Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, GTA SA had it the best, I mean GTA 5 (V) Yoga and tennis? ha, in GTA?

I hope we get cyberpunk related side activities, like underground fighting, Bounty hunting and gambling. Like pachinko or whatever it is etc;

Be nice to see Basketball, Pool and other options for non-combat types.

With GTA5, robbing and shooting someone then hitting the country club for nine holes always felt funny to me.

Why does it need to be "practice"?
Because:
...It wouldn't be too far fetched to let you practice solo imo..
A mini game for practicing basketball seems meaningless, when there is no AI to play against, don't you think? Sure, GTA San Andreas has a solo basketball mini-game, but it has little to no benefit. I even think the only benefit is to raise CJ's stats a little, but there are much better ways to do that.

However, maybe CDPR implements the general tossing/kicking of objects? Then it could be possible to toss something through a hoop, but I doubt that it will have any benefit whatsoever.

Will Dexter DeShawn be just like Red Baron in Witcher 3?

And, also, can V become a fixer too and rise in the ranks of underworld like owning a exclusive nightclub or being part of a big player in an underworld market?

I have two questions.

1. How does character creation work with the CGI Videos in the game? In the 2019 trailer we saw the male “standard” V, like the one that appears on the cover. If I create my character as female and let’s say black or asian, you can’t use this sequence in the game because it would be ridiculous. Also you can customize your char after creation and change sex and almost everything else. The best thing imo would be to tell the story with ingame sequences, so that V always looks like the character you play. Btw I don’t like the fact, that you can change sex, since character creation feels less as an important decision. It’s like it doesn’t matter what I choose, if I can just go to the doc and create someone totally new. I feel like certain things should be set in stone after creation.

2. Since you have several romance options in the game, how is the ratio in terms of sexual orientation? If it’s like in real life, the romanceable npcs are surely most hetero, some bi and some homosexual. In games like Fallout e.g., you can romance everyone and on one hand that is good, because nothing is more annoying than not being able to romance the 1 char out of 10, that you like most. But having a variety of npcs with different sexual orientations surely feels more natural/immersive.
I hope that the majority of the romance options will be bi, so they can be romanced by everyone.

What you hope is exactly the reason why I don't care about romances in Bethesda games, cause playersexual NPC are bland and makes romances boring.

It's not that I want it to be like in bethesda games. The system in Fallout was really boring, because you just had to repeat certain actions to impress someone, like lockpicking etc. If you forced it a little bit, you were able to go from not interestet to madly in love in no time (sometimes within one dungeon, what made it extra ridiculous). What I mean is the amount of options you have. Imagine you play a female character who is only interestet in the same sex. It would be quite disappointing if only 2 npcs out of ten are available in the first place.

I have two questions.

1. How does character creation work with the CGI Videos in the game? In the 2019 trailer we saw the male “standard” V, like the one that appears on the cover. If I create my character as female and let’s say black or asian, you can’t use this sequence in the game because it would be ridiculous. Also you can customize your char after creation and change sex and almost everything else. The best thing imo would be to tell the story with ingame sequences, so that V always looks like the character you play. Btw I don’t like the fact, that you can change sex, since character creation feels less as an important decision. It’s like it doesn’t matter what I choose, if I can just go to the doc and create someone totally new. I feel like certain things should be set in stone after creation.

2. Since you have several romance options in the game, how is the ratio in terms of sexual orientation? If it’s like in real life, the romanceable npcs are surely most hetero, some bi and some homosexual. In games like Fallout e.g., you can romance everyone and on one hand that is good, because nothing is more annoying than not being able to romance the 1 char out of 10, that you like most. But having a variety of npcs with different sexual orientations surely feels more natural/immersive.
I hope that the majority of the romance options will be bi, so they can be romanced by everyone.

1. I personally would be pretty stoked to see, if it would be possible to get off heat from cops/gangs by changing ones appearance at a ripper doc.
Aside from that, I don't think that character creation is a major important thing, after all, player appearance will affect the gameplay/story only little to nothing. It is basically only there, for the player to create a V they like, just for the looks. Nothing more.
Also, what if "cooler" looking bodyparts/cyberware gets unlocked by player progression? If we won't be able to change V after character creation, how could we try out new things then?

