again, they did opt for first person so I have a feeling customization won't be too extensive.
I don't mind sliders as long as they click into place on the line. Like 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. If there are multiple well made presets within the slider then it's easier for the player and more likely to look good in the end. I think they got this in the bag. CDPR = really good. :D

I prefer sliders myself but at least with presets I won't have to restart and rewatch the goddamn intro of the game 20 times because I can't get my character's nose right haha

Same here and I hate game without presets or slider since I cannot customize my character right.

I don't mind sliders as long as they click into place on the line. Like 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. If there are multiple well made presets within the slider then it's easier for the player and more likely to look good in the end. I think they got this in the bag. CDPR = really good. :D

I think this is what was in the first demo but as we know it could have changed .
cc cp2077.jpg

I've had some customization concerns since they confirmed the game was first-person only. I can't even blame them for holding back if we won't be seeing our character 99% of the time, but it is still disappointing. Between this and the fact that gear is linked to stats/street cred, we'll likely all end up running around in the same top-tier jacket with 10/12 different basic appearances.

Guest 3573786

Yeah, free sliders seem to be where a lot of the problem lie. So I'd be down for notched ones I guess. Funnily enough, the best char creator I've ever seen in a game does have free sliders (EVE online), but I'd say most devs can't do them right.

Yeah, free sliders seem to be where a lot of the problem lie. So I'd be down for notched ones I guess. Funnily enough, the best char creator I've ever seen in a game does have free sliders (EVE online), but I'd say most devs can't do them right.
I never tried eve so I can't say for sure, but yea I know what you mean. After playing many mass effect games after ME1 and the sims series, I started to wonder if EA got all the same people involved to code the sliders in all their games. :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

I've had some customization concerns since they confirmed the game was first-person only. I can't even blame them for holding back if we won't be seeing our character 99% of the time, but it is still disappointing. Between this and the fact that gear is linked to stats/street cred, we'll likely all end up running around in the same top-tier jacket with 10/12 different basic appearances.
I don't worry because I think we will have many opportunities to see our own character, like 3rd person view from a motorcycle, or looking in a mirror, or in the clothing/inventory screen, and hopefully in cutscenes where the player is shown looking like they really do, like the custom way the player designed them. I know it inside me, CDPR is going to make it so good we will accidentally the whole thing of cookies :D
Post automatically merged:

I think this is what was in the first demo but as we know it could have changed .View attachment 11005822
Can't emphasize this enough, numbered sliders for the win! :D

Last edited:
If we have multiple preset options that essentially act as points on a straight line of "sliders" for body types and height as a key feature, then I can probably do ok with it. With this being a first person game too, I am not anticipating being all that excited to make painstaking and detailed edits in creating a character the same way I would for a game where I would see the character a lot more often. I would kind of wish for say 2-3 voice options even more than certain character options but I know that is asking way too much given the huge number of voice lines likely required from V and I actually like the female V's voice. (male one is ok, not great to me) I'm not super concerned about this element of the game other than options that might impact the story -- I know they scrapped childhood heroes? but have kept some kind of origin? story possibly.

Name a one game, just one game that had great character customization whose built character looked exactly the same as in the creator and with smooth realistic animations... yeah, right, it doesn't exist. CDPR goes for the best route, they make each preset manually animated, there might be a lot, there might not be so many, but what is important is the fact that each part is automated by humans, not artificially, so the end product will match the quality of the game and won't look clunky as other games.

That is no different from having presets,
Well, the difference is that all the options are individually going to have a set shape that looks good (stand alone), but it's not like having 5 presets and "thats it" it's more like a slider because along each slider, there appears to be about 10 options, which could be perceived as many very small presets, which is better than the usual AAA (very bad) "preset standard" in general. You get me? :)
p.s. there are also multiple sliders in the image, so it's like lots of cool presets as a slider. It's like a very special hybrid.
I still want even MORE customization :D

We shall see what the situation is in 4-5 months time.

You never know what may be changed leading up to release day.

Top Bottom