audio pop/ stuttering issue.

+
I have tried settings, different speakers/headphones etc. (and even tried the game on a friend's machine) and still have the audio issue on a PS4 Slim. Also contacted support. I will keep an eye on this thread just in case someone comes up with a workaround, but I'm guessing it will only be fixed if CDPR decides to do another patch. Fingers crossed!

I hope it will resolve your problem :)
I've made the tutorial special for the people who still wonder how to get out of such problems like stutters or lags in the witcher 3.
( It is not an ad, just want to share my experience with other gamers of this masterpiece )

I have bought 2 new HDMI 2.0 cables. Nothing changes. I'll try to change audio settings on PS4 one more time.

Every other game works great. Everything starts with patch 1.62 (I've got PS4 Pro).

Just want to chime in saying I have this issue too on a normal ps4, I have tried rebuilding the database and reinstalling the game. Issue still persists.

Unfortunately problem still exist :(

Yeah, I think this is one of those times we just have to hope for a patch. Support hasn't been able to offer a successful resolution, and it seems nobody in the thread has been able to find a way to fix the issue either. Unless we are all really dense, it probably can't be fixed on our end.

This bug is the reason i quit playing the game. It won't do much for some people, but i get really annoyed by it and it takes me out of the game. It's been several months that this bug is known and till now there's still no patch and i doubt there will be one at all for this problem.

Damn almost a year after creating this thread and still no word of a fix in sight.

Just redownloaded the game after not having played since creating this thread and still getting the exact same issue.

On a side note though, I paused the update file downloads and played for about an hour on the unpatched disc version of the game and didn't notice the issue. It's definitely a patch that's caused it somewhere

I have a regular PS4.I completed the game several times in early 2018 and never had this issue once.Came back about a week or so before posting this and im having this problem now,which for me makes It unplayable to be honest.And yes,It is definetly a patch,no problems with other games,my hardware is all new,and tried all settings and volume levels to no avail.Also as It has been mentioned,playing the game at a not patched version makes the problem not appear.Definetly a patch

I think they moved on after the last patch and there won't be a patch for this bug ever, since it's been almost a year since it was reported.

You could call it a game breaking bug, at least for me and i guess for many other. As it breaks one of the most important aspects of this game, immersion.

It's frustratingly annoying as it happens a lot. As an alternative, i just bought the Xbox version.

Just reinstalled this game last week for another playthrough and I thought I was going crazy. Sad how one of my all time favorite games is now unplayable due to this minuet issue. It rips you right out of the game every 2 minutes when you get this pop sound directly into your ears.

By the looks of it, this has been an issue for over a year now. Seems like it would be pretty simple to fix no? 100% was not an issue when I played back when it first released.

Last edited:
I have this issue too. I thought I imagined it at first because I remember playing the game before the lastest patch and decided to play newer titles while I get back to it after. When I did I seriously thought it was my soundbar so I tried playing RDR2 and I never encounteree that clipping audio sound. Its seems to happen often during the dialogue scenes. Sad because I was really getting into it but that random sound issue really took me out.

I also am experiencing this issue on my PS4Pro. I never had this issue on my old standard Pro when I played through the main campaign in 2017 (I think I played up to 1.6).

I now get the intermittent popping/crackling audio bug in dialogue and its quite noticeable and unfortunate it has never been addressed... It doesn't matter if I use my soundbar or my headphones.

Did you check out the PS4 audio settings? Maybe experimenting with Audio Output Settings can help.

Did you check out the PS4 audio settings? Maybe experimenting with Audio Output Settings can help.

The consoles audio settings sadly don't fix anything. I've tried just about every fix imaginable. This is 100% a bug introduced in one of the latest patches (not present on other consoles or unmatched versions)

I've submitted a few bug reports and the responses have ranged from "This is a known issue we are trying to fix", to generic "Thanks for bringing this to our attention!".

I'd still suggest everyone viewing this thread and experiencing the same issue submit their own bug report. We get that CDPR are busy with Cyberpunk and TW3 Switch, but I'm still really hoping this crap is fixed.

Submit those bug reports lads

Top Bottom