2. I am sure, romances will be more like a fun side feature, with just a few things we actually can do with romance-able NPC. It would be mighty impressive, If we could actually take them out on fully fleshed out dates, like dinner, going to the movies, dancing, and an invite for a "hot coffee" at the end, and all that with cutscenes and mini games/objectives to impress the NPC. Spending semi-meaningful time with the romanc-able NPC's as temporary companions, like GTA SA, will probably be limited to only a very few things, like, again, GTA SA.
Well, it won't be a dating simulator after all, so I won't expect much.

Also, what if "cooler" looking bodyparts/cyberware gets unlocked by player progression? If we won't be able to change V after character creation, how could we try out new things then?

I didn't mean that I am against customization after character creation. I just think that it feels a bit strange if I can change almost everything aside from your background. It's still an RPG in wich you play a role and for that, charakter creation shouldn't feel "pointless".

I didn't mean that I am against customization after character creation. I just think that it feels a bit strange if I can change almost everything aside from your background. It's still an RPG in wich you play a role and for that, charakter creation shouldn't feel "pointless".
Why would it be strange not be able to change the background after character creation? Or are we able to change our physical birthplace, or where we grew up, or who our parents are in reality?

Well, we can't change the past. But we can have plastic surgery to change our appearances and we can change our fashion style any time we want.

Can we have more than one apartment in CP 2077 and are they customizable? if not that's highly disappointing

Can we have more than one apartment in CP 2077 and are they customizable? if not that's highly disappointing

No, it is confirmed that you will have only one in the game and you won't be able to customize it. There is an extra Thread in the forum about this.
Post automatically merged:

Why would it be strange not be able to change the background after character creation? Or are we able to change our physical birthplace, or where we grew up, or who our parents are in reality?

Well, we can't change the past. But we can have plastic surgery to change our appearances and we can change our fashion style any time we want.

Oh, i think there's a misunderstanding because of my "english". I didn't mean, that I want to change my background, it's obviously nonsense and nobody wants that:) I meant, that beside the background, there should be more things that you are not be able to change. Not many things, I am totally ok with changing body parts, adding cyberware and changing your
outer appearance. I'm talking about the fundamental things, that define you as a person. The Person that you choose to be and that is part of the story.

Last edited:
I have two questions.
1. How does character creation work with the CGI Videos in the game? In the 2019 trailer we saw the male “standard” V, like the one that appears on the cover. If I create my character as female and let’s say black or asian, you can’t use this sequence in the game because it would be ridiculous. Also you can customize your char after creation and change sex and almost everything else. The best thing imo would be to tell the story with ingame sequences, so that V always looks like the character you play.

There will likely not be any CGI videos in the game.

All cutscenes in every single CDPR game (barring pre-main menu cutscenes) are in-game rendered, to my knowledge. Have you played any of this studio's previous work? Try The Witcher 3, if you get the chance. You'll see what I mean. From what we've seen so far of 2077, the cutscenes are in-game just like in the past. No reason to change what works.

Btw I don’t like the fact, that you can change sex, since character creation feels less as an important decision. It’s like it doesn’t matter what I choose, if I can just go to the doc and create someone totally new. I feel like certain things should be set in stone after creation.

Who said you can change sex? As far as I know, you choose your gender (whether it's male, female, or a mixture of both) at the start, and that's it.

Even if you can, I'm sorry to tell you that this is simply the norm for the Cyberpunk (big C) universe, and has been since the PnP (2020). Body mods/conversions are to be expected. It's also pretty common in RPGs as a whole (Skyrim had the "body sculptor" person in the Ragged Flagon).

We don't know the exact numbers, and CDPR probably won't want to spoil that, but we do know romance options will not be "player sexual." I.E. they won't adjust their preferenced or orientation to fit the player's. So if a character is a straight male, they will not be wooed by a male MC (which isn't to say the player won't be able to try; we don't know that yet). Same deal if a character is a gay male and the character is a female.

