Chippin' In by SAMURAI (Refused)

+

Aditya

Forum veteran
AMAZING! was waiting for this to inevitable come out, waiting for signed copies and live gig dates now ;)

I am happy people like it, it's very nice and heartwarming to witness the richness of variety in life.

As for myself, i hope i can get instrumental versions that i can patch in, since this -at least that track- is 100% shout.
In all cases there will be varied styles on the world's radios.

it's an okay rock song, doesn't blow me away to be honest but it fits johnny silverhand. i'm hoping for the radio stations and the general OST the sound is going to be a little more daring and experimental and also electronic.

Like I've said before: I'm much more appreciative of the new version now that it's not just a 30 second wall of sound and I can properly hear the whole of it. I judge a song mainly by the quality of its ebb and flow and I think the variation above isn't half bad!

The period of 0:14 through 0:48 has attitude and properly helps me get in the mood for the "louder" part that we've already heard before.

You could say I missed some foreplay earlier. Now that the song has a chance to properly seduce me, I don't mind it penetrating my eardrums.

Meh... Cyberpunk hip-hop? I have always preferred my cyberpunk music to be electronic or industrial. Future wise I suppose a lot of Dub since we know it's the last fad, not that I'm a big fan. Culturally it wouldn't be surprising to hear more electro among Netrunners and more metal among Nomads for instance. There's everything in a world.

That said, that song totally fits Johnny.

Meh... Cyberpunk hip-hop? I have always preferred my cyberpunk music to be electronic or industrial. Future wise I suppose a lot of Dub since we know it's the last fad, not that I'm a big fan. Culturally it wouldn't be surprising to hear more electro among Netrunners and more metal among Nomads for instance. There's everything in a world.

That said, that song totally fits Johnny.

Whoah, where did you hear hip-hop in there?

uhhh nice, can we get lyrics somewhere though? I want to understand what the hell is being said :p

Lyrics:

can you feel it
can you touch it
get ready cause here we go

my soul inserted with vital force
wonʼt spare what Iʼm hunting for
itʼs the animal in my blood
wouldnʼt stop it even if I could

seed is sown - Iʼm chippin in
roll the bones - Iʼm chippin in
embed that code - Iʼm chippin in
mayhem flows

not backing down, never backing down
not backing down, yeah

can you feel it
can you touch it

yeah

suits run when I come undone
canʼt kill me Iʼm zeroes and ones
add justice to the peoples math
blaze way down the rebel path

hear my call - Iʼm chippin in
total war - Iʼm chippin in
casings fall - Iʼm chippin in
kill them all

not backing down, never backing down

can you feel it
can you touch it

Credits to Madqueen, from the Madqueen Show youtube channel (she is awesome, if you aren't familiar with her content, you should check it out!).

e surprising to hear more electro among Netrunners and more metal among Nomads for instance. There's everything in a world.

Whoah, where did you hear hip-hop in there?

Not just hip-hop, cyberpunk hip-hop, as in industrial hip hop. Where the lyrical style is inspired by rap singing and driven by beat over harmony. Such as as it is in the verse of this song. If you don't see it then think KMFDM. That's what I'm referring to.

Very rage of the machine sounding, I love it.

Also would it be possible to get the rap song playing at the no tell motel in the E3 2019 trailer? I really liked the little I heard of it.

Hey now, it's fine to prefer the older version (I like them both) but there's no reason to trash the band like that.

well this suck...i would like to compare to the 2018 version(may not be better)
there 2 or 3 segment that are good but the rest is pretty average with a wet kitten singing....
bummer i really thaw this would be better

Top Bottom