Suggested foods V and other people in 2077 eat

+
I'm thinking that maybe in the future, everyone is so financially messed up for many very good reasons, and animal farming and those kinds of products are no longer profitable for corporations or farmers, and no longer sustainable on a personal level of private ownership, the end result being that everyone, corporations and otherwise have learned ways to grow lots of nutrient rich spirulina (blue-green algae cyanobacteria) in lab grown vats/tanks and then figured out a way to 3D print the spirulina into various different foods/textures/shapes or turn it into various different flavors and smells, and basically are able to make any kind of food (or something that tastes close enough and keeps people alive and healthy) out of that ingredient. Basically, 3D printed milk and cereal, and probably any other type of food, but it's all 3D printed and it's all made out of spirulina. What do you think it will be like in 2077? :D
Post automatically merged:

To provide some more input on my own idea: I think possibly good evidence for this is how when V goes to the ripper doc (Victor) he has V sit down and this machine 3D prints cybernetics into V's organic hand (which he had to numb to avoid V being in pain) so if the world of Cyberpunk2077 has the technology to 3D print plastic and metal into biological flesh without causing any problems, I would imagine that they definitely have the technology to print biological matter all by itself and change its color/texture/smell/flavor/ and maybe even synthesize other nutrients out of it that are missing, like Vitamin C and B12 and D3 among many other nutrients that are not present in spirulina, would be a serious issue for people. Maybe there is a way to chemically convert Spirulina into Vitamin C or other nutrients (in 2077 in the far future) so that it can be reincorporated back into the typical "food print mix" that is used in food printing machines, so that everyone always has all their nutrients all the time, even if they're very poor?
This would explain why there are so many homeless people in Cyberpunk2077, because if they had no food, they would have starved and wouldn't be walking around outside. They must be eating something to stay alive, so maybe this is the answer? Would be cool :)

Last edited:
My V will endlessly eat 3D printed spaghetti lol
LOL I don't know why this got me so good. :ROFLMAO:

My V will endlessly eat 3D printed spaghetti lol
Walking down the street with V and some bad guys pop up and V hacks their brains so that they forgetti the spaghetti, but they get some backup before V can finish the hack and try to corner V but just as they do, V pulls out dual wield cybernetic machine guns and says:

Baby

Last edited:
Expect to see rice and noodles as staple carbohydrates. Breads, potatoes, and other luxury carbs will be reserved for the wealthy.

Proteins will heavily favour soy, amaranth, beans, insects, and krill for the masses. Farmed fish would be an expense most people would only have rarely. Vat grown meat would be available at a price, while farmed meats or wild fish would be beyond the reach of all but the 0.1%.

Expect to see rice and noodles as staple carbohydrates. Breads, potatoes, and other luxury carbs will be reserved for the wealthy.

Proteins will heavily favour soy, amaranth, beans, insects, and krill for the masses. Farmed fish would be an expense most people would only have rarely. Vat grown meat would be available at a price, while farmed meats or wild fish would be beyond the reach of all but the 0.1%.

But if the world is all crazy and damaged and broken in 2077, I don't believe rice (very labor intensive) and potatoes (very prone to potato/plant illnesses), bread (based on grain), soy (very prone to pests), amaranth (grain, possibly prone to pest and plant disease), beans (maybe doable depending on the variety?), insects/krill/fish (has to eat something in order to grow and multiply and create large biomass), vat grown meat (expensive, and maybe doesn't taste quite right or tastes "off") and of course farmed animal products being completely not optional unless someone is very very rich, that doesn't leave many options left. The reason I propose Lab/Vat/Tank grown mass produced spirulina and then converted into 3D food printing material is because taking cost and nutrient and labor input VS total nutrient output (especially in 2077 with improved technology in that field) would probably beat any and all other foods combined in nutrition and cost and efficiency. what do you think? I think it makes most sense. :shrug:

That's some interesting insight, thanks. It's rather depressing, but is that the goal? I rather have an interesting and intelligent option like what I mentioned originally about the 3D printed Spirulina than a depressing option that's probably made from ground up dead... never mind.... :oops:

G30M1

Forum regular
I wanna play with the idea of fruits and vegetables. If 2077 still manages to produce them, I think people would be used to poor quality fruits and vegetables.

For example, if you go to a supermarket in the US now, the tomatoes lean more towards the color orange and are getting crunchier with less flavor. Peaches are hard and crunchy.

I think if people have never experienced a good tomato or peach, they probably assume that's just how they are supposed to be. Thus, they keep selling bad produce because people will buy it not knowing any better.

I wanna play with the idea of fruits and vegetables. If 2077 still manages to produce them, I think people would be used to poor quality fruits and vegetables.

For example, if you go to a supermarket in the US now, the tomatoes lean more towards the color orange and are getting crunchier with less flavor. Peaches are hard and crunchy.

I think if people have never experienced a good tomato or peach, they probably assume that's just how they are supposed to be. Thus, they keep selling bad produce because people will buy it not knowing any better.
Yea, and I feel like I already notice that in real life. :giveup:

Well, yeah...that's what the lore says, but OP asked for suggestions, which I took stuff other than established lore.

super cuberpunk edition mre
Please repeat? I'm confused???

Soylent Green...someone really should've questioned just exactly how the Mayor of Night City planned on dealing with the homeless. :oops:
EXACTLY, I'm thinking the kibble is soylent green! We need clean vegan options in Night City 2077! I Don't want to eat Jackie! :sad::cry::giveup:

As Cybunknymph posted people eat kibble in CP . The only good farming land gets used for CHOOH2 the fuel of the future .
This is the perfect excuse for Food Labs to grow biomass from tank/vat grown spirulina for 3D printed food production. :D

Well, yeah...that's what the lore says, but OP asked for suggestions, which I took stuff other than established lore.
I'm just saying, I don't want CDProjektRed to get rid of kibble, or the rich corporate food options, but rather I want them to consider adding futuristic clean vegan options for those paranoid and smart and health conscious enough that are motivated enough to seek out a safer option. Maybe CDProjektRed could even create a quest in the game that leads V to discover that kibble is in fact a corporate conspiracy to recycle the dead (or the problematic living) and feed it back to the population and try and stop it, with several different options available as to how to solve the problem?
1. leave it alone, don't tell anyone. everyone keeps eating people kibble. people keep suffering. people keep disappearing. V has to keep eating kibble knowing that they are eating dead people.
2. freak out and tell everyone right away. everyone stops eating kibble, but huge amounts of people starve to death.
3. blackmail corporate manufacturers to keep it a secret. V walks away with a bunch of money in addition to the consequences of option 1.
4. quietly back off and don't tell anyone and wait patiently for an opportunity to find a better solution. V eventually has the option to source cleaner ingredients without the horrible drawbacks and consequences of the other options. costs V some money, and V also has to take down the entire corporate group responsible for the production right before releasing the clean option. So it's a huge effort, and you only do it to save everyone because you care.

Ham sandwich is my favourite type of food in the Witcher 1 and 3 (I always hoard them) but sadly I don't think real ham would be an option. Can always hope, though -- and I do.

Top Bottom