All cutscenes in every single CDPR game (barring pre-main menu cutscenes) are in-game rendered, to my knowledge. Have you played any of this studio's previous work? Try The Witcher 3, if you get the chance. You'll see what I mean. From what we've seen so far of 2077, the cutscenes are in-game just like in the past. No reason to change what works.

I played the witcher games, but the 2019 e3 trailer is clearly CGI. It's a high quality sequence that tells a part of the story and it makes sence, that it will be in the game. Otherwise it would be an enormous waste of ressources. I could imagine, that in the final game this sequence is converted into an ingame cut scene. And if there will be only ingame-cutscenes like in the witcher games, i really don't understand the reason for the effort of making this e3 trailer if it is not used in the game.

Who said you can change sex? As far as I know, you choose your gender (whether it's male, female, or a mixture of both) at the start, and that's it.

here's a quote from gamestar.de:

Falls ihr regelmäßig an Charaktereditoren verzweifelt, könnte Cyberpunk 2077 euch viel Frust ersparen: Passend zum Cyberpunk-Szenario könnt ihr im Spiel jederzeit euer Aussehen frisieren lassen. Geschlecht, Gesichtszüge und natürlich Klamotten lassen sich dank moderner Chirurgie jederzeit beim Händler anpassen.

If you regularly despair of character editors, Cyberpunk 2077 could save you a lot of frustration: Matching the cyberpunk scenario, you can always have your look styled in the game. Gender, facial features and of course clothes can be adjusted at any time thanks to modern surgery at the dealer.

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpunk-2077-10-wichtige-erkenntnisse,3345243.html

I played the witcher games, but the 2019 e3 trailer is clearly CGI. It's a high quality sequence that tells a part of the story and it makes sence, that it will be in the game. Otherwise it would be an enormous waste of ressources. I could imagine, that in the final game this sequence is converted into an ingame cut scene. And if there will be only ingame-cutscenes like in the witcher games, i really don't understand the reason for the effort of making this e3 trailer if it is not used in the game.

I guarantee you it won't be in the game. The WItcher 3's "killing monsters" sequence wasn't in the game either. Pre-release CGI trailers almost never make it into the game itself.

Since CDPR is going for a fully seamless Interactive Scene System, it would make no sense to switch from the in-game rendered cutscenes we've seen so far to CGI.

It wasn't a waste of resources, it was marketing. You see how well the pre-orders are doing?

I guarantee you it won't be in the game. The WItcher 3's "killing monsters" sequence wasn't in the game either. Pre-release CGI trailers almost never make it into the game itself.

Since CDPR is going for a fully seamless Interactive Scene System, it would make no sense to switch from the in-game rendered cutscenes we've seen so far to CGI.

It wasn't a waste of resources, it was marketing. You see how well the pre-orders are doing?

Ok, that is a satisfying answer.

Oh, i think there's a misunderstanding because of my "english". I didn't mean, that I want to change my background, it's obviously nonsense and nobody wants that:) I meant, that beside the background, there should be more things that you are not be able to change. Not many things, I am totally ok with changing body parts, adding cyberware and changing your
outer appearance. I'm talking about the fundamental things, that define you as a person. The Person that you choose to be and that is part of the story.
No problem, misunderstandings happen.
In terms of fundamental things, as in what V defines as a person, I highly doubt that we will get any options to choose from at all, and to be honest, I could not imagine how that could even work...

...however, since the game will be an RPG, we get to define (at least partially) V by his/her actions and with dialog options. But I would assume that V's overall personality (in terms of basic behavior, the way s/he talks, walks, etc.) will be mostly predefined, otherwise the game could literally take to 2077 to be finished, due to the ridiculous amount of different animations, voices and such...

...I don't think I can wait, and live, that long. I would be... 94 by then... o_O
Post automatically merged:

The 2019 E3 trailer will be in the game but as an actual quest you play, not a custcene. Just to clarify a bit further :)
I will take that as a "We can save Jackie!" conformation... :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom